Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Question Christianity vs. Atheism

Hi Christians, (and other religion followers),

I am an Atheist, or, I do not believe that God exists.
    Now there might be A Creator, I am not denying that, but if he really is there, we should only worship him if he tells us to. And, as long as he doesn't give me proof that he exists, I shall not worship something or someone who doesn't exist.

Anyway, to the point.

I have 4 major problems with Christianity.

1) Adam and Eve were the first 2 persons on Earth. When they got kicked out of the Paradise, they moved up to the next town, also, the Egyptians had a very large empire. How is that possible if Adam and Eve were supposed to be the first two?

2) The Rules - The original Bible was written in ancient Greek, the Bible got translated in at least 150 different translations, then, the Pope. Etc. just chose a book to follow. Most of what is in there is probably fiction and/or wrong translations!

3) The Church - Why do preachers keep misbehaving? Aren't they supposed to bring us the correct way of living? THE word of God? Why do they keep abusing Small Children? God says they may not love, so instead of women they rape small Children..? Also, Indulgence, or Aflaten in Dutch. You have to BUY a spot in heaven? This only feels like they needed a ton of money and ripped people off to me.

4) Dino's - Why are we finding proof of live that is WAY older than God invented life?

PLEASE, answer me. In the meantime, I'll get some popcorn ready, and see how this debate Will escelate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    1. Egyptians and adam/eve is a totally different time period according to the bible. Kinda surprising how you didn't mention any number of things wrong with adam/eve but ok.
    2. What the fuck are you talking about? The bible was originally written in hebrew. Translations were merely for the sake of new languages such as french, german, etc. Every translation stems from the original text anyway. They didn't just "choose" a book to follow, there has always just been the bible.
    3. Humans will always be humans. Just because some guy gets a religious education doesn't mean he's going to be different. Same shit with every religion really. Indulgences were a scam used by the catholics in the late medevil period, its non existent today.
    4. Well according to christianity I believe their answer is that they died in the flood or something. Though this is old testament.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Except #3 your entire points were towards the old testament, which is not what christianity is really about. They kind of accept the old testament but at the same time the whole being of christianity is in the new one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    1. Egyptians and adam/eve is a totally different time period according to the bible. Kinda surprising how you didn't mention any number of things wrong with adam/eve but ok.
    2. What the fuck are you talking about? The bible was originally written in hebrew. Translations were merely for the sake of new languages such as french, german, etc. Every translation stems from the original text anyway. They didn't just "choose" a book to follow, there has always just been the bible.
    3. Humans will always be humans. Just because some guy gets a religious education doesn't mean he's going to be different. Same shit with every religion really. Indulgences were a scam used by the catholics in the late medevil period, its non existent today.
    4. Well according to christianity I believe their answer is that they died in the flood or something. Though this is old testament.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Except #3 your entire points were towards the old testament, which is not what christianity is really about. They kind of accept the old testament but at the same time the whole being of christianity is in the new one.
    I must admit I made some mistakes, I'll correct these later this day.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The bible is the best fairy-tale for kids

Thanks
    I'm also an atheist. If there was a god, innocent children would not suffer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieBoyo View Post
    I'm also an atheist. If there was a god, innocent children would not suffer.
    Typical response from someone who can't fathom the possibility of higher deities. If you're going to argue against religion, as least sound intelligent doing so. Read Ethereal's and Empires posts, and you will understand what I mean.

Thanks
    Honestly, I believe in things that I can have proof of. Which is why I believe in science. They provide evidence on finds, and as such, i can judge for myself if they exist. To relate that to religion, if a god of some pantheon visits me, and by divine power, shows me his is real, then I can believe it and follow them.

Thanks
    We should all realize that the adam and eve story is not true, as in science, The human population would need a population of more than 2,600 or there would be a societal bottleneck that we could never get out of, and we'd never develop, be mentally handicapped hunter gatherers, and die off. Though your other points were fairly worthless. It was translated to latin (The form that the catholics use), It was never really lost in context when it was translated to the other 140 languages. The Catholic church does have its downsides when you think about all of the scandals that they have. And buying your way into heaven was the way that the church made money off of excommunicated members. While some christians do believe in creationism, many are changing ideals. I'm an atheist, but whatever.
    TRADES:0
    BUYS: 1
    SELLS: 0
    SCAMS: 0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Adam and Hawaaa(Eve) Was The 2 First Humans in The World

There was no Egyptians ( Iam Egyptian and i know from Quraan and From The History)