Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

U.S bases in other countrys

Title says it all, a method of helping countrys with military support or are we secretly taking over the world ?

For all you conspiracy theorists who are probably going to spew shit all over my thread, please provide actual evidence that can't be debunked with a simple Google search...
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    In a way even if we are taking over the world, we are still protecting people.

:/ Those nations don't got any military power anyway, better have a military base than a military regime taking them over.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Like people bitch and bitch about us having military outposts in foreign countries, or helping out with conflicts, but really we saved a shitload of people like here or herehundreds of thousands of people were being starved to death, and warlords were ruling somalia. We came in, and even though we weren't successful in eliminating aidid (the warlord) we fucked up their shit, and he died soon afterwards we are pretty awesome, not a lot of countries go in and help like that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    A U.S military base in another country means 2 things.

1. If they're attacked, Its like an automatic Alliance, America will join the fray immediately.
    2. LARGE Amounts of revenue for the Host Country.

If a Country wants a base gone, we're obliged to remove it.

And because we have a base there doesn't necessarily mean that they have no, or a weak military Force.
    Take Israel for example, we have a military Facility there, but If any culture today resembles the typical stereotypes of the Battle-born warrior, Its the Israelis.
    Or even Germany, and Japan. Both being First world countries.
    Last edited by chrossfire; 07-29-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'd rather have a military base than have them taken over.

Its safe to say that come WWIII you don't want to be the country without extra help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    *waits for virtualDUDE to come barging in.*

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    So was I but he got butthurt in a thread and never came back.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    i think we are protecting

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    when i join the military i might join the airforce and do security forces. the only people to carry guns. i would have a good chance of going to a base in any of those countrys.
    So there was this crazy party at my ESTATE last night, which was located next to a TERMINAL, in AFGHAN, just 10 miles from a local QUARRY. Everyone was totally wasted. The place was like a SCRAPYARD.There was this girl that said she wanted to DERAIL me. So i went to a RUNDOWN hotel in FAVELA, there was RUST everywhere. I felt her KARACHI, it was bare like a WASTELAND. The feeling gave me a HIGHRISE. I then entered her UNDERPASS, went so deep i hit her SUB BASE.She loved the INVASION
    i am XxAussy1995xX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by [The]aussy1995 View Post
    when i join the military i might join the airforce and do security forces. the only people to carry guns. i would have a good chance of going to a base in any of those countrys.
    Do Combat Controller. Badass shit right there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseQuarters View Post
    Do Combat Controller. Badass shit right there.
    more than likely ill just end up being a 21B for the national guard. its the unit in my town. they have the most IEDs removed with 0 deaths. record in america! even beating fucking marines.
    Last edited by [The]aussy1995; 07-31-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    So there was this crazy party at my ESTATE last night, which was located next to a TERMINAL, in AFGHAN, just 10 miles from a local QUARRY. Everyone was totally wasted. The place was like a SCRAPYARD.There was this girl that said she wanted to DERAIL me. So i went to a RUNDOWN hotel in FAVELA, there was RUST everywhere. I felt her KARACHI, it was bare like a WASTELAND. The feeling gave me a HIGHRISE. I then entered her UNDERPASS, went so deep i hit her SUB BASE.She loved the INVASION
    i am XxAussy1995xX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Having military bases in many countries isn't really needed. The EU also have a military alliance any attack on them will cause the entire EU/NATO forces to band together.

However, I don't oppose of putting bases in key areas like Japan and other regions, but it isn't needed to put in almost every country.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    ^
    But it's safe to have an assurance to have the world's strongest military force to back you up just in case shit goes down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    ^
    But it's safe to have an assurance to have the world's strongest military force to back you up just in case shit goes down.
    Sorry, just needed to emphasize something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    What about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast