Thanks

Wake up you silly Americans.

I'm devastated by the state of America, mainly Americans, in this intense and extreme crisis. Are most of us genuinely unaware that we are potentially going to hit rock-bottom within our generation, or do we not care that the status of our nation and how we live life could change drastically within the next few years?

I do give it to the government for covering most of it up, but anyone with common sense and the endeavors to protect their future position in america can see where this nation is going. It is absolutely mind-blowing how we act. It's as if everything is normal and going to be okay. We believe that losing the status as the world's leading imperialistic country would never occur during this era.

The U.S. Dollar is currently the world's main reserve currency. Do we even understand the advantage of the us dollar being the reserve currency of the world?
    1. We have been able to avoid paying massive debts. because our currency is used around the world, the us government is able to simply print off more money and pay other nations with paper, without actually having the gold and silver for which the dollar represents.
    2. All commodities, primarily oil, are valued in the us dollar. this is why gasoline is incredibly cheap for americans as opposed to England ($8.80), France (8.00), etc.
    3. The United States has become one of the wealthiest countries as a result of the dollar as reserve currency. Imports can all be paid for in dollars. This is only true in the united states. Other countries have to first change their currency into dollars to settle their balance of payments on imports and exports.
    4. With other commodities cheaply priced in us dollars, there is an enormous range of inexpensive goods available. Food items and other items that use oil and gas as input are extremely cheap.

"The level of wealth and excess seen in the us is unprecedented, and results from the benefits of the dollar as the worlds reserve currency."

However, several other countries are losing faith in the us dollar. Many are trading in dollars for gold and silver. It's become apparent within our everyday life. One result is why there has been an abundant amount of 'we buy gold' commercials on televisions. Another result is a factor in which affected why gasoline prices rose. Other countries are doubting that we have the ability to back our paper with gold and silver - which we really cannot.

• even if we taxed every citizen 100%, we wouldn't have enough money to recover from our debt.
    • it would take, at the minimum, every person within the united states $42,000 to breach america's debt.

The consequences of losing our spot as the worlds reserve currency would cause a spiral of negative consequences changing how we go about everyday life. It just amazes me to see very little involvement taken to try to fix this unresolvable problem.

(edit: Of course I used google - and yes i'm too lazy to site my sources, who cares?).

I'm just voicing my opinion, I do not care for your feedback really. But if you would like to say something, shoot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    You really think we don't know about our massive debt? We have access to all the information you do. We out source a lot of jobs to foreign nations because they can polute their air, pay workers dirt, and provide horid working conditions. Its too bad we want things like... Idk, clean air, and livable wages, or we could just produce our own products. But in spite of all this, America is still the best nation the world has ever seen.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    The main issue in not just the US, but the world is greed. The constant need for more is what drives countries to go bankrupt. Once the human race comes to some actual realization that if everyone lived off of the same comfortable standards, we would be so much more well off. While that is essentially impossible for now (and probably the next few centuries) the thought of there actually being a greed free world is (in my eyes) what a perfect world would be. Money and power are what drives people to do some of the most horrid things in the existence of man. Eradicating those (while impossible) is what we need to strive to do. Even though it is impossible, if we could get it down to acceptable means, our country and the world would be much better off.

Thanks
    i don't entirely understand what makes you believe that america is the most politically powered country in the world? and even if we 'were' the most politically powered country in the world, what makes you think any nation will unite with us if it presents a disadvantage to them? americans put themseves on this imperialistic pedestal, as if they can never be knocked off of it. history has repeatedly proven that no nation has the capability to remain in power forever. is it hard to believe that our 'downfall' isn't too far around the corner? politics can only get someone so far. and taking in consideration the politicians in our government now, if that's the only 'security' to deplete our doubts, we might as well begin the riots in the streets for simple food commodities and gasoline now.

the us is printing money like paper, and that is why the value of our dollar is decreasing (other nations are losing faith) > explaining why gold and silver has been exchanged/replaced with american dollars. and yes, this is indeed why our country is in trouble.

Thanks
    Oh look, another blaming the US. Splendid.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    What the us has debt. THE INTERNETZ HAVE LIED>

Thanks
    It's nothing special. Just sooner or later, the world will fail.

Thanks
    ^no it wont the world has it downs and highs

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Yeah GJ all banks and stuff from USA Financial Crisis, i know its cheap to blame u america
    but whos fault is it that greece is an poorcountryoflazepeepswhorefusetobevictim of the laze gouverment
    BLAME IT ALL ON THE CRIPLEONES