Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Do servers check your XUID?

As the title says. Because if they don't wouldn't it be possible to patch some address and make it so that your client doesn't think you're banned. Also on a side note, does anyone know the address to where LSP error is stored?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Well, as you clearly don't know anything about what XUID is:

1. It's just a number representing the client.
    2. The servers ask the auth server if the client is banned from time to time.
    3. If you'd somehow manage to change your XUID ingame you'd use an unregisterd one and get booted out.
    4. Stop using cheat engine..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by aIW|Convery View Post
    Well, as you clearly don't know anything about what XUID is:

1. It's just a number representing the client.
    2. The servers ask the auth server if the client is banned from time to time.
    3. If you'd somehow manage to change your XUID ingame you'd use an unregisterd one and get booted out.
    4. Stop using cheat engine..
    1. I do know what XUIDs are.
    2. I'm not using Cheat Engine.

Thanks for the info.
    Also when you say ingame do you mean on a server or anytime while the game is open?
    Last edited by theguyrb; 09-18-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    There are actually several locations that store your XUID, which is actually the result of a hash function, and it is an array of 4 bytes represented in hex. One location stores what you see in the console when you open the game. Servers check your XUID when you first join the server, and then some other crap happens that I never bothered to check out, but basically my sniffer catches my XUID being sent to the server pretty often, periodically. Anyways, a constant holding your XUID is sent to the server every so often, and if you are banned, you get a steam auth error, instead of a "you're banned" error.

As for where the LSP error is stored, it's useless to know. If you're trying to unban yourself from that angle, I suggest you stop trying. Been there, done that.

As for changing your XUID ingame, that's changing your XUID after the game has started.

When I wrote this code, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, God only knows.
    I will give you two of my seventy-two virgins if you can fix the code mess below

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowx360 View Post
    There are actually several locations that store your XUID, which is actually the result of a hash function, and it is an array of 4 bytes represented in hex. One location stores what you see in the console when you open the game. Servers check your XUID when you first join the server, and then some other crap happens that I never bothered to check out, but basically my sniffer catches my XUID being sent to the server pretty often, periodically. Anyways, a constant holding your XUID is sent to the server every so often, and if you are banned, you get a steam auth error, instead of a "you're banned" error.

As for where the LSP error is stored, it's useless to know. If you're trying to unban yourself from that angle, I suggest you stop trying. Been there, done that.

As for changing your XUID ingame, that's changing your XUID after the game has started.
    Is it be possible to patch the generating function on start up so it generates a slightly different one?

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/uban.png
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    cheat engie xDDD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by theguyrb View Post
    Is it be possible to patch the generating function on start up so it generates a slightly different one?
    You need multiple patches.

When I wrote this code, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, God only knows.
    I will give you two of my seventy-two virgins if you can fix the code mess below

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I'd love to see how these 'less experienced' coders will handle the next major patch :3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by aIW|Convery View Post
    I'd love to see how these 'less experienced' coders will handle the next major patch :3
    Haha, bring it, lol. I just love it when you guys release a new anti-cheat measure, gives me a new challenge, and separates from the copy/paste coders from the real coders. And it also keeps the # of hackers down in the game so I always get #1 in the lobby, lol. Don't you just hate it when there's some hacker that's blatantly wallhacking you? I have every hack in the book, but still, I use them so sparingly that there are several server admins that would vouch on their life that I don't hack.
    Last edited by shadowx360; 09-20-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowx360 View Post
    Haha, bring it, lol. I just love it when you guys release a new anti-cheat measure, gives me a new challenge, and separates from the copy/paste coders from the real coders. And it also keeps the # of hackers down in the game so I always get #1 in the lobby, lol. Don't you just hate it when there's some hacker that's blatantly wallhacking you? I have every hack in the book, but still, I use them so sparingly that there are several server admins that would vouch on their life that I don't hack.
    Why in every post are you showing off that you have such an advanced knowledge in C++ ? No, that doesn't sound 1337

I think you are one of the people who can't even score a kill without cheats, thats why you create them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by humanix1 View Post
    Why in every post are you showing off that you have such an advanced knowledge in C++ ? No, that doesn't sound 1337

I think you are one of the people who can't even score a kill without cheats, thats why you create them
    I play better without wallhack as looking at boxes keeps the focus away from the game and gets me flanked

But making hacks is fun, that and just messing around with the game :3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aIW|Convery For This Useful Post:

hamed2011 (09-24-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by humanix1 View Post

It's just showing off if you're just stating plain facts. And no, I can get top of the lobby without any hacks, 90% of the time nowadays I play legit. Makes it more interesting. Besides, I don't even have the game anymore, but I am still developing my hack. Improving my hack is more fun than playing the game to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused
    I only play TDM and S&D game modes and i'm usually 1st. Right now im at the 5th prestige. It's fun to bypass the ACI but using hacks everytime you play is just not funny (at least for me).