Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    This isn't nearly as convoluted as you're wording it. You're essentially describing Pantheism, or as Richard Dawkins put it, "sexed-up atheism".

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm a follower of Jesus, and he is the one who said that we can't think like they did 2000 years and earlier before his time. Arguing from the old testament only, is like reading half a book and say that you read it all.
    Sounds to me like you're a cafeteria Christian, and it seems like a dissonance on your part to get so headstrong about your convictions when you're essentially admitting to plugging your ears when it comes to half your doctrine. You can very well follow your own bastardized version of Christianity, but speaking of it with such pomp and hubris is borderline comical.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    God being everything........idk what to say.

The force is weak with this one?

I mean thats not really a view, its dilluting a view to the point that it doesn't matter.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Now I am neither theist, nor atheist. Though if you were to title me, I'd most likely fall under the latter.
    Sound like an agnostic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    This isn't nearly as convoluted as you're wording it. You're essentially describing Pantheism, or as Richard Dawkins put it, "sexed-up atheism".

Sounds to me like you're a cafeteria Christian, and it seems like a dissonance on your part to get so headstrong about your convictions when you're essentially admitting to plugging your ears when it comes to half your doctrine. You can very well follow your own bastardized version of Christianity, but speaking of it with such pomp and hubris is borderline comical.
    And what knowledge do you have to say that I'm wrong?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    And what knowledge do you have to say that I'm wrong?
    What knowledge do you have to say your right? And the Bible is an invalid point, as it was written by man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    What knowledge do you have to say your right? And the Bible is an invalid point, as it was written by man.
    Dude, I believe in the Bible. What else are Christians supposed to believe in?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Dude, I believe in the Bible. What else are Christians supposed to believe in?
    Exactly. That just shows how close minded you are.
    Last edited by ben2134; 08-04-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Exactly. That just shows how close minded you are.
    So you're saying that if I want to be a real Christian I'm not supposed to believe in the Bible?

If it wasn't for the Bible, no one in our time period would ever had heard of Christianity. The Bible is the reason people believe in the Christian God.
    Last edited by Locke; 08-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    So you're saying that if I want to be a real Christian I'm not supposed to believe in the Bible?

If it wasn't for the Bible, no one in our time period would ever had heard of Christianity. The Bible is the reason people believe in the Christian God.
    No, I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in the Bible, I'm saying your so close minded you won't take into account anything else.
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No, I'm not saying you shouldn't believe in the Bible, I'm saying your so close minded you won't take into account anything else.
    Too fast there, homeboy. How do you reckon he will not take into account anything else? Has he yet flamed or raged against someone posting his opinions? Has he yet said 'No, I will not believe what you say. Shut the fuck up.' or anything of that sort? Then be not too eager to judge people before you even get to understand them. That's the error most people do, and that's what differentiates the wise from the fool.

Now, back to the topic. God as everything? Then God would be bad things too? Hence, God would be AIDS, Cancer, 9/11, acts of rape, acts of murder, etc.? You should try to be more specific about what you mean with everything. If God was to be everything, then he would not be all-good, would he?

Well, it's no surprise there is no historical facts about Jesus. He wasn't famous between Romans, and there aren't even historical records of EVERY roman, is there? This was 2000 years ago. Had Jesus actually been as humble as the Bible says he is, then I wouldn't be shocked by the fact that he didn't pretend to be famous.

The Bible written by men? Obviously? Yet there is no other way to know what Jesus did, so if we are to believe in Jesus and Christianity, how come we not believe in the Bible? In what are we supposed to base our believe in God, without a word about him?

Now, let me ask you this. Why is it that people do not believe in the Greek/Roman gods nowadays? There were writings and scriptures of their existence (The Iliad, for example) and doings. Nonetheless, did they ever do anything? Any miracle? Then why would people start believing in Jesus but not in the Greek/Roman gods? Because Jesus did actually do miracles. And at the time, there were actually people in Jerusalem who had witnessed his miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by chrossfire View Post
    Ideas of Right and Wrong, whats True and Whats a Lie has been skewed over time. There's really no possible way to know who is right and who is wrong. There are holes in both sides' stories. But what really scares me is that people Actually believe the Universe was an Accident, or that people Truly believe Aliens created us as a hybrid workforce for their dying planet.

To be honest, at such a young age, It's really hard for me to understand it all because the adult populous keeps on screwing shit up.
    I don't really care at this point, All i know is that I'm afraid of the Unknown, and no one in this world is working to reassure me that We're NOT hopelessly screwed no matter what the T.V shows. It seems Humanity has given up on itself. It's sad really that a 16 year old can see that no one cares but the Leader of the Free world can't.

But, I'll continue to read books and stories about characters and their adventures, getting lost in my Imagination, until the day comes and I can stop being a talker, a become a doer, and start doing something about it.

Take shelter in reading, in the fine arts. Only then you will be sure that your soul or your mind (depending on your believe, of course) is not corrupted by the spite of this society. Young minds are the most likely to realize what adults do wrong, contrary to popular belief.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    You keep saying that, but you won't say what you're actually talking about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"]
    Now, back to the topic. God as everything? Then God would be bad things too? Hence, God would be AIDS, Cancer, 9/11, acts of rape, acts of murder, etc.? You should try to be more specific about what you mean with everything. If God was to be everything, then he would not be all-good, would he?
    Indeed, God is everything, including bad things, but we use another word to describe him, Devil. I don't seem to think of the devil as a separate being or entity or whatever the hell you want to call it, but indeed is another word for all the bad things God is part of. Anything that has gone wrong is do to the Devil right? Isn't that what Christians are led to believe? I believe God to be the word for everything that is right in the world, and that's why people praise it/him/her. While the Devil is the word for everything is wrong in the world, and that's why people despise it/him/her.
    Newest Piece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12