Thread: Lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

Lol.

Our (Australia's) amazing next-generation National Broadband Network (NBN)... was hacked. by a truckie. well, a service provider was, but our media is going crazy stupid and saying that the entire network was under threat. anyway, its funny.

'Evil' Australian hacker faces 49 charges
    (AFP) – 7 hours ago

SYDNEY — A man who used the online nickname "Evil" has been charged with hacking attacks that police Wednesday alleged could have caused considerable damage to Australia?s national infrastructure.

The 25-year-old unemployed truck driver, who had been unable to find a job in information technology, faces 49 charges after a six-month investigation into his online activities.

They include hacking into the systems of Platform Networks, one of the 13 service providers for the National Broadband Network (NBN), the largest infrastructure project in Australia's history.

Potentially, customers could have lost their services, depending on the security back-up they had in place.

"While Platform Networks had strong cyber security measures in place, even the best security systems are only as strong as the weakest link," said Neil Gaughan, the federal police's High Tech Crime Operations manager.

"It only takes one user with a weak password to put an entire network at risk." [some random insider had his password as "123456"?]

Police allege the man spent up to 20 hours a day on his home computer as he worked on the attack, motivated by ego after failing to secure a job in the IT sector.

"The Australian Federal Police will allege in court that this person acted with an extreme and unusual level of malice and with no regard to the damage caused, indiscriminately targeting both individuals and companies," said Gaughan.

He is due to appear in court Wednesday charged with one count of unauthorised modification of data to cause impairment, and 48 counts of unauthorised access to, or modification of restricted data.

The first charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years' jail while the second count carries a maximum sentence of two years.
    More info: Service providers defend security amid hack - ABC Newcastle NSW - Australian Broadcasting Corporation
    Last edited by freedompeace; 07-27-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Yeah, I heard about this on the news this morning. Funny how an unemployed truck driver could do something like this.
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.7.3
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]

Thanks
    Heard on the news aswell, I lol'ed

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Welcome to our shithole dumbass country