Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid

Learning programming

So I been trying to learn programming recently, and would like the input of some people who know what they're doing.

In regards to video game programming (which is what i'm doing) what programming language would you say is the most versatile? the most prevalent?

Also wondering, do hacks have to be written in the same programming language? or can they coded in a different language?
    whats the injector actually do?

and finally, would any of you happen to know any good tutorials, or forums that can help beginning programmers?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Check out the coding section of the forums. The best language for haxs would be C++ in my opinion.

Thanks
    Visual Basics is easier.

Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    Check out the coding section of the forums. The best language for haxs would be C++ in my opinion.
    oh damn, i didn't even notice that section. thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Less Than Three View Post
    Visual Basics is easier.
    C++ might be harder, but it is the best for creating haxs

Quote Originally Posted by GaretJax View Post
    oh damn, i didn't even notice that section. thanks.
    Yup np

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pie For This Useful Post:

silebah (09-04-2011)

Thanks
    Yeah i've been researching just a little on this subject, creating a script for something like a customized bot seems to be pretty easy using a high lvl language like Autoit.

However i'm a little lost, when it comes to creating something more low lvl using C/C++. Even if you know the language exactly where do you start learning? All i've read is that Vindictus is a client based p2p game and shouldn't too difficult to hack if you learn the free SDK tools from the HL2 source engine.

An idea of the steps to get there would help, and what tools you need. ie: HL2 SDK, Visual C#, modules, libraries, diasssembly program, debugger etc..
    Last edited by angrybuddha; 08-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybuddha View Post
    Yeah i've been researching just a little on this subject, creating a script for something like a customized bot seems to be pretty easy using a high lvl language like Autoit.

However i'm a little lost, when it comes to creating something more low lvl using C/C++. Even if you know the language exactly where do you start learning? All i've read is that Vindictus is a client based p2p game and shouldn't too difficult to hack if you learn the free SDK tools from the HL2 source engine.

An idea of the steps to get there would help, and what tools you need. ie: HL2 SDK, Visual C#, modules, libraries, diasssembly program, debugger etc..
    Actually from what I've read in the programming section, if you take some time and learn what api's they use for directx and etc etc, you can learn how to make hacks FOR vindictus. As well as increase your knowledge of the language.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hacks and games can be written in a slew of languages, it just depends on what functions you want as to what language you use, obviously c++ is of the most versatile, while c#, c, visual basic, and others are the less advanced.
    C++ is the most common language for most games like vindictus, but there are games that are (obviously) even written in flash (worlds hardest game) or java (Minecraft.)
    It really depends on what you're trying to do.
    A hack for minecraft COULD be written in C++ (Although I haven't seen any for what reasons I'm unaware) but there are also ones that simplly "plugin" to the client, and use hotkeys to perform functions that are / not already in the game.
    If you truly want to learn c++ look at books such as Beginners guide to Gaming C++, or other introductory books.
    Albeit C++ is an incredibly advanced language in terms of what it can do, it's still a program, and as such has to be done in a certain way, which doesn't require that much of an advanced knowledge even from the start. The most common practice in any beginners C++ guide is the "hello world" console that utilizes the cout function.
    I would say to start with gaming C++ if it's gaming that you're going to focus on, then once you have that down (take your time, this isn't something you can learn in a month.) then move on to the less necessary functions that you won't use as often when working with gaming.
    Good luck, and yes, definitely hit up the programming section, you'll find a lot of information there, and other places such as cplusplus.com/
    Last edited by Dracconus; 09-04-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    Like my work? Feel free to donate using the button below

¤Advanced Search Tutorial (For Site Newbies)

¤Labyrinth Leveling Bot

¤Free Fishing Tutorial

¤Personal Bot Collection

¤ClipBoard Pasting Program Source Code (for things that don't let you)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dracconus For This Useful Post:

silebah (09-04-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by GaretJax View Post
    So I been trying to learn programming recently, and would like the input of some people who know what they're doing.

In regards to video game programming (which is what i'm doing) what programming language would you say is the most versatile? the most prevalent?

Also wondering, do hacks have to be written in the same programming language? or can they coded in a different language?
    whats the injector actually do?

and finally, would any of you happen to know any good tutorials, or forums that can help beginning programmers?

Sadly the fact that you made this topic hints you are already lacking some of the basic skills required for learning to program...

Self motivation- You should choose to learn a certain language because you researched on your own what it is capable of, and that it matches the type of stuff you, yourself, would like to do. Nobody can help you here. Furthermore you will likely want to learn more then one.. Which language to start with can never be agreed on, it's up to you to come up with your own opinion.

Resourcefulness- You need to have the skills to find the oodles of available information on any given language, then make sense of it, and then apply the knowledge, all on your own. Nobody can help you here- A tutorial which I understood well, might not not be so great for you.. Whereas one you understand well might be gibberish to me..

The lack of these skills can be overcome and acquired. So long as you posses the most important skill of a programmer.

Dedication- The will to learn and research and read and try and fail.. Over and over and over for hours and hours and hours...

In short. Do your own research, form your own opinions.. Decide which language you like, decide if you like books or tutorials. Then go out and find the information available in the format you like.. Then keep trying and trying and trying..

Once you've reached this point and have a basic understanding of the language you are learning and are at the point you are working on a project THEN it's a good time to ask for help from other people when you get stuck on things. AFTER trying to solve the issue yourself.

Good luck.
    PLAYING RIFT!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DanK For This Useful Post:

gd12 (09-13-2011)

Behind your computer screen, nomming your bytes!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post

Dedication- The will to learn and research and read and try and fail.. Over and over and over for hours and hours and hours...
    Quoted for truth.

@DanK
    I don't think it could be stated any better.

@GaretJax.
    Read DanK's post very carefully. That's about the best advice that I have ever seen for a beginner.

I can't count the number of screw-ups and programming glitches I have found, learned about, written wrong, and in general was plain ignorant of since even a couple months ago. And I freely admit my lack of skills to anyone who asks. You just have to have a specific mindset in order to not be discouraged, and work your way out of your own messes.

Important Information!
    Rules: #1 - #2 - #3
    Search Button - By Dracconus ---------------------- Useful Commands - By darkwar4ever
    Set-up Vindictus hacks - By crietenz ---------------- Tutorial for SinBotv2.3 - By badhomaks
    What commands do in town! - By Zaiakunokami ------ How to put default binds in SinBot - By Zaiakunokami

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Im taking computer science class at school learning DarkBASIC rofl. Easy atm but i hope it gets harder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxAttaxxx View Post
    Im taking computer science class at school learning DarkBASIC rofl. Easy atm but i hope it gets harder.
    Umm, dun try to hack with that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxAttaxxx View Post
    Is this like pre-introductory class or something.
    Last edited by angrybuddha; 09-07-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybuddha View Post
    Is this like pre-introductory class or something.
    yes it is

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Wow, thanks for all the advice.

@DanK i get what you're talking about, I was just wondering if there was any particular language that was better for hacking specifically. I already know some flash and have been working with C++. Definitely slow going, but its kinda fun to program, in a weird way...nice to actually have a challenge. Also seeing if there were any other quality resources that someone might list that I hadn't seen before. Some of the peeps around here really seem to know what they're doing. I appreciate both the honesty and input. Thanks.

Also, I'm still a little fuzzy on what the hacks are and how they work. Are they a program that modifies the files once injected, or do they just temporarily override the files already in place? And that leads me to, what does the injector do? Run the program, overwrite the prior files with your choice of hack, or some other ingenious function I'm overlooking?