Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Visual Assist X - Write Faster and Better C++ Code

Sup !

For last few months, I am using an extension for Visual Studio 2010 named Visual Assist X. It is a refactoring tool that increases automation, simplifies navigation and displays vital information as you write code. Visual Assist X boosts productivity with powerful editing features integrated into Visual Studio. It provides an excellent VB like auto-completion for native C++ projects [Well, not exactly like VB lol. No one can beat VB :/ ].

Here are some of the features Visual Assist X supports for C++ and .NET languages:

1: Type Code Faster.
    2: See what you type, before you type it, in the suggestion lists. Type just fragments of symbols using acronyms and shorthand. Keep typing or accept a suggestion to move faster. Define AutoText/Code Templates ahead of time and accept them just as easily. Type hungarian notation without pressing underscore.
    3: Correct Mistakes Automatically.
    4: Watch your IDE correct simple but costly mistakes as you make them. Upper and lower case is repaired as you type. Dot references are converted to -> automatically.
    5: Get Information Faster.
    6: Scan and comprehend code faster than ever. Watch the Hovering Class Browser inside the new VA View for detailed information on the current symbol. Get a quick shot of info by looking at small context and definition fields added to the source window. Bypass lists after F1 to retrieve online help more efficiently.
    7: Exploit Colors and Format.
    8: Take advantage of enhanced color and formatting options to decipher code quickly. Enhance syntax coloring provided by the IDE. Display local symbols in bold and stable symbols in italics. Highlight matching and mismatching braces as you type. Add a column indicator. Print in color. Put RTF in the clipboard.
    9: Simplify Search and Navigation.
    10: Search and navigate with ease. Skip similarly named symbols when you find by context. Find symbol definitions anywhere in your workspace. Goto the implementation of any symbol in your code. List methods in your file. Toggle between a header and cpp. Open from a list of files in your workspace. Bounce among active pieces of code using a most recently used list. Move scope and advance to the next method. Navigate back and forward.
    11: Spell check as you write code and see the familiar red underlining of applications such as Microsoft Word. Underline spelling errors in comments and strings for a professional touch. Underline mistyped symbols in code and avoid wasted builds. Additional dictionaries are available for more than 50 languages and dialects.
    12: Extend Basic Editing.
    13: Edit code quickly with simple but powerful editor enhancements. Automatically recover files after your IDE crashes. Surround selections with quotes, comment characters and #ifdefs. Get classic access to multiple clipboards. Sort lines of code. Save unnamed bookmarks.
    14: Configure Features to Your Style.
    15: Use an options dialog to make Visual Assist X match your coding style. Access many of the commands from a context menu. Assign shortcuts for fast access to your favorite commands. Enable and disable Visual Assist X if it gets in the way, or force it to reparse and get smarter.

The attachment contains a zip file that has 2 files in it.
    1: VA_X_Setup1830.exe
    2: Visual Assist X 10.6.1830 cracked by langman.exe

VA_X_Setup1830.exe is the main executable that installs the VA extension for Visual Studio 2008 and 2010.

Note: If you don't have Visual Studio, you can download it via BitTorrent from here:
    Microsoft.Visual.Studio.2010.Professional.x86-KOPiE (download torrent) - TPB

It is the ultimate version of Visual Studio and serial number is embedded in it. If not, get the serial number from the following thread:

Visual Studio Ultimate Key

After Visual Assist X has installed, run the Visual Assist X 10.6.1830 cracked by langman.exe file to crack the Visual Assist X installation. While cracking it modifies some registry values, so if you are using Windows Vista / 7, Windows might ask you to whether allow this program to modify the entries. If so, allow it. It's safe.

That's all. Now run Visual Studio and you will see a new item in the menu bar named "VAssistX". Control the extension from there whenever you want.

Visual Assist X in action [Quality is a bit crappy, but you'll get the feel]:

[highlight=vbnet]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g ZPvhLxF_o[/highlight]
    ^^ Remove the space.

Virus Scan [1 false positive]

Enjoy !!
    Last edited by Hassan; 08-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

BobFM (08-22-2011),conad (08-22-2011),Dank-X (08-22-2011),Ezdrifler (06-09-2015),idkmyname (05-20-2013),koekblik2 (09-16-2018),kommon (04-30-2012),[MPGH]master131 (08-22-2011),nothereforlong (11-22-2014),Ohcpin (09-10-2015),palladilardo (06-29-2014),ProgrammerPK (03-29-2015),Sceleratus (08-24-2011),username1010! (12-03-2018)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Thanks Hassan, handy tool. Don't think I'll be coding in C++ in the nearby future though. :3
    Donate:
    BTC: 1GEny3y5tsYfw8E8A45upK6PKVAEcUDNv9

Handy Tools/Hacks:
    Extreme Injector v3.7.3
    A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
    Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!

Minion Since: 13th January 2011
    Moderator Since: 6th May 2011
    Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012
    Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013
    'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013

--My Art--
    [Roxas - Pixel Art, WIP]
    [Natsu - Drawn]
    [Natsu - Coloured]

All drawings are coloured using Photoshop.

--Gifts--
    [Kyle]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    . I'll be sure to try this later

Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I <3 you.
    = Incomplete
    = Learning/trying
    = Completed
    = Owned and stomped!

Languages:

DOS/Batch

HTML/JavaScript

C++ - (But dedicated. ;D)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I will try it after download Visual Studio

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    I've had Visual Assist X (disabled) for a while, and I frankly find that it annoys me more thab it helps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
    I've had Visual Assist X (disabled) for a while, and I frankly find that it annoys me more thab it helps.
    Mhmm. Everybody has his own preferences. I personally find it very useful. Specially when I can write code without worrying about case sensitivity.

@master131: It has a fantastic support for C# along with all .NET languages except VB.NET. VB.NET is better left as it is by default. I originally installed it for C#, but found it really useful for C++ too.
    Last edited by Hassan; 08-22-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks, I'll use this just for the Va-Outline... Don't care much about the other features, but I like that..