Thanks

Nexon Readying For IPO

Excited about Zynga’s IPO? Get Ready for Korea’s Nexon - The Washington Post
    Click Link For More Info
    Last edited by Will Smith; 07-13-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I don't wanna read that. Brief it plox

Important rules for all the idiots:

1st rules of spelling. Don't fuck with the ORIGINAL.

There're three things I refuse to tolerate: cowardice, bad haircuts, and millitary insurrection.

- Frieza

You want to keep everyone from dying? That's naive. It's a war; people die.

- Luffy to Vivi in Alabasta

We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    It feels like an old article since Nexon has already populated in North America 0.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    not Old Published 4 days ago

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Smith View Post
    not Old Published 4 days ago
    I said it FEELS OLD
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    I can't access the link for some reason, could post what it's about?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    "Excited about Zynga’s IPO? Get Ready for Korea’s Nexon

By TechCrunch.com, Published: July 8
    Silicon Valley loves to dismiss Asian companies as nothing more than copycats who thrive, particularly in China, because the government protects them and punishes Western competitors. Even when the businesses in question are dramatically different in practice and scale, they are described as the “eBay of China”, “The Google of China” and “the YouTube of China,” not Alibaba, Baidu and YouKu. I’ve argued why this is mostly nonsense before.

But the starkest argument that Asia does indeed innovate may be found in the world of free-to-play games and virtual goods. This is a new market we’re in a lather about here with the impending $1 billion IPO of Zynga, but one that is much larger and more than ten years old in Asia.

And one of the industry’s pioneers– Korea-based Nexon– is also said to be readying itself for an IPO. And get this: It has higher revenues, far better margins and dramatically better user engagement statistics than Zynga, even if most average Western investors have never heard of it. No big deal, because it’s likely to file somewhere in Asia according to sources familiar with the matter, not on the NYSE or the Nasdaq. And in Korea, China and Japan, Nexon most definitely doesn’t have the problem of being unknown.

Nexon is a 17-year-old company with 1.14 billion cumulative registered users and 3000 employees. In 2009, it reported revenues of $643 million– just north of Zynga’s 2010 revenues. And we hear from people close to the company, Nexon has been growing revenues at about 30% per year for the last five years. That would put 2010 revenues around $900 million, and revenues in 2011 on pace to comfortably break $1 billion. That’s impressive growth considering Nexon’s size, age and penetration in its home market, and it means Nexon’s revenue-per-employee is almost double Zynga’s.

What’s more: Nexon’s margins are far better than Zynga’s because they don’t have to pay the 30% Facebook Credits fee on purchases. Our source says the margins are in the range of their largest competitor, Chinese juggernaut Tencent which had 50% margins in 2010. Increased tax and marketing expenses caused margins to fall to 46.3% in its March 2011 earnings report. Still, for what’s essentially a media business, those margins are pretty enviable.

And like Tencent, Nexon is starting to eye North America and Western Europe for growth. Nexon’s biggest market is in Korea, closely followed by its business in China. But its fastest growing market is North America. Nexon is growing more than 50% a year here, albeit off a pretty small base. Nine days ago it launched a private beta on its first Facebook game, a version of its popular MapleStory Adventures. (Featuring that world-weary pig above.) Some 31,000 players have “purchased” 363,000 items over that period. Purchase is in quote marks because the company isn’t actually using Facebook Credits during the beta period, so the purchases are being made from game play points. Actual monetary purchases will almost certainly be less. Still, it gives you an idea of the engagement going on. The game opens to the public July 27."

For andy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What's an IPO? Anyhow, lol Korean Pride <3 Nexon Korea > Zynga was pretty much what I got from the article.

Thanks
    Lol Hahaha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    You wanna talk about buisiness here?

Whatever ppl care about here is for hacks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlley View Post
    You wanna talk about buisiness here?

Whatever ppl care about here is for hacks
    Exactly! I didn't understand anything about that article.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Are they like selling there company or something? cause an IPO means
    "Does Initial Public Offering
    The first sale of stock by a private company to the public. IPOs are often issued by smaller, younger companies seeking the capital to expand, but can also be done by large privately owned companies looking to become publicly traded."