Poll: Do you think people should go to hell for being homosexual?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

All monotheistic religions I can think of make it a point to hate on people that are different.
    ^^^ what he said

Thanks
    To the guy that posted a large majority of Old testament,
    God also said stealing is a sin, and a violation of the commandments.
    Yet Christ saved the soul of a thief on the cross with him.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 08-28-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    I'm bisexual, would it means I am 'safe' as the Bible only target homosexuals.

Just throwing something down to keep the debate interesting.
    As long as you don't sleep with other people with the same gender as you, I guess you're safe. Given that you marry the one(s) you have sex with first, and follow the Bible in every other way as well, of course.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    As long as you don't sleep with other people with the same gender as you, I guess you're safe. Given that you marry the one(s) you have sex with first, and follow the Bible in every other way as well, of course.
    I don't follow the Bible, I follow the more tolerance Torah.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Hmm I Dont Think You Will Go To Hell Man Why You Think Like This Lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus, 20:13.

If you truly believe in God, you follow the Bible. And then you can't be gay. That's hypocritical, and you wold probably end up in hell.
    Weren't you the one who said, and I quote:

"You're talking about the old testament, and not the whole bible. Jesus said in the new testament that a lot of the stuff in the old, is exactly what it is: Old, and outdated. I'm so tired of people only quoting stuff from the "Torah", the five books of Moses when they are arguing against christianity."

To put it in context for others, the verse you quoted is in the Old Testament, which according to you, isn't that important anyway because Jesus preached against it.

Like I said before, you're a Cafeteria Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFPACK X69X View Post
    HA what the fuck its your choice if you like dick or pussy.
    So the curiosity is killing me here; tell me about the time you tried dick and didn't like it (or contemplated playing the ol' skin flute), which made you like pussy instead. It was a choice for you after all, right?

@tdct
    I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but you posed two different questions.

On the OP, you asked, "do homosexuals go to hell?". However, in the poll you asked, "should homosexuals go to hell?". The latter implies a more subjective response and, in my opinion, not a very good idea to make a poll with such a loaded question.

Interpretations of Christian scripture are dime a dozen, so this will just boil down to semantics and how tolerant a believer is feeling that particular day. The Catholic denomination is generally one of the loosest interpreters of Biblical scripture so her answer would not have that much (if any) authority behind it anyway. I'm personally not answering the question because 1) I don't subscribe to such beliefs and 2) My response would serve no purpose other than comparing vocabularies with everyone else since you yourself aren't a believer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    @tdct
    I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but you posed two different questions.

On the OP, you asked, "do homosexuals go to hell?". However, in the poll you asked, "should homosexuals go to hell?". The latter implies a more subjective response and, in my opinion, not a very good idea to make a poll with such a loaded question.

Interpretations of Christian scripture are dime a dozen, so this will just boil down to semantics and how tolerant a believer is feeling that particular day. The Catholic denomination is generally one of the loosest interpreters of Biblical scripture so her answer would not have that much (if any) authority behind it anyway. I'm personally not answering the question because 1) I don't subscribe to such beliefs and 2) My response would serve no purpose other than comparing vocabularies with everyone else since you yourself aren't a believer.
    @Trophy Wife The, "should," was intentional, I pointed it out to empire a bit back. I was curious as to what you guys thought. If I could there would have been two polls. The other asking do you believe they will go to hell (assuming it exist). To me it was more important to see what people think is right. One argument for the existence of a god is the inert morals people supposedly have. If more people than not believe that homosexuals shouldn't go to hell, that must reflect on the ideals their god supposedly instilled in them. Thus acting as a counter argument to all of these biblical quotes, or to make it easier for others to understand a common argument for the existence of a god can be used as an argument against homosexuals going to hell (if you subscribe to that argument for god's existence).
    Last edited by tdct; 08-28-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post

@Trophy Wife The, "should," was intentional, I pointed it out to empire a bit back. I was curious as to what you guys thought. If I could there would have been two polls. The other asking do you believe they will go to hell (assuming it exist). To me it was more important to see what people think is right. One argument for the existence of a god is the inert morals people supposedly have. If more people than not believe that homosexuals shouldn't go to hell, that must reflect on the ideals their god supposedly instilled in them. Thus acting as a counter argument to all of these biblical quotes, or to make it easier for others to understand a common argument for the existence of a god can be used as an argument against homosexuals going to hell (if you subscribe to that argument for god's existence).
    I think the issue with doing this is that, as I said in my previous post, interpretations are a dime a dozen, so pointing out any inconsistencies will simply be rationalized away by the believer to suit their needs. A verse condemning homosexuality will result in people explaining how it wasn't meant for us, or it's no longer important, or it's out of context, or another equally apologetic excuse.

Thanks
    I think the issue with doing this is that, as I said in my previous post, interpretations are a dime a dozen, so pointing out any inconsistencies will simply be rationalized away by the believer to suit their needs. A verse condemning homosexuality will result in people explaining how it wasn't meant for us, or it's no longer important, or it's out of context, or another equally apologetic excuse.
    Yup.. pretty much.
    Yet the Bible claims that God is not the author of confusion.

I dunno, constant inconsistency is a bit on the confusing side to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well the thing is using the old testament for any argument on christianity is pointless.

The old testament portrays a very "angry" god, he gets upset at every little thing, he fucking harrasses his own prophets, and he fucks with people in so many ways...........

Meanwhile christianity is more "love one another"-ish compared to the OT's "do what he says or he will strike you down with lightning".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Locke (08-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    To put it in context for others, the verse you quoted is in the Old Testament, which according to you, isn't that important anyway because Jesus preached against it.
    It if will make you feel better, I can quote places in the new testament where they're saying the same thing about homosexuality.

Thanks
    It if will make you feel better, I can quote places in the new testament where they're saying the same thing about homosexuality.
    There is nothing in the New testament that says a homosexual will go to hell.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 08-29-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    There is nothing in the New testament that says you go to hell.
    Herp derp... Of course not.

Thanks
    Even if homosexuality was considered a sin, there are a lot of other things in the Bible that are considered to be sins as well. The reason people proclaim to be a Christian is because they acknowledge they've sinned and they need help in order to be a better person. Thus, all Christians are unrighteous people, because all Christians commit sins even if they don't commit homosexuality. So according to 1 Corinthians 6:8-10 the unrighteous can't enter heaven. We have a problem if indeed Christians are all unrighteous people and unrighteous people can't enter into heaven. That's where God's grace comes in. Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" - not by works, so that no one can boast. No Christian could ever be perfect or sinless, so God's grace makes up for what we lack.

Jesus was quoted as saying "Let he with no sin cast the first stone." Christians are sinners and because of this should never judge anybody based upon the lifestyle they lead, even if it the lifestyle is questionable. Who is to say one lifestyle is better than another one? Jesus hung out with the prostitutes, thieves, and other various outcasts because He loved them unconditionally even though He didn't agree with the lifestyles they may have chosen. He never told any of them that they were going to hell because of the sins they did. So why should we judge if someone is going to hell? The simple answer is that we shouldn't. Just as the thief on the cross next to Jesus didn't go to hell, neither will a homosexual go to hell.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 08-29-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Is that what you got from my post, that I didn't like Old Testament scripture, and not the fact that you were cherry-picking verses from a text you previously denounced? Practice what you preach.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast