Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    legally owned guns?

Thanks
    Probably the DNR guy is just a bitch who wants to look good at work that he caught you guys. Of course being unaware of something isn't a way out, it's like saying you didn't know the law existed, but you broke it anyways. Same case I believe, but for it to be temporarily closed down? that's just utterly stupid, and there should be more signs and notices.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    What sucks is that you went shooting on the week where its private property, out of all the weeks in a year, this week.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So today, 3 friends and I decided to go to a publicly owned forest about 15 minutes away from where I live to do some shooting. We had a bunch of old stuff, mainly shitty PC monitors from the 90's, etc. We had two 12 guages and two 410's, one of the 12's was pump action and the other was a semi-auto. This was my friend's usual shooting place, he's gone there for a few years now with no trouble, he's talked to cops while down there, he's got all his licenses and permits to carry and use the stuff, people shoot down there all the time, so we set off.

We get there, load up, teach a friend of ours how to shoot, and then had some fun throwing discs into the air. After about 15 minutes, a cop shows up and asks us what we're doing. We tell him, everything's fine, he calls to report in what we were doing. He was a nice guy, and he was planning on making sure we were allowed to be out there so he wouldn't have to make us leave, except apparently the Department of Natural Resources had a different view of it. Every year, for one week, they shut the forest down to everyone. They don't do anything with it, they just shut it down, and they put a sign up on the road. We didn't see the sign, but more on that later. Some DNR guy comes down to talk to us, runs the serials of the guns, calls his boss, and tells us to wait by the truck. We wait for a whole hour and a half for this guy to get there, and we still have no idea what's going on. Finally his boss gets there, talks to the cop and the lower DNR guy for a few minutes, then calls us over.

Basically, we were trespassing on "temporarily private property", on a closed road (which was fine before, because everyone shoots on it), with weapons. And DNR is thinking of pressing charges. He told us it was a different ball game to them because we can all be tried as adults. He made us pick up all of the broken pieces of the discs, all the shells, and give us our SSN's and phone numbers to give so an officer. We're all supposed to expect calls from this officer, and we can either get warnings, tickets, or be taken all the way to court.

I really think they're making a big deal out of this, and I'm pretty sure he was messing with us to some degree, but it wasn't funny. Something like that could lose all of us our jobs, not to mention eligibility for state-paid scholarships.

This is what we get for trying to spend time with some friends before they move off to college in a couple weeks.

tl;dr - I was shooting with some friends on land that has always been open when we've gone before, turns out it was closed at random, and now we might have charges pressed on us.

inb4youreadumbredneck. Shooting guns != redneck.

Intelligent people /discuss.
    sounds like fun. other night we couldn't find any coons to shoot so we just started shooting random things. ended up killing something we shouldn't have. no it wasn't a farm animal nor was it a pet. a bird. not an eagle tho.

Thanks
    @Ryan Isn't it awesome how THE week you go out there is THE week it "shut down"?
    Shit's just stupid.

Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    @Ryan Any good lawyer will get it dropped. I know a lawyer that gets shit like this dropped all the time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Were you guys under 18 or not.If you are under 18 then anything you said will hold up in court because you questioned without a legal guardian present.If you are 18 then anything you have said so far can be used against you.But your best option from hear on out is to plead the fifth amendment.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
    My Mods
    Roulette WheelX
    No Smoke ModX
    Clear Infected ScreenX
    Colorful SmokeX
    Anywhere Bomb Defuse ModX
    Colored Knife Crosshair ModX

Thanks
    Too lazy to read .p

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
    @Ryan Any good lawyer will get it dropped. I know a lawyer that gets shit like this dropped all the time.
    My friend's dad deals with teenage cases like this all the time and would probably help me if I asked, but after thinking about it, I don't think it will get that serious. It might, but I doubt it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Update: Charges were dropped. The second DNR guy was the regional supervisor and got us out of fines for criminal trespassing. Phew..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Update: Charges were dropped. The second DNR guy was the regional supervisor and got us out of fines for criminal trespassing. Phew..
    Haha nice. Congrats bro

Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123