Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

How to Create a Minecraft Cracked Beta Server

I have been making servers for a while and I decided that I would post a tutorial on how to make a cracked beta server.

You will need:
    - A computer
    - Windows operating system
    - Minecraft server kit
    - A decent internet connection speed

With GUI (Must have downloaded the .exe file from the website)

1. Open the folder that you have your server kit inside of

2. Run the .exe file and wait for the spawn areas to finish generating
    (If you have a file instead of a .exe, right click it and select "Rename". Then put ".exe" at the end of the name.)

3. Type "stop" in the console

4. Now you should have a whole bunch of files in the folder where your Minecraft server .exe is. Double click the server.properties file and open it with notepad. You should see this:

5. Minimize the server.properties notepad and go to start menu and type "cmd" in the search bar. When the cmd program appears in the search results, right click it and select "Run as administrator".

6. Type "ipconfig" in cmd and hit enter, you should see a whole list of things pop up. Find "Default Gateway".

7. Now open up your internet browser and type in what it said your Default Gateway was (e.g. Mine is 192.168.1.1) and hit enter

8. You should have a login pop-up, by default username and password is "admin". If you have wireless router, type in your network name as the username, and your network password as the password. For wired routers, it should still be admin for both username and password, unless you have changed it.

9. You should now be in your router setup. Find a section named "Applications and Gaming" and go to it. You should now be in the port forwarding section.

10. Select one section to fill out. For end port/external port, type in 25565*
    and for start port/internal port, type in 25565 as well. Set the protocol as TCP. Now we have to open up our cmd again (if you closed it, open it up using step 5 and 6), this time search for something called "IPV4 Address", take the numbers after the last period and put it in the section next to all the numbers (Shown below). Lastly, check the enabled box and scroll down and press save settings.

11. Navigate back to the server.properties notepad and put your IPV4 address next to "server-ip" (no spaces)

12. This is the MOST important part, you must change "online-mode" in the server.properties file to "false", this is what makes it a cracked server.

13. You can adjust the server.properties now to your liking, here is a summary of what each option does:

level-name: The world folder the server uses

allow-nether: Turns nether on or off (true/false)

view-distance: I honestly dont know but im guessing it adjusts how many chunks the game loads around each player

spawn-monsters: Turns dangerous mobs on or off (true/false)

online-mode: Cracked server = false Legit server = true (true/false)

spawn-animals: Turns friendly mobs on or off (true/false)

max-players: Maximum amount of players (Basic rule is that per 0.25 megabits of upload speed you have, you can host 1 person without extensive lag)

server-ip: Your IPV4 address

pvp: Turns PVP on or off (true/false)

level-seed: If you want a certain seed for your map put it here

server-port: The port you want to run this server on (Whatever port you port
    forwarded, which is 25565 if you followed this tutorial)

allow-flight: Turns flying on or off (true/false)

white-list: Enables whitelist (only allows people in that are on the whitelist) (true/false)

14. Adding ops, banned people and whitelisted people:

If you want to add an op (admin), go to the folder where your server is and open the text document named "ops". Type every username that you want to be an op in here on seperate lines.

If you want to only allow certain people in, make sure in your server.properties that white-list is enabled. Then open up the whitelist text document in your server folder and add every username that you want in your server on separate lines.

If you want to add a banned username, go to the banned-players text document in your server folder and add every banned username on separate lines.

If you want to add a banned ip address, go to the banned-ips text document in your server folder and and add every banned ip address on separate lines.

15. I bet you want to know the ip of your server now right? Well I can't help you with this (because of external links) but i suggest you search on your search engine something of the likes of "what is my ip".

16. To start your server, run your server .exe file and wait for it to finish loading. Then you can start minecraft and type in your ip address and start playing on your server!

*You do not have to use this port, but there is a limited range of ports you can use and this is the default port

- Every weekend I will add a new tutorial, leave a comment suggesting a topic or choose from:

- How to create a server with plugins using bukkit
    - How to mod your minecraft basics
    - How to get mincraft beta for free
    - How to make various minecraft creations

- I am currently looking for a host for my minecraft server, you will have to pm me with your upload and downloadspeed and what your time schedule for the server will be. I suggest searching speedtest on your search engine to find out what your internet speed is. -

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jay123qwe For This Useful Post:

gotrung (07-20-2012)

Thanks
    You confuse the tutorial by using your router, and your settings. It's a good guide, but has many unnecessary steps. The official software isn't the best to use either.

Here's also some clarification. (some might NOT be in your config)

level-name: The world folder the server uses
    hellworld: If you want the main world to be a nether. (true/false)
    allow-nether: Turns the PORTAL nether on or off (true/false)
    view-distance: The amount of chunks loaded around each player. (5-15)
    spawn-monsters: Toggles hostile mobiles. (true/false)
    online-mode: Checks if people are logged in or not (true/false)
    spawn-animals: Turns passive mobs on or off (true/false)
    max-players: Maximum amount of players.
    server-ip: Your IPV4 or IPV6 address.
    pvp: Toggles PVP or PVE. (true/false)
    level-seed: If you want to use a map seed.
    server-port: The port you want to run this server on. (default 25566)
    allow-flight: Toggles flying. (true/false)
    white-list: Toggles whitelisting (only allows people in that are on the whitelist) (true/false)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Well im not sure how I can make the port forwarding one apply to all routers, but most routers are similar to mine. I will try to make the guide more efficient and I will apply your config explanation in the main post. I know that the official software is not the greatest, im currently making a guide for bukkit.