Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ok, so I have the Afterglow Xbox 360 controller and I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I have used this controller since day 1 of starting vindictus and it's never gave me any problems. Now when I try to play Vindictus it doesn't do anything using the controller. I have tried going into options and changing the setup and nothing has worked. I can still use all keyboard keys and everything else no problem.

I have tested the controller with 7 other programs (emulators, other MMO's, etc) and the controller works JUST FINE with every single program EXCEPT vindictus.

Did something change with the game files? Anyone else having an issue? Anyone that can offer suggestions I haven't thought of? I really love this controller and want to get it working again.

p.s. yes i've done a restart on the PC, on Vindictus, and checked the device manager and the drivers for the controller are there and updated. I've tried changing the control options in Vindictus and when I try to put an "input key" from the controller it doesn't pick it up and when I just select "Xbox controller" profile it doesn't work still.

UPDATE: strangely enough, if I go into the game without using an injector and running Danksole and God/OHK dlls then my controller works again. I just set it back up in the options and I am going to go back in with the hacks running and see if it works again... I'll edit this post with info.

SOLVED: I don't know how/why, but logging in without any hacks and setting the controller back up allows it to work again once you relog with the hacks... hope that helps anyone else that runs into this issue and looks for a solution.
    Last edited by Mad_Scientist; 08-20-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: SOLVED

My respect and gratitude to the following members for their contributions and frequently helping others:
    Hell_Demon, Sid, Dank, Pie, Doomsday.today, LordInferno

"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."
    ~Morpheus

“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”
    ~ Thomas Paine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
    Ok, so I have the Afterglow Xbox 360 controller and I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I have used this controller since day 1 of starting vindictus and it's never gave me any problems. Now when I try to play Vindictus it doesn't do anything using the controller. I have tried going into options and changing the setup and nothing has worked. I can still use all keyboard keys and everything else no problem.

I have tested the controller with 7 other programs (emulators, other MMO's, etc) and the controller works JUST FINE with every single program EXCEPT vindictus.

Did something change with the game files? Anyone else having an issue? Anyone that can offer suggestions I haven't thought of? I really love this controller and want to get it working again.

p.s. yes i've done a restart on the PC, on Vindictus, and checked the device manager and the drivers for the controller are there and updated. I've tried changing the control options in Vindictus and when I try to put an "input key" from the controller it doesn't pick it up and when I just select "Xbox controller" profile it doesn't work still.

UPDATE: strangely enough, if I go into the game without using an injector and running Danksole and God/OHK dlls then my controller works again. I just set it back up in the options and I am going to go back in with the hacks running and see if it works again... I'll edit this post with info.

SOLVED: I don't know how/why, but logging in without any hacks and setting the controller back up allows it to work again once you relog with the hacks... hope that helps anyone else that runs into this issue and looks for a solution.

Glad you got it to work..

But...

Update siggy, I'm no longer Nunya..
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    tried to delete the cfg file ?
    Firefox is nice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    tried to delete the cfg file ?
    hadn't thought to try that, good suggestion for anyone else that has this issue. For me loading the game with no hacks allowed me to activate the controller in the options again.

Once I activated the controller again I just relogged loading the hacks again and it worked. I don't what caused it lol.

p.s. Sig updated "Dank" lol

My respect and gratitude to the following members for their contributions and frequently helping others:
    Hell_Demon, Sid, Dank, Pie, Doomsday.today, LordInferno

"You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."
    ~Morpheus

“The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.”
    ~ Thomas Paine