Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Since they are granted VIP access, and a user title to do things like that, yes I do. I did when I was in here. I made sigs every day. Even when they weren't requested, I made them just to give away, and when I was doing it, there was not VIP forum access for the GFX team.

I've come in here several times & made simple request, and I'm not exactly one of the randoms at MPGH or this section, and I couldn't get any of them to do something for me. I could only imagine what it was like for lesser members trying.

It's not hard work, but it is tedious though.

*here's a tissue*
    Considering how many requests there are, and considering that maybe the GFX team would want to spend time on that signature to make it look good, I would say they would have to spend all day wasting their time on doing EVERY SINGLE REQUEST.
    Oh, and actually, on other GFX websites, Hacking or actual GFX, the GFX team does not do every single request. You're the only one who thinks so.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-27-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousArt
    And I've been doing photoshop work for a very long time, and I've never heard of BLANE.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    See, it's not like you've got to go bawls out on every piece. As long as the member is happy with what he's got:/, and there's NEVER been a time when %100 of USER request where met, so you're excuse for not trying is, meh.

And it's not hard to do signatures. It would normally take between 15-40 mins for me.

You guys should of wanted to make ppl look good. I did:]

Don't get mad.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-27-2011 at 06:10 PM.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Since they are granted VIP access, and a user title to do things like that, yes I do. I did when I was in here. I made sigs every day. Even when they weren't requested, I made them just to give away, and when I was doing it, there was not VIP forum access for the GFX team.

I've come in here several times & made simple request, and I'm not exactly one of the randoms at MPGH or this section, and I couldn't get any of them to do something for me. I could only imagine what it was like for lesser members trying.

It's not hard work, but it is tedious though.

*here's a tissue*
    You're shitting me.

Do you really expect me, one of the few who has branched out farther than any member of any team here EVER, to spend hours creating custom materials, applying mats, creating C4D models, placing 3D light sources, creating a boxed environment, rendering the damn thing for 2 hours, THEN go into PS and do effect adjustments, lighting, depth, and atmosphere, like seen HERE every day and for every little kid who comes in here with a request?
    I expect not.
    So really what you expect is for those of us on the team who have moved far beyond MPGH and the level of knowledge and understanding of previous teams to stoop down 90 levels just to make something "cool to show up under every post", correct?

Or am I completely misunderstanding?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you were making something every day, it must not have been too complex or time consuming. And while a lot of art doesn't take forever, a lot of art does.

I don't want to waste my time with some kid wanting a call of duty render slapped on difference clouds with some horrific text while I have my own ideas to pursue.

But hey, if that's what the GFX is supposed to be, which is a bunch of people who never really end up taking art seriously and have too much time and life invested in a forum, I'm sorry I was ever a part of something I didn't completely understand, and I'm sure the team will serve its original purpose better with myself and a few others out of the picture.

I think you have a great eye for art, and I also think you could do really well if you set your mind to it and branched out, but this is just primitive.

Long post =/= mad btw.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (06-28-2011),Faux (06-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Or am I completely misunderstanding?
    Yeah you are.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yeah you are.
    Then enlighten me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Then enlighten me.
    Hit me up on MSN then. I'm not arguing here.

MPGHRJ@hotmail.com

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Added and waiting.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Yeah you are.
    how is he misunderstood
    we have better shit to do then pump out requests for fuckwits with 200 posts
    idk bout u but a good tag takes 2hrs, and i find u need a day or 2 to get your ideas out properly
    but then again i dont think you realise that the art here has moved on from the crap that was considered "pro" in your day

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Its about the normal mpgh user. And like i said before you dont have to bawls out to please a normal user. Theyre generally happy just to have somerhing. Ive already explained myself to ryan, and we're in agreement. Do i really need to explain it to you also? just because you feel as if youre too good to make simple things for the users here doesnt make the demand less. Just because you dont want to doesnt mean you shouldnt. Just because you think itll take forever to do doesnt mean you shoulnt try. This is a major part of the reason this section died. Like it or not
    Last edited by RJ; 06-28-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its about the normal mpgh user. And like i said before you dont have to bawls out to please a normal user. Theyre generally happy just to have somerhing. Ive already explained myself to ryan, and we're in agreement. Do i really need to explain it to you also? just because you feel as if youre too good to make simple things for the users here doesnt make the demand less. Just because you dont want to doesnt mean you shouldnt. Just because you think itll take forever to do doesnt mean you shoulnt try. This is a major part of the reason this section died. Like it or not
    Requests do NOT justify the position of the Team.

[IMG]https://i182.photobucke*****m/albums/x144/scruffball_2007/mpghfinal.png[/IMG]

Moosic ~ Czar ~ Ethereal
    [IMG]https://i182.photobucke*****m/albums/x144/scruffball_2007/fdas.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i182.photobucke*****m/albums/x144/scruffball_2007/BlindBW.png[/IMG]

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    It's not really about requests, although we did ask for GFX team to do some of them, they are not REQUIRED, to do so. It's more about the lack of inclusion and welcoming of regular members, and lack of doing anything useful really.. (Apart from a few of them.) Sigs are not particularly useful to Dave or the site itself...

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (06-28-2011),Ryguy (06-28-2011)

Thanks
    I totally have to agree with you there Liz. It wasn't all the members of the team that expressed these negative actions and for that I do not think they should all be punished but again that is for dave to decide. However I do believe you have lost or are going to lose some good members.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    It's not really about requests, although we did ask for GFX team to do some of them, they are not REQUIRED, to do so. It's more about the lack of inclusion and welcoming of regular members, and lack of doing anything useful really.. (Apart from a few of them.) Sigs are not particularly useful to Dave or the site itself...
    I had something typed out, but realized that it would be an opinion against an opinion, like the majority of conflicts here are.
    Dave did what he did on his site, no one can really tell him what's best or worst for it.

I do agree with Ryguy though, some good people have already left, with a few more on the way out.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I had something typed out, but realized that it would be an opinion against an opinion, like the majority of conflicts here are.
    Dave did what he did on his site, no one can really tell him what's best or worst for it.

I do agree with Ryguy though, some good people have already left, with a few more on the way out.
    I havent seen anyone leave besides James and he will be back.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Any advice is good advice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast