My Mood
    Innocent
    You don't need all that shit for CA.
    -.-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Smith View Post

I would prefer if he got anything above GTX 460 or 5770 HD.
    But I don't know if he has PCi-E power supply.
    The 4850 is slightly cheaper. IDK I think the 5 series are ultranerfed on performance but are made to be super cool and power efficient. The only adv. 5770 really has is DX11, and since CA is DX9, no real big diff. The 460 is recommended @ 700W... Soooo lol
    Any donations would help

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby-kun

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDemon
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussofresh View Post
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!
    [21:13] CoderNever: HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    People really don't know what they're talking about. Its a low budget card, would run CA on max settings 60+ fps fine. Is it worth it though? Nope. A ATi 5570 is in the same price range and is better overall

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    People really don't know what they're talking about. Its a low budget card, would run CA on max settings 60+ fps fine. Is it worth it though? Nope. A ATi 5570 is in the same price range and is better overall
    And you could always add a few extra dollars for the 5770.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    And add more money and you can get the 4850

I'm assuming you'll be doing more in your life on the computer than just Combat Arms... O.o
    Any donations would help

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Smith View Post

And you could always add a few extra dollars for the 5770.
    Needs a PCI-E connector, that shit uses like 100+ watts compared to 5570's 40.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post

Needs a PCI-E connector, that shit uses like 100+ watts compared to 5570's 40.

But doesn't it come with those converter things?:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    @Roger Smith I have a question say It says minimum PSU is 300 but im 250 would I barely slide by?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    @Alen I hear your pretty good you think you could answer?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by TisJoel View Post
    @Roger Smith I have a question say It says minimum PSU is 300 but im 250 would I barely slide by?
    No, 250 would NOT work. Well it actually depends but I doubt it. Apparently the 5770 can pull 108W and 5750 can pull 86W. Your CPU is probably pulling 65W for Duo Core, 125-130W if it's a Quad. Add on everything else... and considering the PSU will probably NOT be able to really bring 250W, you would run out of power.
    Any donations would help

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'll start off by saying that most of what has been said is pretty much a 12 year old's interpretation of some skewed information he got from other 12 year olds with little to no real knowledge of anything useful.

And as I've seen here everyone is talking about the memory on a card ... that's kind of pointless. Think of your gfx card as a seperate little PC with it's own cpu and ram (gpu and vram). If you have an old cpu that can barely process your game and create the images lots of ram won't help it - it just won't be used. On the other hand if you have a good cpu but a bit less memory you'll be able to process the images faster and the less ram won't even affect you that much (not to mention that games like CA aren't even that gfx-intensive and don't really require more than a reasonably small amount of vram). So in the end it's a question of which gfx card has the fastest gpu and can process the information faster, not which card has the most vram.

Now throughout the thread I've seen some of the following cards being mentioned: Nvidia's GT 520, the old Ati's x1900, Nvidia's 210 & 8400 GS, Ati's 4850 and 5570.

First off a little tip: never buy cards that are more than a generation or two old. Nvidia's current generation is the 5XX, the previous one was the 4XX & 3XX (4XX being normal cards, 3XX being low-power cards) and the one before that was the 2XX generation. 9XXX, 8XXX or even the 7XXX generation precede the 2XX gen and are too old to be even seriously taken into consideration. Ati (now renamed to AMD) latest gen is the 6XXX, which came after the 5XXX gen, which came after the 3XXX one etc.

Short version: Nvidia 5XX or 4XX, AMD 6XXX or Ati 5XXX.

From the cards listed in this thread the only one I would really take into consideration is the 5570, it's the entry gaming-grade gpu from the 5XXX series and should be enough to handle games like CA, CF and should, with some quality reduction, be able to handle "better" games too.

... at this point I gave up typing here, talking to him on messenger. Will update later with suggestions

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Donnuh (07-06-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Honestly for nVidia, I would always go for the higher series as long as it isn't THAT old. Again, ATI really didn't do to well with performance on the 5th generation (as the 4th gen was plauged by power hungry cards/heating issues). The 5th generation was seriously cut down on performance to fix those issues. With the 6th gen of ATI, they basically got a good balance.

Just looking at the "don't buy more than 2 gen old" usually isn't the best idea... Usually the only reason not to is the lack of updated drivers and most drivers work fine unless you're looking for xFire or SLI (which are both buggy technologies).

With nVidia, the 9 gen still isn't bad today. And nVidia isn't too bad with continually updating old graphics cards with the newest drivers. The 8 gen is a little power hungry and that's about the only flaw with them. The newer models, I would really just look for the higher family model. As usually the gen number usually only specifies how new it is (so what DX it can handle, efficiency fixes, type of RAM, etc.) While the family number specifies real performance (which is what most people REALLY care about)
    Any donations would help

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1

HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1
    HOLY SHIT ITS USER1!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by User1 View Post
    Honestly for nVidia, I would always go for the higher series as long as it isn't THAT old. Again, ATI really didn't do to well with performance on the 5th generation (as the 4th gen was plauged by power hungry cards/heating issues). The 5th generation was seriously cut down on performance to fix those issues. With the 6th gen of ATI, they basically got a good balance.
    Yet still the performance/price of the 5k cards is greater of the 6k.

Just looking at the "don't buy more than 2 gen old" usually isn't the best idea... Usually the only reason not to is the lack of updated drivers and most drivers work fine unless you're looking for xFire or SLI (which are both buggy technologies).
    You're seriously going to recommend getting an Ati 3k or Nvidia 200 card? Jesus man, stop trolling.

With nVidia, the 9 gen still isn't bad today. And nVidia isn't too bad with continually updating old graphics cards with the newest drivers. The 8 gen is a little power hungry and that's about the only flaw with them. The newer models, I would really just look for the higher family model. As usually the gen number usually only specifies how new it is (so what DX it can handle, efficiency fixes, type of RAM, etc.) While the family number specifies real performance (which is what most people REALLY care about)
    With the 400 series having refreshed the 9000 chip, there's no real point in getting the 9000 series any more. Unless you're hoping to get a good low-end card there's also no real reason to look at the 200 series any more, leaving the 400/500 series as the most appropriate contenders for a new gfx card. And it's the same story as the Ati 5k vs AMD 6k thing.

Imo the best card for this guy is the 5670 or something, a tad bit better than the average entry-level gaming card and it features some of the goodies of newer cards (notably dx11, something that's begging to appear far more often).

@User1

Thanks
    better then mine and mine works perfect

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast