Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Thumbs up How to change ingame music!

Yes, there was a post like this in the Vindictus forums, but there was a flaw in the guide: IT ONLY WORKS WITH MP3. If you went from her (Playthings) guide, you wouldn't be able to change most music in the game. So I spent about the last 2-3 hours playing around with some audio files, and have finally come up with a way to change the audio files.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED.
    iTunes, or any kind of program that allows you to change audio formats (MP3 -> .WAV, etc)
    Wavosaur, or some kind of audio program that is specifically designed for editing .wav files. Audacity is another, if Wavosaur doesn't work for you.

WHAT TO DO

This section will be divided into NPC/Town themes and boss themes. Why? Because NPC/Town themes use the MP3 format and the boss themes like to use .wav. MP3 is easy to replace, but .wav takes a little bit more effort to get it to work properly. We'll start with the easy part.

NPC/Town themes

First step will be to get into your bgm folder. For those that aren't too computer savvy, this SHOULD be the path.

C: -> Nexon -> Vindictus -> en-US -> sound -> bgm

Ignore the boss themes for now. If you want to replace, say, the Colhen town theme, this is the process you should follow.

1. Rename "bgm_colhen_01". It doesn't matter what you change it to, but I recommend you make it something you will remember in case you want to change it back in the future.
    2. Take your MP3 file, and copy it into your bgm folder.
    3. Rename it "bgm_colhen_01".

Yep. That's it. This applies to any other NPC/Town themes that you ever might want to change in the future.

BOSS THEMES

There are a few issues with replacing boss themes. For one, they use the .wav format which is CONSIDERABLY larger than MP3, and will cause a serious amount of lag if the new file is too large. The other problem is that the files have been edited so that they automatically loop. After a little bit of trial and error (And a little research into editing programs) I've managed to come up with a usable strategy.

NOTE: This is assuming you're using iTunes as your means of changing audio formats. Also, you should avoid songs that are too lengthy; remember, they're going to loop. The file size of .wav should be 20mb or lower.

1. Open iTunes, go into EDIT -> Preferences.
    2. Under the general tab, select "Import settings"
    3. Next to "Import using...", select "Wav encoder".
    4. Select the audio file from your list that you wish to change the format of.
    5. Right click and select "Create WAV Version". At this point you should see a copy of the file now in .wav format.
    6. Right click the new file and select "Show in Windows explorer". It should open the folder with your new audio file inside.
    7. Copy it and move it into a new folder on your desktop (This step is OPTIONAL. I like to keep backups, so I always take extra steps such as these. You no longer need the song in iTunes, so you can delete it and send the original into the recycling bin
    8. Open "Wavosaur", go to "File -> Open" to get the file you wish to edit.
    9. Go to "Edit -> Select all". This should highlight the entire piece.
    10. Go to "Tools -> Loop -> Create loop points". This should make a loop point at the beginning and the end.
    11. Save and exit out.
    12. Open your bgm folder, choose the boss theme you wish to change. (We'll use "bgm_boss_icecave" as an example)
    13. Rename it. As stated before, it doesn't matter what you change it to, just be sure to remember what it is so you are able to change it back in the future.
    14. Take your edited .wav file, copy it into the "bgm" folder, and rename it. (In this case "bgm_boss_icecave")
    15. Close everything, start the game.

If you've done everything correctly, the boss theme should be changed to whatever you added to the folder. If you start to experience lag, that means the file size is too large; I don't know a way to get around this without changing the audio format, and will be looking into it in the future. For now, I recommend using short songs that were written to loop to avoid going over the size limit. As far as I know, it's 20mb, though you can experiment with it a little.

Thanks
    Closed, seems to be leeched.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nico For This Useful Post:

Das Face (07-23-2011)