Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Lightbulb [Fix] Patcher Update Issue [8/31/11]

Quote Originally Posted by By Holden901
    The patcher isn't creating a proper currentinfo.txt file. Simply open the currentinfo.txt file, see where it mentions the date? Change the day to '31' and it'll stop trying to update and launch the game.
    v-------LINK-------V
    Code:
    https://forum.nexon.net/Vindictus/forums/permalink/8195838/8195904/ShowThread.aspx#8195904
    --------------------------------------------
    Last edited by fungamesdownload; 08-31-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    This kinda seems similar to troll science in a way... but whatever
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleuserconten*****m/-wiKowFX8-aM/Tvca-auiOII/AAAAAAAAAAw/URKC4FuXzIg/s450/transformation4.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Y'know, I always wondered, if you change your patch version to like Christmas, you go back in time, but does that mean that you can like, do item creation again, 'cause technically that's a client sided command, but forces something off the server...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Another possible solution:

did not make

Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    Y'know, I always wondered, if you change your patch version to like Christmas, you go back in time, but does that mean that you can like, do item creation again, 'cause technically that's a client sided command, but forces something off the server...
    I only wish it could be true though... but never tried it
    [IMG]https://lh3.googleuserconten*****m/-wiKowFX8-aM/Tvca-auiOII/AAAAAAAAAAw/URKC4FuXzIg/s450/transformation4.gif[/IMG]

Behind your computer screen, nomming your bytes!
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    It's unlikely that the patch is still on their server for you to pull and download. However, you gave me an idea that I'm going to give a try later. Basically, your theory in reverse. Instead of making the new client old, make the old client new.

I have a friend who quit Vindictus in December. If I can get my hands on their unpatched client, I might be able to stick my CurrentInfo.txt file on top of it, and play without patching, assuming Nexon doesn't have some sort of file size verification checks in place.

If anyone knows of someone who hasn't touched a Vindictus client since the time of item hacking, have them compress it and upload it.

Important Information!
    Rules: #1 - #2 - #3
    Search Button - By Dracconus ---------------------- Useful Commands - By darkwar4ever
    Set-up Vindictus hacks - By crietenz ---------------- Tutorial for SinBotv2.3 - By badhomaks
    What commands do in town! - By Zaiakunokami ------ How to put default binds in SinBot - By Zaiakunokami

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiakunokami View Post
    It's unlikely that the patch is still on their server for you to pull and download. However, you gave me an idea that I'm going to give a try later. Basically, your theory in reverse. Instead of making the new client old, make the old client new.

I have a friend who quit Vindictus in December. If I can get my hands on their unpatched client, I might be able to stick my CurrentInfo.txt file on top of it, and play without patching, assuming Nexon doesn't have some sort of file size verification checks in place.

If anyone knows of someone who hasn't touched a Vindictus client since the time of item hacking, have them compress it and upload it.
    I was kinda just joking, but if you think about it, Nexon.. ._.

edit: Ah, well, I did manage to find an old client version from january, but unfortunately you're unable to connect to the server. I'll try to do some tweaking here and there to see if that's bypassable though.

edit edit: I thought that since server response was delayed probably meant that the IP or something was wrong, but I ran both clients under a sniffer and based on the pattern it was definitely 63.251.217.191 that both clients were connecting to... guess that's not it. Oh well..
    Last edited by darkwar4ever; 09-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.