Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Exclamation DICE Punishes Hundreds of Battlefield 3 Glitchers

It didn’t take long for Battlefield 3 players to stumble onto an annoying glitch that some used to cheat the system. A trick with the Engineer’s repair tool allowed players to gain in excess of 100,000 experience points per match, leveling up way too fast.

On its official Twitter feed, developer DICE announced its swift and righteous use of the banhammer. DICE banned hundreds of accounts and stat-wiped many others.The bans are across all platforms. The developer is asking for players’ help in keeping a balanced community. If you see cheating or glitching, send a direct message to the developers along with a screenshot of the Battle Log report.

EA has a zero tolerance policy on cheating, so let that and hundreds of banned accounts serve as a warning shot. DICE is working on a patch that will fix the issue permanently. Among the other issues that patch will address is the intensity of tactical flashlights. Right now they’re so bright people are getting their own teammates killed by flashing them in the wrong direction. DICE took player feedback into account here, and it’s been overwhelmingly negative. There’s no firm arrival date in place for the patch. Until then, if you want to keep your stats and your stuff, don’t use the glitch. That kind of stuff ruins the game experience for everyone playing with you.

Battlefield 3 sold an estimated 5 million copies in its first week, leading a blockbuster-filled month that includedBatman: Arkham City and NBA 2K12. Arkham City, which played to universal great reviews, came in a distant second with 1.5 million sold despite going on sale a week before Battlefield 3.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Good job in the post. Lets all stop boosting. Instead, we use modded servers so we don't have to go through all the pain.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Assassinanic For This Useful Post:

J2KKK (11-22-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Good release .
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Seriously, who the hell cares about boosting? Since when have leader boards meant a thing?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    ^
    They mean a lot to those complaining apparently.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Scared
    I dont know why they are banning us. LOL we were not hacking. Just exploiting the game engine that couldn't remove this shit from tha gaaaaaaaaaaamez!