Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Red face Mainstream and out of date...

What's up with the section. Discussing old animes is good and all but still put it out as a recommendation doesnt solve anything. Unless there is a sticky (might suggest a gm can come here to place one) with a list of animes and maybe stories added to them this kind of threads will re re re reappear.

this is not a rage/flame or anything but come on. Everyone knows bleach/naruto/full metal ... and all the other mainstream animes. I myself do love these animes though they're not really valid to high standards of regular ones lately. (i myself do give them a break if you see how everone just put thier animes on a hold, the serie does continue in a form of a filler ( i myself find it better then wait a year for another release but ok.).

All new threads kinda show that i know more of the latest series then most here even though i have had to stop watching anime in particular for a year now(only keeping it up trough magazines/direct tv commercials- and online streams. and have had tried to watch it in the vacations if i didnt need to work.)

Also @ontopic most don't even attempt to search for backdoor animes anymore too.
    Yeah these involve hentai's as most obvious(those i do watch since these are much shorter then a normal anime, deal with it), but also fan series or unknown series released in different countries or those which wherent on TV already(dvd releases).

Owyeah if you post a thread about "I need a new anime" make sure you didnt watch something like 10-20 series. There are tons of series, try out different things. or try to watch something you hate since most do quit after 1 or 2 episodes. Also manga's will remain supreme to most of the series you probably watch due to the original content, so try reading those. It kills time and your going trough it allot faster then a anime yet you can get the same satisfaction from it. -sounds wrong but that's what it is, enjoying yourself-

-----

man i really start to become a CS here lately... srry about that but seriously i rather prefer the lonesome posts of the past years then a load of crap now. ugh maybe now with the attention they might be able to place a minion here or something. like Threadbumps of 1 year that don't even validate to the thread itself. it's only good to do that when you're reopening a suggestion/question or feeling for that certain anime/manga (or something) to block double threading/spam.

'sad person is sad'

ugh the hope really is set on gourav (the lurk), Empire or L.
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 11-21-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No. Sorry but mainstream is usually mainstream for a reason. If you like to watch 1-2 episode shows, that's good for you but I can say without confidence that the majority of people are more attracted to 20+ episodes to develop a story. Please don't start yet another Manga vs Anime debate because that's a completely personal choice. Lastly, many people who are looking for Anime haven't seen the mainstream Anime. I for one didn't see them or even know of their existence if not for the suggestions given.

Threadstarter
    I'm the fallen angel from heaven.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    That's why we might need a sticky with a list of animes with ratings/plots added to them makes it easier for new users to find the serie and also to share in 1 thread. I'm not debating on anime vs manga, its just a fact. there are animes that started from games > anime > manga, anime > manga, etc. but the mainly it is graphical-/novel or manga then anime.
    Link:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post
    That's why we might need a sticky with a list of animes with ratings/plots added to them makes it easier for new users to find the serie and also to share in 1 thread. I'm not debating on anime vs manga, its just a fact. there are animes that started from games > anime > manga, anime > manga, etc. but the mainly it is graphical-/novel or manga then anime.
    Please. Stickies with common recommendations have never helped me. When I ask for recommendations, I want Anime that I will like, not a blanket of random shit that 99% I won't like and don't want to spend time sorting through it.

No, Anime vs Manga is not a 'fact.' Yes, manga usually comes first but does that mean it's better? No. It's simply the choice of whether you prefer watching or reading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The problem is that people are stupid and don't search for stuff. 99% of anime sites have a "top anime" list. Yet NO ONE uses this here apperantly because we keep getting "hey i liked naruto, what else would i like?" threads.

That leads to the most annoying factor: people who haven't watched the most mainstream anime available.
    ----------------------------
    This in turn lead to these threads about outdated and mainstream anime, that gourav,kuro,doc, and me have already seen years ago and have moved on to better anime.

I mean when you reccommend a current anime, or even a shorter than 100 episodes, does anyone listen? Not rly.
    ----------------

L mainstream is mainstream cus all the little kids watch it. Example: Pokemon, naruto, bleach, one piece, etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Anyone here interested in trying to get a recommendation list set-up? I can try to get it stickied/temp. minion to get it set up?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I suggest making a recommendation thread where you can only reccommend ONE anime at a time and no spamming. Keeping it generally short and no copy pasta for the summary.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Right, well do people want to see an Entertainment section minion?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    L mainstream is mainstream cus all the little kids watch it. Example: Pokemon, naruto, bleach, one piece, etc.
    All of those are shit IMO. Just because something is mainstream doesn't mean it's aweful or for kids. Death Note was mainstream and was quite awesome.

Threadstarter
    I'm the fallen angel from heaven.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    hell i have all the dvd's collecting the black edition manga's now and sadly had to return a f;awed sending of the light novel of the event that happened in the US. it's fun and all but if you continue like this and typ in the word death note in search here you'll get so manny titles containing the same threads/posts etc. only slight difference is the people who chat there.

and yeah comments like ::
    "i like that serie too. "
    ^^^^ this doesn't really explain like "What do you like about it?", "Is it the story or the art work that has moved you?". ugh at first it was fun to read these but no ... there so contextless and most didn't even watch it seriously or something. It's just spam.

I do want to admit that mpgh aint really the best place to comment about anime but since this section does excist I use at as any other site there is. And for some reason anime is getting really popular, even those who only have seen pokemon as a kid are starting to watch some more but not hentai cauze its gay .. (sure keep your damn shonen animes).

owyeah @L almost all the animes on the anime list i have are mainstream. (i'd say 80%)
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/6-anime/16...dea-anime.html

^^ this list is only filled with mainstream animes.

hmm those i don't see that often are:
    Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra
    Skip Beat!
    The Legend of Koizumi
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 11-22-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    Link: