Thread: Black Stain

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Post Black Stain

Shunned, pushed aside, overlooked, despair.
    So much immorality, so much hypocrisy, life is not fair.
    So many arguments, so many disappointments,
    Time and time again, hours lacking any true enchantments,
    The good times are gone, as soon as they never came,
    What is it with this world? This nightmarish disregard among men.
    No subtlety, no love for your peers, no empathy, no amen.
    Like animals let them run amok, disaster after disaster, ignore it all. Human brutality
    What is there to gain from responsibility? What is there to gain from morality?
    Is this how we’re supposed to live? “What is there to gain?“
    Ask that while we watch it all fall. Ask that & increase this black stain.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Can't help but notice the connection between this and another poem you wrote recently.

I really liked the metaphor of the black stain. Also, I feel like this is about 2 different things entirely as the opening seems to have a subtly different theme than the latter half. It's as if you began writing this with a narrowed focus and then broadened as your emotions poured out.

True?

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    Can't help but notice the connection between this and another poem you wrote recently.

I really liked the metaphor of the black stain. Also, I feel like this is about 2 different things entirely as the opening seems to have a subtly different theme than the latter half. It's as if you began writing this with a narrowed focus and then broadened as your emotions poured out.

True?
    Yes and no, Yes on the two different things, that I tied together, but went broad to narrow, The last part I used quotation marks for a reason, for the beginning is more of a wide view of the current generation's lack for moral instability or responsibility, Disregard for any emotions, and care more on what is there to gain from any given situation rather than just doing it, because it is the right thing to do.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I

Thanks
    @Liz

Where's your section?

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Yes and no, Yes on the two different things, that I tied together, but went broad to narrow, The last part I used quotation marks for a reason, for the beginning is more of a wide view of the current generation's lack for moral instability or responsibility, Disregard for any emotions, and care more on what is there to gain from any given situation rather than just doing it, because it is the right thing to do.
    Ahhh. Yeah, I understood the meaning behind it, which is why I commented on the ties between this and your other poem, "Tired...".
    Also, I completely agree. I even find myself having the same mentality in more than several occasions. It's depressing to see how things are these days in comparison to how they could be (ex. - circa-9/11, Katrina, and other disasters/catastrophes, that united us as not only a whole nation, but even created international bonds of mutual exchange and helping one another without any selfish goals in mind). It would really be something to have that kind of respect and love for each other all the time, though.

I enjoyed this one, but I'll be honest and say I'm still antsy for more

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    @Liz

Where's your section?
    Here, I had asked Dave to take my name off it. Kinda of random post.

I