Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely

HOW TO MAKE MODS FOR DN!!

I will only be teaching how to mod your armor clothing looks because modding others take too long :P BTW BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, NOBODY CAN SEE YOUR MOD EXCEPT YOU!!

1. Download this zip file from Pie (not his, made by someone from another site) https://www.mpgh.net/forum/487-dragon...-dn-tools.html

2. I only use DN Model Browser, and the DNPacker because the rest, i got no clue how to use or got a better way to use it. So extract the DN model browser and DN Packer to someplace you can access easily because you'll probablly be re visiting these folders alot.

3. Go into your DN folder and there should be 4 Resource files.
    "Resource00.pak"
    "Resource01.pak"
    "Resource02.pak"
    "Resource03.pak"

Copy all these files to somewhere safe because your mods might corrupt these files if you patch with mods in the same folder.

4.Start the DN Model Browser application, click the folder icon or press ctrl+O to open the .pak files. Browse to your DN folder or the folder with the resource.pak file copies and press open. It will take a while to load all the files.

5. To look at the armor items, go open the resource folder, then open the folder named "char", THEN open the folder named "player" and click the class you want to preview. Say i click the archer folder, there will be another folder in there named "parts" open this folder to see all the pretty cash shop stuff. You can only preview the files that end with ".skn" with the DN Model Browser. Browse around till you find a good set of items you like.

6. When you find all the .skn items you like go right click the file's .skn file and click extract to. Extract them to the resource folder inside the DNPacker folder.

7. Rename each file to what armor your character is wearing.

IMPORTANT: EXAMPLE: If my archer is wearing a epic body armor, to mod the body armor rename the file to "ar_epic01_body"

All archer items start with "ar"
    All warrior items start with "wa"
    All sorceress items start with "so"
    All Cleric items start with "cl"

If you're wearing a rare instead of epic replace the "epic" with "rare" same thing with the magic armor. But if you're wearing normal items for some weird reason, replace it with "basic".

Main Body armor is ended with "body"
    The shoe item is ended with "boots"
    The pants are ended with "leg"
    The gloves end with just "glove"

I think this should tell you how to rename the armor items easily....

8. After renaming these files correctly put them into the resource folder in the same folder as the DNPacker app, if not already in there.

9. Double click the DN Packer application with the DN icon. A pop up will come up with weird symbols. Ignore them. Just click the button on the left and another pop up will come up, press the only button there. A .pak file should now be in the DN Packer folder. That is your mod file. IMPORTANT : rename that .pak file because it will be named something weird, just rename it to anything that can help you remember which mod it is.

10. Put the .pak file into your DN folder and just start your game. It should load the modded looks automatically. It may take a little longer to start the game.

If you still don't understand something I will probably respond. but if too many questions repeat itself I'll stop answering

BTW I know there are many other guides like this, but those took me a while to understand so hopefully this helps. If it does help, THANK ME >:O
    Last edited by mochili96; 10-03-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: THANK ME >:O

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mochili96 For This Useful Post:

HaxAttaxxx (10-04-2011),jabaa (10-09-2011),Lamejop (10-07-2011),Nyusagi (10-24-2011),Pie (10-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    virus scans D:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    O SHIT
    I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING >_>

i added now >
    Last edited by mochili96; 10-04-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: bump de dump

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    approved

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Can i see some example images of the mod?
    Once upon a time...
    Click to be BOSS
    [IMG]https://i1140.photobucke*****m/albums/n578/iTzSick/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    uhmm

this is a GUIDE on HOW to make mods

not showing off a mod i made

Thanks

O.O

I'm confused can i have a video? need more info

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    uhm i guess i could make a video... i dont get how you not understand what i said though....

but im not gonna put in all the effort, you gotta help me out too!!

tell me some recording program that can record my desktop!!
    I use bandicam and fraps to record my games,but i don't think those can record my whole desktop....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by mochili96 View Post
    uhm i guess i could make a video... i dont get how you not understand what i said though....

but im not gonna put in all the effort, you gotta help me out too!!

tell me some recording program that can record my desktop!!
    I use bandicam and fraps to record my games,but i don't think those can record my whole desktop....
    I think he is just being lazy. Some people just don't want to bother reading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    i hope the future looks bright for us

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    yea thats what i think too xP

cause this guide, to me, tells you everything pretty basic and no hard words or anything :P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    >.> i actually got read all but dun understand...............lol im not lazy >.>

Thanks
    yupp.. me too.. can i have a video? i mean can u make a video for this? pls..

Thanks
    >.> Browse to your DN folder or the folder with the resource.pak file copies and press open. It will take a while to load all the files.

5. To look at the armor items, go open the resource folder, then open the folder named "char", THEN open the folder named "player" and click the class you want to preview. Say i click the archer folder, there will be another folder in there named "parts" open this folder to see all the pretty cash shop stuff. You can only preview the files that end with ".skn" with the DN Model Browser. Browse around till you find a good set of items you like.

6. When you find all the .skn items you like go right click the file's .skn file and click extract to. Extract them to the resource folder inside the DNPacker folder.

7. Rename each file to what armor your character is wearing.

IMPORTANT: EXAMPLE: If my archer is wearing a epic body armor, to mod the body armor rename the file to "ar_epic01_body"

All archer items start with "ar"
    All warrior items start with "wa"
    All sorceress items start with "so"
    All Cleric items start with "cl"

If you're wearing a rare instead of epic replace the "epic" with "rare" same thing with the magic armor. But if you're wearing normal items for some weird reason, replace it with "basic".

Main Body armor is ended with "body"
    The shoe item is ended with "boots"
    The pants are ended with "leg"
    The gloves end with just "glove"

I think this should tell you how to rename the armor items easily....

8. After renaming these files correctly put them into the resource folder in the same folder as the DNPacker app, if not already in there.

9. Double click the DN Packer application with the DN icon. A pop up will come up with weird symbols. Ignore them. Just click the button on the left and another pop up will come up, press the only button there. A .pak file should now be in the DN Packer folder. That is your mod file. IMPORTANT : rename that .pak file because it will be named something weird, just rename it to anything that can help you remember which mod it is.

10. Put the .pak file into your DN folder and just start your game. It should load the modded looks automatically. It may take a little longer to start the game.

dun unterstand these=='

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    well give me a good recording software like i said, and ill help you with a video

and before giving me the link to some random app, please test it first and make sure it works fine

if it doesn't work or is bad quality, ill forget bout helping you through a video :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast