Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Reason for the bug reward daily mission

Here are the details of what happened.
    During this patch a change was made to give us more control over the dog tag rewards.

After testing this it was working internally.

During testing for this patch there was a bug that wouldn't allow us to place the newest map Chinatown in the daily mission area.

After a fix for this particular issue came in, the patch worked.

After patching on live there was a problem with the daily missions that we're seeing right now. As well as the issue of the Dog Tags.
    The Dog Tag thing is actually not as "drastic" as one might think. Every item, no matter what the type has an ID attached to it. Different ID#'s are for different things. For example, an M4A1 in the Database is not listed as an M4A1. It has an ID number say it's 8003187 or whatever the case may be. (This is pretty typical)

In the case of the Dog Tag stuff, you are not seeing 9 trillion GP as a reward you are seeing a particular item ID for an amount of GP as a reward.

So for example, if we were to reward an M4A1 for 7 days for the Dog Tags, it would probably come up with it'd item ID and the word item or something next to it: "8003187 item"

In the future we'll be able to change the Dog Tag rewards, but we first must wait to get a fix in for the daily missions, and get this display bug fixed so that it is displaying the correct amount of GP, and not the Item ID#.

Lastly, no one in the game has 400 million GP. We have db records for every account which shows us the exact amount of GP every account has. We even have records that show what every item a player gets from a crate. So we would know if someone won 400 1 million prizes from crates.

Additionally, we can check for example, this youtube video, all the player names that are displayed in the moment he goes into a room. We can check to see if any of those accounts have 400 million GP.

We can also look at exchange and purchase information, if someone had this amount of GP we can look at every item they purchased with it and see the history.

We can also look at IP and forum names of accounts of people posting here, we can cross reference those with IP information of other accounts posting on here. We can trace creation days, creation information, email similarities and other trending data which can easy expose alternate accounts of people.

The end result is that IF there was some sort of bug abuse, and someone has 400 million GP we will be able to see it. Determine with fact that it is a bug or an abuse or an exploit. Remove the items from the account, restore the original GP amount before the bug happened and fix the situation. Or if it's done with malicious intent take the appropriate action based on our Terms of Use. And if they decided to post about it on an alternate account, even through a proxy we can still trace the accounts back to an original owner.

Posting on the forums here with fake information, made up videos, assumptions and rumor does actually nothing but harm the community. It's someone being a troll and future posts like this will be closed down.

If you encounter a critical bug in the game, report it via a support ticket, a technical support post or get in touch with a GM or Moderator. Chances are we already know about it, but more information is always beneficial.

Case Closed.

Credits: [GM]Saiden(my dad)

Thanks
    Copy and paste much? Anyways nice info

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I told you guys.You got busted
    [IMG]https://i1114.photobucke*****m/albums/k538/ImminentJM/takari.png[/IMG]

Goal:
    10,000 Posts - 10/13/2011
    Become Minion - Not Done
    Become Donator - 07/29/2011
    1000 Thanks - Done - 07/25/2011
    2000 Thanks - Not Done
    Thanks Archangel for my 1,000 Thanks.
    Thanks Keroaplt for my Signature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Takari View Post
    I told you guys.You got busted
    I knew you were right all along

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Thanks for the info
    I was starting to have doubts about if it were true or false
    Nothing to see here!
    Move Along!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Copy and paste much? Anyways nice info
    Got problems with that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Summarize won't read.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Something like this should be the 1st of April Joke
    [IMG]https://i1114.photobucke*****m/albums/k538/ImminentJM/takari.png[/IMG]

Goal:
    10,000 Posts - 10/13/2011
    Become Minion - Not Done
    Become Donator - 07/29/2011
    1000 Thanks - Done - 07/25/2011
    2000 Thanks - Not Done
    Thanks Archangel for my 1,000 Thanks.
    Thanks Keroaplt for my Signature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostIce View Post
    During this patch a change was made to give us more control over the dog tag rewards.

During testing for this patch there was a bug that wouldn't allow us to place the newest map Chinatown in the daily mission area.

After patching on live there was a problem with the daily missions that we're seeing right now. As well as the issue of the Dog Tags.
    The Dog Tag thing is actually not as "drastic" as one might think. Every item, no matter what the type has an ID attached to it. Different ID#'s are for different things. For example, an M4A1 in the Database is not listed as an M4A1. It has an ID number say it's 8003187 or whatever the case may be. (This is pretty typical)

In the case of the Dog Tag stuff, you are not seeing 9 trillion GP as a reward you are seeing a particular item ID for an amount of GP as a reward.

So for example, if we were to reward an M4A1 for 7 days for the Dog Tags, it would probably come up with it'd item ID and the word item or something next to it: "8003187 item"

In the future we'll be able to change the Dog Tag rewards, but we first must wait to get a fix in for the daily missions, and get this display bug fixed so that it is displaying the correct amount of GP, and not the Item ID#.

Lastly, no one in the game has 400 million GP. We have db records for every account which shows us the exact amount of GP every account has. We even have records that show what every item a player gets from a crate. So we would know if someone won 400 1 million prizes from crates.

Additionally, we can check for example, this youtube video, all the player names that are displayed in the moment he goes into a room. We can check to see if any of those accounts have 400 million GP.

We can also look at exchange and purchase information, if someone had this amount of GP we can look at every item they purchased with it and see the history.

We can also look at IP and forum names of accounts of people posting here, we can cross reference those with IP information of other accounts posting on here. We can trace creation days, creation information, email similarities and other trending data which can easy expose alternate accounts of people.

The end result is that IF there was some sort of bug abuse, and someone has 400 million GP we will be able to see it. Determine with fact that it is a bug or an abuse or an exploit. Remove the items from the account, restore the original GP amount before the bug happened and fix the situation. Or if it's done with malicious intent take the appropriate action based on our Terms of Use. And if they decided to post about it on an alternate account, even through a proxy we can still trace the accounts back to an original owner.

Posting on the forums here with fake information, made up videos, assumptions and rumor does actually nothing but harm the community. It's someone being a troll and future posts like this will be closed down.

If you encounter a critical bug in the game, report it via a support ticket, a technical support post or get in touch with a GM or Moderator. Chances are we already know about it, but more information is always beneficial.

Case Closed.

Holy fuck balls. Your dad is the main GM. Can you get me some GUNZ?
    [IMG]https://i1150.photobucke*****m/albums/o619/ryakhawk/TROYSHeild.jpg[/IMG]

MSN ejjeff2@hotmail.com
    Skype Ejjeff255

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Sooo the "GP" was and Item Id or ?
    My Killmarks
    [V.1]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    ur dad is one of the admins yet ur on a Crossfire hacking website
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostIce View Post

Case Closed.

Sorry I don't wanna read.
    ίςί
    I know, she is just a friend. No one said I couldn't take a picture of her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ίςί View Post
    Hop off.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconluver View Post
    my fault it felt good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    exactly u could of just summed it up
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    thanks for info