Thanks
    Greetings everyone. I checked on a search to see if there was a thread up on this yet.. but I saw none. There is this new private server for Dragons Nest (I think the first ever) and it just went up a few hours ago. Here is the info that I take NO CREDIT for doing. Enjoy.

The first Dragon Nest server ever is here. The server uses older files without the new skill system and no heraldry or circus. The server is Japanese hosted with majority of players being Chinese.

I do not own this server or am a GM here. I am a player sharing the information with you all. I first found out about it/posted guide in Server Help section.

*Some times server bugs up and you either can't leave town or log onto new characters. Admin fixes it often. Shouldn't be too much of a reoccuring issue.*

Here is a guide with info on how to connect including English patch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to Google Translate. Start downloading DNLauncher and dragonnest.rar aka 'Download'.

2. Register at Google Translate.

3. Extract dragonnest.rar into a folder - wherever you'd like.

4. Move the DNLauncher.exe you downloaded into your Dragon Nest folder and replace over the old.

5. Use DNLauncher.exe to start client up. Client will start instantly and load up.

English Patch:

Use the latest v. 1.67 Chinese Translation Patch for the server.

English Patch Download: ***********.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Instructions:

1. Open the rar file after finishing downloading it.

2. Extract the folder inside to wherever you'd like. I recommend your Dragon Nest folder.

3. Open the folder you just extracted and copy/paste all of the pak files into your Dragon Nest main folder.

You now have fully translated your client.

*PATCH BUGS:*

More quests show up than possible. If you try to do them then it will just close out of NPC chat.

Some quests can't be turned in until you take the English patch out.

Some stuff isn't translated yet, and most of it doesn't make a ton of sense. - This is fine, and may be fixed later on.

Some NPC actions such as trading with Blacksmith don't work with patch on.

*SERVER BUGS/ISSUES:*

Fatigue is used. I'm not sure if this is a bug or it is meant to happen. The site says no Fatigue is used though.

PVP is at LV 20+ instead of 10+.

Server is older version as I just mentioned, so the old skill system and others aren't in yet.

Server commands popping up some times as you do things such as ObjID and what not.

Few missing strings which isn't English patches fault, but the main admin because he forgot to put in some strings. They show up as M:######.

No NPC Liking System.

Rates:

EXP: 10X
    Drop: 10X?
    Fatigue System: 700 Daily and 1000 Weekly Fatigue
    Fatigue Reset Time: 11:00 AM (GMT-7)
    Lives per Day: 5
    VIP?: No VIP!
    LV 15 Costume Set: Permanent! - (That's right. The normally 7 or 30 day costume you get from Irene after changing Class is permanent here. ^^)
    Level Cap: 100!! You can progress past 40 and reach cap of 100!

I get money very easily and the Job Change quest got me from 50% into 15 to 50% into 17. (45,000 EXP and 5 Gold)

Enjoy!~ Until Redemption DN is up.

English Guild: Resistance ran by 頭に置 which is myself. Copy/paste my name if you want to chat.

*NOTE: English patch is tad buggy. Some quests can't be finished with English patch on so you will need to take it off to turn in and put it back on. The same goes for acquiring some quests.

English patch translates everything. If any of you are familiar with the English patch then you would know majority of translations are machine made.

Other bugs with English patch include:

Not being able to craft/trade/repair/upgrade with Blacksmiths - Major*

More quests show up than should show. Some quests that aren't there will show as well.

Enjoy!

There is no link back.. It's not my private server.. Don't lock it though.. It's a foreign server and being shared so the community can grow. Please don't jeopardize that.
    Credits: nothingforu & Dragon Nest VN

Also a side note, some of his info here is out of date and as such ignore some of the missing things/bugs. Not to say there isn't any, but it just came back from 3-4 months of development.
    Last edited by Khyy; 08-02-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    A few hours ago? LOL.

this server has been opened for about two months.
    It only recently went offline due to issues and bugs ingame.

I'm not sure if it's even really online anymore, and still shut down..
    [IMG]https://i53.photobucke*****m/albums/g58/dark9011/Signatures-Avatars/23123.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    I was reading another thread on 2 other sites. Mere hours ago they were posting (and still now) that it is yet again up.

Go try for yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Hhm, well if it is up, that'd be a miracle.

Last time it was online there was this major rollback and epic bugs everywhere.
    even being able to 1hit and boss with a bugged cleric skill.

hopefully the lazy admin fixed it.
    [IMG]https://i53.photobucke*****m/albums/g58/dark9011/Signatures-Avatars/23123.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    Ouch.. that sounds lame. I am about to try it myself, along with a different english patch. Were you using one? As I hear the one provided is REALLY bugged and has a lot of issues causing a hand full of the bugs (not to say that this is bug-free).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Entire server was bugged, not just me. english patch or not - that wasn't the cause to the bugs.

Thanks
    I see... well its a step in the right direction as far as I see it. This is how WoW private servers started (I recall being on some of the starting emulators being used on servers) and it was just horrid.

Hell I remember when you couldn't even use most skills or even enchant goods. Maybe this will provoke more experienced server owners and developers to come along with better work..? Who know's..

Added a screenshot to show I was able to log in and all.
    Last edited by Khyy; 08-02-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    It went down again rofl:/
    anyway we have an english guild up, if you want an invite, go to
    QuakeNet Web IRC (qwebirc)
    assuming it does go up again, lol:3

Thanks
    This guy is consistently taking it down... I don't know why as it wasn't even buggy for me yesterday.

Man I hope his crap gets leaked or released so we can get some better servers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Khyy For This Useful Post:

XxKotaxX (08-04-2011)

Thanks
    has anyone gotten cheat engine to do anything fun aside from the built in speed?

reason im asking is cause i used to use it for no cooldown and aoe on a different game and im interested in doing it on this one as well.

anyway im going back to trying to find out how to do that the old way, if anyone has some suggestions id be grateful

Thanks
    Cheat Engine has yet to do anything really towards this game. I was able to edit my combo points too 10000000 during the entire game and at the end, the server I guess kept track. It then turned to 30,000.

The speed hack works.. but with the lag from fighting being in another country I was just ghosting around.

Thanks
    where can i find the link for downloading this??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by neon017 View Post
    where can i find the link for downloading this??
    the servers dead, and now the owner is just hogging the server files. i dont think we will see another pserver appearing anytime soon.
    Dragon Nest NA
    IGN: kentobento
    Server: Argenta
    Level: 40
    Class: Swordsman
    Guild: Legit