Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Overpriced is overpriced.
    Thats why he chood build a custom PC. Not buy prebuilt ones. Thats why I bought a custom and not an alienware.
    What u can buy with 1200$... A beast PC!
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

Thats why he chood build a custom PC. Not buy prebuilt ones. Thats why I bought a custom and not an alienware.
    What u can buy with 1200$... A beast PC!
    I'm not stupid, I built a 2k gaming rig.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

I'm not stupid, I built a 2k gaming rig.
    Doesn't change the fact that your stupid .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Hmm, pc's are gay, get a ps3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    That is so overpriced...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Just sell yourself for gay buttsecks, that'll ghet yu sum mony.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by SouLess View Post
    Hmm, pc's are gay, get a ps3
    PS3's are unacceptable, get a PC.

I don't know who bumped this, but I'll give my input anyway.

It's a decent computer, but it is greatly overpriced. You might have money to spend, but that money is better spent on building your own or if you don't know how to do that, just ask us for parts, buy them, and take them to a friend or shop to build. For that kind of price, you can double the graphics capability, have a bigger hard drive, and buy better cooling so your hardware doesn't burn up like it does in some pre-built computers. It's been over a week so I hope you didn't buy it, because you're missing out on a great computer by purchasing this.

Look at the post ivan made, notice how that's $600. Now divide whatever the price of your "Erebus" was going to be, and that's how many times your computer will be better, more upgradeable, and be better at gaming if you built it.

That means even if you buy the cheapest Erebus available, you'll still at least get double the power and performance if you build your own, comparing prices.

Not to mention the DDR3 RAM market took a big hit, soon you'll be able to purchase 8 GB for about $10. Plus, you know that your custom computer won't die on you because you get to buy high quality parts, you don't have to rely on the aftermarket hardware, or hope that they tested your rig properly. You'll know your computer inside out if you build. Even if you have the money, you'll still get a better PC if you build.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-03-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You buy what you want... Performance and Speed...

Thanks
    iBUYPOWER has good computers but they tend to be over priced if you know how to build a computer your self you can have a really decent gaming computer for $600 like what iverson said, I built my own computer it cost $600 to build at the time and like $150 to upgrade to pure AWESOMENESS!
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    There is a rare pc called: Googleitdumbass

get that one

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

get that one
    OMG! I KNOW RIGHT! I g0t such an awsum cpU from der! Let me google that for you

After I eat breakfast, I'll be coming back to post a price comparison of every single part to show the OP if they didn't buy it yet.

EDIT: I'll start looking it up now, don't expect me to come back in an hour or two because I might need to go out too. I might leave this tab open though.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-03-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

get that one
    Trolling enough today, if you think PC's are dumb then leave the thread otherwise you are posting useless crap and that is against the rules so stay and talk about his PC or leave.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    So overpriced.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Well, here is my price comparison or the Erebus-E3 and how much the same computer costs if you build it yourself.

I am using the Erebus-E3 as an example from that series of desktops, I'm sure all the other versions have the same horrendous hardware to price ratio. ">.>

Intel Core i5-2500k Processor-New at Amazon for $190

Case 4x 120mm fans-I was lazy with this one, searched quick, but you can easily find one less than $100 with better fans. Plus, if you buy the fans yourself, that's even less at about $60

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard -New, at about $200. Not to mention this is a really good case, you can find one that does as well for your needs at less than $150.

AMD Radeon HD 6870-Low as $160 or less from separate retailers, and eBay sellers.

8 GB DDR3 RAM at 1600mhz-$70 or less, used but in mint condition.

1 TB SATA 6 Gb/s Hard Drive -$50, $90 with Free 2-day shipping and a 5 year warranty.

24X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive -<$20 from several retailers.

Standard 700 Watt Power Supply-A higher quality one can go for $70

You can buy a sound card better than their crappy onboard sound for less than $20

So, to sum it up, lets check out the prices.

"Erebus" E3= $2,000

Custom Built: About $840

Now I didn't include Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit. If you buy the retail version, that's $180 so the Erebus is still approximately double the price. But, you can also buy the OEM for less than $80, and still have all of the features. Or even better, you can get a pirated copy for $0! =D

But we also need cables to connect form the PSU and such. You can find incredibly high quality, safe, rigorously tested, and durable ones for $40 including shipping and spare extras.

Now with the money you would have spent on an Erebus, how can you improve with that budget?

Off the top of my head, without calculating exact prices, I can safely say you'll be able to get 2 Radeon HD 6970's in Crossfire mode, over a 24" LCD monitor, and a larger Power Supply instead. Plus you'll be able to get a top of the market mouse and keyboard combination. This means you have almost 3 times the graphical processing power from just card specs, but you also have a nice display and a keyboard/mouse combo. Furthermore, you should still probably have over a $100 lump in your pocket. Or a stripper party.

Now tell me what your logic is for buying that.

Anyway everyone, sorry if some things were flawed, I estimated stuff, did it quickly, but this is pretty much the result. You can build your own Erebus E3 for example, for less than half its price.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks
    Looks like a waste of money. You could build a better PC than that for lower price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast