Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

How to put CA properly on a flash drive.

Well, this thread was posted 5 months before and in the discussion section, & hopefully this still works.. so i thought this might still help some people.

Ok this is how to put CA onto a flash drive so u can run it on another computer

Firstly this whole process only takes 5 minutes (if u have a 2.0 usb port). Just follow the instructions EXACTLY and you will have no issues.

Ok so i thought one day hey, work is boring as heck maybe some CA would make it better, so i decided to try and find a way to take it to work with out installing it onto that computer. So you will only put about 2 MB of info onto the other computer not 3 GB

Some people said, simply put the installer in the flash drive plus the C:/nexon folder

but Doing this means u still have to install from the net once ur on the other computer, and also installs 3 GB of data onto that computer

So after much mucking around i have found the BEST way to put CA onto another Flash drive to run onto another computer.

U will need :

* Flash Drive
    * Admin access on computer taking it from, and putting it onto
    * Hidden Files visible
    * Common bloody sense

1. First lets enable the ability to see hidden folders. - Control Panel , Folder Options, View(tab) there will be a list of advanced settings - find under "Hidden files and folders" select show hidden files and folders.

2. Goto ur flash drive and create a folder for everything to go into

3. no go to ur main drive (99.999999999% it is C:\ drive) copy the C:\Nexon\CombatArms folder to ur flash drive.

4. Next we need the hidden folder. - C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\N exonUS - Put this in ur flash drive also. (u will notice in app. data there is also a nexon folder, you dont need this)

5. Now goto START MENU select RUN and type regedit in the registry editor that pops up look under - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ - for NexonUS in the list, right click it and press export, then in the save dialog box that pops up find ur flash drive and name it as NexonUS (when saving the reg's to ur flash dont save them in the folder everthing is going into, save them outside the folder then drag them in, this is because if u try saving them in the same folder they will name clash with other stuff, but if u save it outside then drag it in its all good)

6. Now also under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ there is a reg called Nexon export this into ur flash saving it as Nexon (once again save it out side hte main folder and drag it in)

Ok so now u have everything u need on ur Flash now lets goto the other computer to play it on

1. Firstly put the NexonUS folder u got from C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\N exonUS on ur original computer and past it into C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\
    on the new computer

2. Then highlight both ur registry files right click and select merge, any boxes that pop up click ok, or run.

Then simply open the Combat arms folder on ur FlashDrive that has everything in it and select CombatArms_Direct and when the box pops up press Game Start.

Hope this Helps.

Credits: BSOD

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/197-combat...ash-drive.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Polo For This Useful Post:

Nitehawk772 Bkup (11-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Time to play Combat Arms at school.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Nice Job bro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Gonna Try This

Respect List
    • Andy Six
    • Aeronyx And Aeronyx Jr
    • BenXer
    • Divine
    • Gaz
    • supercarz1991
    • Zyzz
    • 666HiddenMaster666

MSN: example-001@hotmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I can't play at school, perhaps when I'm in an office working or something which is LATERRR from now.

School doesn't allow admin access. :P damn biotchs. I have to put 3GB into my 4GB USB drive to play.