I know of a great program that helps alot of people out that's lag/lag-spikes/response time an getting better ping (latency) (: an its called "GameGain"

Once downloaded (may have to get it from phazeddl or torrent site seeing as you have to pay for it - wont be much seeing its a little app)

Once in the app, you simply just select your CPU type either Intel/AMD then chuck that mother right upto Fastest an it tweeks your RAM/GFX/CPU to perform better with gaming (: abit of a FPS booster aswell heh...

I hardly use this now a days though but may be good for others that are having probs (:, I run a custom built Alienware m18x now @4.4GHz with dual gtx580m's an at home use a custom built intel overclocked system x2 @5GHz ~10GHz 4-way gtx580's.

Yet another solution... Goes for everyone an i DO RECOMMEND THIS to like EVERYONE :P.... Ping hacking is very simple to perform in your computer "regedit" an "programs an features" an results to mager ping decrease (:..

How it works.. Your connection at home - isp - game server, then back... game server, isp, then the data information back to you again... this is CAPPED an at a data flow limit.. it's like this for everyone BUT.... You can break down that limited data flow connection of 18mb/ps - 24mb/ps on a aDSL+2 modem to go unlimited an its how you achieve getting better FPS an alot less ping an lag spikes in games an help ALOT with response timing (:......

Um.. hmm, oh yeah.. In almost all of your FPS Games.. In the console this helps majorly... /cl_maxpackets 0 = For most games you can set it to 0.... I would say older games i.e. Medal of Honor Allied Assault, i went from 34 ping to 8!... /cl_maxpackets 100 = much better response timing when firing an key mashing lol.. alot of the games these days only go from 15 - 100 max now with data packet flow.

Cheers,
Doltear

Hope this helped out alot of people (:

Cheers, Doltear