Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Lightbulb Natiko's Debate of the Week (25/07-31/07): Marijuana

DEBATE OF THE WEEK (25/07-31/07): MARIJUANA

So, I'm starting this thing. I see useless debate topics being posted (no offense, though, for as Voltaire said: I do not agree at all with what you say, but I should fight to death for you to be able to say it.), hence this will be the first Debate of the Week by moi, Natiko. Now, the debate topic for this week is Marijuana: Legal or Ilegal?

Please leave your comments on the reply section, and fill them with proper arguments/evidence. And no, I will not post my opinion in the opening post, but rather post it as the debate develops.

Next week debate topic: Cigarettes: Should they be banned?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Legalized, but it should be also controlled. The reason why there is a lot of stigma behind the use of it is because of the illegal aspect. People automatically assume that they obtained it from a shady secret drug ring. People don't give two flips about smoking because its legalized and controlled.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Gangs are in control of weed here, and Police spend half of thier time dealing with it. If it were legal, the Police could spend their time on other things, and Gangs would lose control. Who would buy 'underground' weed when you could buy it from a shop.

On the other hand, it would become common and we would be a nation of stoners.

-It's a difficult one..
    Previously Armalite42

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Illegal, drug cartels make a huge amount of money off of weed alone so I doubt they will just walk away from all of that money. Violence would increase, pot shops would be shot up and employees killed. Plus I think there is more cons to smoking weed then pros.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Illegal. Believe me if it come legal. governement will take the control and it will be quite more expensive than what it is. even if there is pusher...that would be a bad thing for me if weed comes legal! even tho in Canada its almost legal...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Illegal, drug cartels make a huge amount of money off of weed alone so I doubt they will just walk away from all of that money. Violence would increase, pot shops would be shot up and employees killed. Plus I think there is more cons to smoking weed then pros.
    Drug Cartels make minimal amounts off of weed. The market value per gram is a pittance compared to other illicit drugs such as heroine. If the government were to legalize it, supply would shoot through the roof and weed would no longer become a black market item, so they no longer have a reason to sell it. As for violence, that is debatable, a lot of shops get shot up for drug money in the first place. Also there are cons to smoking cigarettes and no pros, yet they are legal. Marijuana has medicinal properties and has less harmful effects than cigarettes. Also legalizing marijuana would also stop the demand for imitation drugs which have been proven to be more harmful than organic marijuana.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-26-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Some parts of Europe have it legal. There crime rate is significantly less.

To be honest pot is a recreational drug at best, it has no addictive properties and doesn't damage your system anywhere near as bad as smoking or heroine.

It's a shame cigs are legal when pot isn't. Cigs are very bad for you, addictive, and caused millions of deaths. Pot isn't bad nor addictive, and has caused no deaths from pot itself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Illegal
    A stoned country won't know what to do because drugs fucks up the neurotransmitters
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Legal. Pot will do much less harm than cigarretes to your body. And if cigarretes are legal, and alcohol is legal, why not pot? From a rather philosophical and ethical point of view, should we not be free to choose our own consumptions? Marijuana barely harms you, and it's rather strange that you will hurt someone else. And it's not like fi the prohibition of Marijuana would lower its consumption (no proof of it, still) - there are some theories that suggest it might increase its consumption (psychological 'people want what they can't have' shit).
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Stay Illegalized, stupid people misuse the purpose of marijuana

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    Gangs are in control of weed here, and Police spend half of thier time dealing with it. If it were legal, the Police could spend their time on other things, and Gangs would lose control. Who would buy 'underground' weed when you could buy it from a shop.

On the other hand, it would become common and we would be a nation of stoners.

-It's a difficult one..

Honestly. It seems you have no idea what you're talking about. Gangs don't smuggle weed. They smuggler cold, hard, and heavy drugs like Meth. You can get weed from high school kids for fuck's sake. Gangs don't do that amateur shit.

Weed should be legal. Cigarettes should be banned, and so should Alcohol. Both of them ruin so much shit. Alcohol ruins families, and cigarettes causes heart cancer. Then again, anything these days cause cancer. But true statement is true, cigarettes are disgusting. The WORST thing Marijuana can do is cause smoker's cough. There have not been any reported deaths from the use of PURE marijuana. Legalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Izaya View Post
    Stay Illegalized, stupid people misuse the purpose of marijuana
    What the hell do you mean by "misuse"?
    Last edited by Kim Kardashian; 07-26-2011 at 06:40 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim Kardashian For This Useful Post:

Scene King (07-27-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Marijuana: Legal or Ilegal?
    Legal, as being a 'Pot Smoker' for almost a year. It has not affected me in anyway. If anything I think more often, realize what's going on around me more easily, and I have more fun. In the first place, it does not affect your brain cells in a harmful way. It only freezes them for the moment (Leaving you to have slower thought process than normal, and your reaction time to be slower.) but when the high is gone, that is your brain cells unfreezing, causing your thought process to go back to normal, and your reaction time to return to normal. Being a 'Pot Smoker' for almost a year I have noticed damage to my body (But I also smoke cigarettes so that my be the cause of the damage to my body.) But other than that, I have found no significant damage done to my Brain.
    Therefor Marijuana should be Legal.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Kardashian View Post
    Honestly. It seems you have no idea what you're talking about. Gangs don't smuggle weed. They smuggler cold, hard, and heavy drugs like Meth. You can get weed from high school kids for fuck's sake. Gangs don't do that amateur shit.

Weed should be legal. Cigarettes should be banned, and so should Alcohol. Both of them ruin so much shit. Alcohol ruins families, and cigarettes causes heart cancer. Then again, anything these days cause cancer. But true statement is true, cigarettes are disgusting. The WORST thing Marijuana can do is cause smoker's cough. There have not been any reported deaths from the use of PURE marijuana. Legalize.

Do you realize what happened during prohibition? It is better for alcohol to be legal. Gangs will take over alcohol much like gangsters did during prohibition. That was way more chaotic than anything today.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Kardashian View Post

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Marijuana is one of the most trafficked substance other than Cocaine and Heroine.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Illegal, fuck crackheads. fucking bitches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast