Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

So you're suggesting that time is 3D instead of 2D...I understand now

One paradox = end of Universe
    Time is the fourth dimension, so 4D. An entity viewing a 3D world through 4D eyes would see the entire effect of time on the 3D object.

If there were time travelers that went back to change time then how would you know?

History favors those by which it is written. So, if the traveler wrote the history then why would they risk you changing their time line by allowing you to travel through time by whatever means they have?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by bikadechu View Post
    History favors those by which it is written. So, if the traveler wrote the history then why would they risk you changing their time line by allowing you to travel through time by whatever means they have?
    @bikadechu
    The only way to do that would be stopping time travel from becoming possible which would then cause a paradox since they can't go back if they didn't have time travel. Now, if I were the one that helped make time travel possible, and they kill me, then making time travel would be impossible, thus rendering them to travel and yet they did, causing a paradox once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post

@bikadechu
    The only way to do that would be stopping time travel from becoming possible which would then cause a paradox since they can't go back if they didn't have time travel. Now, if I were the one that helped make time travel possible, and they kill me, then making time travel would be impossible, thus rendering them to travel and yet they did, causing a paradox once again.
    Say in the future someone invents time travel. I go back in time and kill him. We cannot with certainty say what would happen. Would my machine then just vanish, would I still have the machine? Would I die? Nobody can know. Because there is no way to prove the fact... The only time travel possible is flying close enough to a black hole that the gravity slows you down but doesn't suck you in, thus every say 5 minutes you EXPERIENCE is actually a year, so you can travel massive amounts into the future. But we don't know what a machine would do. My dad's a physicist and he says it's impossible so...

[IMG]https://i186.photobucke*****m/albums/x253/Rypleys/MNC/biohazard2.jpg[/IMG]

MPGH in 5 words:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROProJect View Post
    1 in a million community

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ғᴜᴋᴏᴊʀ For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (09-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Back to the Future has proof.
    My Mods
    Roulette WheelX
    No Smoke ModX
    Clear Infected ScreenX
    Colorful SmokeX
    Anywhere Bomb Defuse ModX
    Colored Knife Crosshair ModX

Thanks
    Time Travel... Time Machines...
    We won't be seeing them for many decades now...
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinn Asuka View Post
    Time Travel... Time Machines...
    We won't be seeing them for many decades now...
    lols unless they come back to prove it, lols jk
    but I think time travel will only work one way, forward =P
    [IMG]https://i527.photobucke*****m/albums/cc360/zachary12365/coaster.png[/IMG]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HoLyNeSs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
    This may be true but there's generally no real proof that they exist/ don't exist. :P
    Oh come on. Let's be realistic, millions of people all around the world claim to have experienced paranormal activity in their surroundings, do you really think they're all lying.

OT: We currently are traveling through time. We're traveling into the future. But controlable time travel is impossible.

Thanks
    Time is current,the future cannot exist because time is relative to everyone,and everything in the universe.But to break this,if someone where to build a working time machine,then the future could come to the past because their would be a working bridge inbetween.

Think about it like this,you live in a village surrounded by mountains,you only know everything in your village,and nothing exists beyond the mountains.but if you go over the mountains and everything exists,then you know you can go over them,and others can come to your village aswell.
    I buy stuff

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by argusomega1 View Post
    Time is current,the future cannot exist because time is relative to everyone,and everything in the universe.But to break this,if someone where to build a working time machine,then the future could come to the past because their would be a working bridge inbetween.

Think about it like this,you live in a village surrounded by mountains,you only know everything in your village,and nothing exists beyond the mountains.but if you go over the mountains and everything exists,then you know you can go over them,and others can come to your village aswell.
    What if you didn't know?

Then your logic is flawed. What if I didn't know I can go over those mountains and what if people didn't know they can as well?

Time travel is impossible simply because time is always moving forward. Down to the last millisecond, time is moving. You can't slow or change time because of that factor.

Thanks
    According all the theories out there, it maybe possible to go into the future, but not the past. So if someone does invent a time-machine in the future, they will not be able to travel back to our time to tell us about it.

EDIT
    It maybe possible to go into the past actually. To go to the future, you need to travel at the speed of light. So the faster you go, the slower time gets. And when you reach the speed of light, time basically stops going forward for you, it halts, zero, nil. So what if you went faster than the speed of light (which impossible I think even theoretically)? Will time start going in a negative direction? Will you start going to the past?
    Last edited by amarshonarbangla01; 09-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    @amarshonarbangla01

We can never even reach the speed of light and if we were too reach it, theoretically we would be crushed and compressed into nothing due to the infinite amounts of energy and mass. If we can't even accelerate particles at 100% speed of light in our particle accelerators, then there is no chance we will. Now the method you described is theoretically possible the faster you go or if you're next to a massive gravitational field. It's referred to as suspended animation. There is no efficient way to time travel

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    I discovered how to travel back in time. See the time at the bottom left of your screen? Click it, set date to some random day back then. Congratulations you are now in space and you discovered how to travel back in time with no teim masheeen. Repeat step ????? and sell idea for infinite moniez and profit!
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleuserconten*****m/-wiKowFX8-aM/Tvca-auiOII/AAAAAAAAAAw/URKC4FuXzIg/s450/transformation4.gif[/IMG]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Das Face For This Useful Post:

SupremeJr' (09-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Theoretically speaking, we are ALL "time traveling." This is because we are moving forwards in time every second of every minute of every hour of every day. Time travel is inevitable from when you are born. You cannot escape it and you cannot prevent it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    totally incorrect.
    definition of time travel
    Time travel is the concept of moving between different points in time in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space, either sending objects (or in some cases just information) backwards in time to some moment before the present, or sending objects forward from the present to the future without the need to experience the intervening period (at least not at the normal rate).
    basically..
    so far inestine states that we cannot travel faster than the speed of light(currently fastest thing we know of) 299,792,458 metres per second.if we were to travel faster than this a second would not be a second.an hour would not be an hour (due to a second bieng a specific amount of time obviously traveling faster than a second will slow down time for the for you not the observers) , therefore we could "slow down time" for the person traveling faster than the speed of light
    A phenomenon called time dilation is the key here. Time passes more slowly the closer you approach the speed of light - an unbreakable speed limit. As such, the hands of a clock in a speeding train would move more slowly than those in a stationary clock. The difference would not be humanly noticeable, but when the train pulled back into the station, the two clocks would be off by billionths of a second. If such a train could attain 99.999 percent light speed, only 1 year would pass onboard for every 223 years back at the train station.
    Last edited by xX$uR_vEiLlAnCeXx; 09-07-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicow View Post
    I know someone else made a thread about time travel but I just wanted to post my theory of why I think it won't exist. So, if there was a time machine in the future, wouldn't someone have come back and atleast told us about it? Cuz if there IS a time machine in the future I would sure as hell tell myself from the past about it .
    /discuss?
    Why dont we people know about time machines yet?
    Possible answers:

Future laws.
    Paradoxes.
    Every timeline is in a different universe which splits from the original one, which should be this one.
    War.
    Economy.
    Politics.
    Short travel distances.

etc.. etc..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast