Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

[SUGGESTION] General Forum Mod(?)

Note* Don't even bother thinking that I want this job, that is not what I'm implying AT ALL. (Trolls will troll)

I don't know if there is one already implemented but the General forum of MPGH is just a huge spamfest. (This is not including the Spam Section obviously >_>) Everyday I take a bit of my time to browse this forum and everyday 90% of the threads included are spam and it seems at times that even the mods tend to join in on the spamfest. Now don't go about suggesting to me "Just report the spam then noob" When in fact people have been banned for mass reporting before am I right? And since General forum is just spam in itself I can't be bothered to get myself banned as well Seeing as I got an infraction (which was reversed by Dave the only man with a sense of logic on this forum) for calling someone annoying.... then why is everyone getting away with the spam there? People are calling each other ******s left and right. Creating fake suicide threads just cause another user didn't <3 them back on an MSN chat, and using the General Forum as an alternate for Facebook. Seriously, go take 2 minutes out of your time and I guarantee you'll come up with 10 spam threads before you hit a legitimate one. The only conclusion I came up with is that there are no mods implemented in that section or they're clearly doing a half ass job at it. Or possibly there might be a "Super Mod" or whatever you call it here that is implemented to Mod several forums and is clearly paying zero attention to this one. So ya, just my two cents.

And if you disagree... then you clearly create spam threads in that section.
    You don't have the balls to de-rep me, pussy.

You have to speak the truth. You have to speak your mind.
    - Immortal Technique.

Thanks
    The General section is the colon of MPGH. It's where all the shit goes. Most of it isn't spam -- it's exactly what the section is made for; light discussion and generally "hanging out".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Global Moderators + are enough for the General section

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    There was one, now there is none. There'll never be another one.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    The General section is the colon of MPGH. It's where all the shit goes. Most of it isn't spam -- it's exactly what the section is made for; light discussion and generally "hanging out".
    Isn't shit and spam practically the same thing? Stupid pointless annoying messages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    Global Moderators + are enough for the General section
    I assumed G mods were supposed to take care of the General Section.... so the real question is... why aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by slag84311 View Post
    There was one, now there is none. There'll never be another one.
    What happened? I know I haven't been around long. Any reason as to why this is? Or is just cause G mods+ could handle it themselves?

- Immortal Technique.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspirith View Post
    Isn't shit and spam practically the same thing? Stupid pointless annoying messages?

I assumed G mods were supposed to take care of the General Section.... so the real question is... why aren't they?

What happened? I know I haven't been around long. Any reason as to why this is? Or is just cause G mods+ could handle it themselves?
    Do me a favor, just look into the General section, and look at the names of the threads. Do you see any that say "ihjsahduiaw" or anything like that? Not really, no. If you look at JUST the names of each thread, you will realize that the threads are just there to start a conversation piece. The general section is sort of like the "chill zone", where you can be who you are and do what you want as long as you don't go too far. It's fairly general.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

Blitz (09-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Do me a favor, just look into the General section, and look at the names of the threads. Do you see any that say "ihjsahduiaw" or anything like that? Not really, no. If you look at JUST the names of each thread, you will realize that the threads are just there to start a conversation piece. The general section is sort of like the "chill zone", where you can be who you are and do what you want as long as you don't go too far. It's fairly general.
    Ok so comments such as "tl;dr" or "ur a ******" thats all just general nice talk for the General Section right? How about you do me a favor and take a look at the posts INSIDE these threads. Besides a thread's title doesn't have to be random letters for it to not be spam. i.e. "I'm going to go commit suicide" is something a long the lines with one of the threads in the General Section with the user saying he's gonna commit suicide over another user not <3 them back on MSN? Is that what you call chill talk? Open your eyes, theirs so much spam going on it's completely blinded you. Maybe I should have been more clear by instead stating posts within threads are clearly spam.

- Immortal Technique.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspirith View Post
    Ok so comments such as "tl;dr" or "ur a ******" thats all just general nice talk for the General Section right? How about you do me a favor and take a look at the posts INSIDE these threads. Besides a thread's title doesn't have to be random letters for it to not be spam. i.e. "I'm going to go commit suicide" is something a long the lines with one of the threads in the General Section with the user saying he's gonna commit suicide over another user not <3 them back on MSN? Is that what you call chill talk? Open your eyes, theirs so much spam going on it's completely blinded you. Maybe I should have been more clear by instead stating posts within threads are clearly spam.
    General is one of the most active section of mpgh, and obviously it is full of spam. You wanting to control all the spam on it is just like you killing the whole section, wouldn't work.

Also, Dave already posted the "Forum Etiquette" thread, exactly to mitigate the problems related to flaming/trolling caused by certain users (inside and outside of General).
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    maybe a minion we already got mods in general

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed☠☣ View Post
    maybe a minion we already got mods in general
    If Moderators can handle the section Minions aren't necessary...
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post

General is one of the most active section of mpgh, and obviously it is full of spam. You wanting to control all the spam on it is just like you killing the whole section, wouldn't work.

Also, Dave already posted the "Forum Etiquette" thread, exactly to mitigate the problems related to flaming/trolling caused by certain users (inside and outside of General).
    Ok, sounds reasonable. Thanks for the reply.

- Immortal Technique.