Thread: Abortion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If the female was raped, then she should have the choice, but if she was a dumbass and didn't use a condom with a one night stand, then she's a dee dee dee
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    If the female was raped, then she should have the choice, but if she was a dumbass and didn't use a condom with a one night stand, then she's a dee dee dee
    Dee dee dee? Very scientific word there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    We should run things like the Spartans did. Weeding out genetic faults...

honestly though, it's should be the womens choice if they want to abort their child or not. It's living in side of them, and you only have the option to abort in the beginning. After 24 weeks you haven't got a choice.

I'm also for stem cell research. Opposition to abortion and opposition to embryonic stem cell research go hand in hand.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    What happens if the condom fails?

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

"Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post

+1

And if she lie about it and make everything to believe on her?
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 06-21-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post

Boom. A baby.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Opticz View Post

Boom. A baby.
    It was rhetorical.

my tumblr

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    There is no brain function in the fetus for the first few months, so technically, the baby isn't living (until a certain point).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Your OP asked if pro-life people derive from their religious views. Well, I'm a Deist, so I know there is a God, but I see religion as fanatical nonsense. Yet, I am still "pro-life" to a point. I do believe in extenuating circumstances though giving the mother a choice. The problem lies (IMHO) in the fact that a TINY % of abortions are from rape cases and the VAST MAJORITY are simply "convenience" abortions. I do see "convenience abortion" as murder. I don't have these views because of any religious beliefs (Deists have no religion, we oppose it. We instead use reason and logic from our own observations).

I am also a single father who has raised my daughter ALONE since she was 6 months old (She is 12 years old now). Her mom didn't seem concerned at ALL though about becoming a mother when she crawled on top of me 12 years ago and had her way with me without regard or concern for protection. Hell she had even had to plot and break up my relationship with another girl just to get me available in the first place.

Her friends had tried to get her to have an abortion while she was pregnant but she firmly told them no that she didn't believe in abortion. I thank God every time I look into my daughter's eyes that her mom didn't have an abortion. Her mother suddenly decided when my daughter was 6 months old that she didn't want to be a mom and walked out on me and my daughter. She then went through a ton of relationships and wasn't even in communication with my daughter for several years. I've raised my daughter myself ever since her mom walked out. Me and her mom were never married. I have NO regrets about my daughter being born.

I found this article and thought it may be of use to you as another viewpoint for your essay. I'm not saying this article reflects MY opinions, I just thought it might offer something to your debate. I can't post the outside link so I will just copy/paste the article. I removed the outside links as well.

To be a Deist all that is required is that you believe in God based on the application of your God-given reason on the designs found throughout Nature, designs which presuppose a supremely intelligent Designer, as well as reject ideas and beliefs which go against your God-given reason, such as all of the "revealed" religions and their false claims to possession of "the word of God", to "miracles", etc. That's it.

Deism is not "conservative" nor "liberal". Deism and Deists follow the dictates of Reason and Nature. Regarding controversial issues such as abortion, gun control, etc., Deists are free to make up their own minds based on their own God-given reason. There are Deists who are on both sides of these issues. The only way to resolve these issues is to have a free exchange of ideas with open minds from people on both sides of the issues. In that spirit this article on abortion is presented. (link removed)

Should Abortion Be Legal?

by Pauline Rocco and Bob Johnson

Should abortion be legal? This article will draw a distinction between abortion for convenience sake, and abortion for medical reasons, as well as abortion in the limited cases of rape/incest.

Looking at the issue of abortion, relying solely on reason which is a requirement of being a Deist, it becomes obvious that abortion for convenience sake is wrong. The key argument for proponents of this act is that a woman has a right to her own body. This is a true and correct statement. All people have a right to do to their own bodies what they will. However, the fetus, or unborn baby, is a distinct individual. Even though it resides inside its mother, it is a separate entity genetically. Its DNA is completely its own, and different from its mother's DNA. From the moment of conception, it is an entirely separate genetic individual. Therefore, the argument in favor of abortion on demand, or abortion for convenience sake, that a woman has a right to do as she wishes to her own body, is not applicable to the question of abortion, since the mother's body is different from that of her baby, or fetus. It does not matter what a group of men in the form of the US Supreme Court said about the issue in Roe v. Wade. What matters to a Deist is reason, reality, and life, not opinion.

Regarding abortion for medical reasons where the mother's life is in jeopardy, that should be left to the discretion of the mother, family, and doctor. It's true, the mother and the unborn baby are still two separate individuals/entities, but under these difficult circumstances, it's truly a personal decision for those directly involved. It's akin to a mother and child falling into dangerous river rapids and a family member or bystander must decide who to save. It's a terrible decision that must be made. Regardless of the decision, one life will be lost and one saved. This situation differs so fundamentally from abortion on demand, which is to kill the unborn baby for convenience, as opposed to choosing which life will be saved.

Abortion in cases of rape and/or incest should be treated the same as abortion for medical reasons. It should be up to the victim of the rape or incest what she wants to do in this rare and terrible situation.

The overwhelming number of abortions in the US are done for convenience. As the State of California reported, ". . .abortions for medical reasons are extremely rare ...(link removed) . Thus, if abortion on demand was made illegal, many thousands of lives would be saved every year. And life is the most valuable gift anyone can give or have.

The below pictures illustrate the fact that the unborn baby is actually an individual person.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist; 06-22-2011 at 02:25 AM.

My respect and gratitude to the following members for their contributions and frequently helping others:
    Hell_Demon, Sid, Dank, Pie, Doomsday.today, LordInferno

"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."
    ~Morpheus

“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”
    ~ Thomas Paine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
    Your OP asked if pro-life people derive from their religious views. Well, I'm a Deist, so I know there is a God, but I see religion as fanatical nonsense. Yet, I am still "pro-life" to a point. I do believe in extenuating circumstances though giving the mother a choice. The problem lies (IMHO) in the fact that a TINY % of abortions are from rape cases and the VAST MAJORITY are simply "convenience" abortions. I do see "convenience abortion" as murder. I don't have these views because of any religious beliefs (Deists have no religion, we oppose it. We instead use reason and logic from our own observations).

I am also a single father who has raised my daughter ALONE since she was 6 months old (She is 12 years old now). Her mom didn't seem concerned at ALL though about becoming a mother when she crawled on top of me 12 years ago and had her way with me without regard or concern for protection. Hell she had even had to plot and break up my relationship with another girl just to get me available in the first place.

Her friends had tried to get her to have an abortion while she was pregnant but she firmly told them no that she didn't believe in abortion. I thank God every time I look into my daughter's eyes that her mom didn't have an abortion. Her mother suddenly decided when my daughter was 6 months old that she didn't want to be a mom and walked out on me and my daughter. She then went through a ton of relationships and wasn't even in communication with my daughter for several years. I've raised my daughter myself ever since her mom walked out. Me and her mom were never married. I have NO regrets about my daughter being born.

I found this article and thought it may be of use to you as another viewpoint for your essay. I'm not saying this article reflects MY opinions, I just thought it might offer something to your debate. I can't post the outside link so I will just copy/paste the article. I removed the outside links as well.
    You can post outside links.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
    [COLOR="SeaGreenI thank God every time I look into my daughter's eyes that her mom didn't have an abortion.
    Deist?

Anyways. About your pictures. Is the picture with the pencil a picture of a baby split into pieces?
    [/COLOR]

my tumblr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter Cell View Post
    People that support abortion are just mentally disturbed. It's the same as killing a grown person, just that you don't go to jail for it.
    If you don't want to have kids, don't make them!
    Hey man, what if it was rape or something?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

Hey man, what if it was rape or something?
    Yeah. Blame the baby and make him suffer the consequences. Either way, it was his fault his mother was raped.

/not
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Yeah. Blame the baby and make him suffer the consequences. Either way, it was his fault his mother was raped.

/not
    The so called "baby" cannot feel anything until at least 5 months into the pregnancy.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

The so called "baby" cannot feel anything until at least 5 months into the pregnancy.
    Say I enter a coma. Can't feel a fucking drum if it was played next to my ear. How does that change the fact that I'm a human being?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast