Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The Hunger Games

Anybody read the books? I heard they are great but I don't wanna get them shipped from the States if they're not really worth it.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Learn2Kindle bro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Learn2Kindle bro
    If you had read as much literature as I have, you would know that it will be long before Kindle replaces real handheld books. The warmth that these present cannot be compared with an electronic device.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post

If you had read as much literature as I have, you would know that it will be long before Kindle replaces real handheld books. The warmth that these present cannot be compared with an electronic device.
    I'm probably older than you and have read twice as many books pal.
    Yeah,yeah..that's what I thought until I actually got a Kindle. I don't really miss books, also don't have to worry about running out of storage either.
    Any book I want at the push of a button.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I'm probably older than you and have read twice as many books pal.
    Yeah,yeah..that's what I thought until I actually got a Kindle. I don't really miss books, also don't have to worry about running out of storage either.
    Any book I want at the push of a button.
    Age means nothing in literature. Sure if you were 50 years older than me, I would take it into count, but if you are not at least 35 years old right now, I would really doubt that you have read as much books as I have. I started being an avid reader since I was 5, and since then I haven't stopped.

I have an E-Reader too. It lays inside one of my room's drawers, were I also keep stuff that I haven't used and won't use in years (a diskette might be there, for example).

And yet you skip the reward and satisfaction of finishing a book or turning its smooth and new pages.
    Last edited by Sir Nathan; 02-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Age means nothing in literature. Sure if you were 50 years older than me, I would take it into count, but if you are not at least 35 years old right now, I would really doubt that you have read as much books as I have. I started being an avid reader since I was 5, and since then I haven't stopped.

I have an E-Reader too. It lays inside one of my room's drawers, were I also keep stuff that I haven't used and won't use in years (a diskette might be there, for example).

And yet you skip the reward and satisfaction of finishing a book or turning its smooth and new pages.
    I'm not getting into another pointless e-peen measuring contest with you.
    Clearly you believe you're an internet badass.
    On topic: I've recommended these books to my friends because I've thoroughly enjoyed them.
    If you're into the Orwellian nightmare type of story I think you will also like the books.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-09-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I'm not getting into another pointless e-peen measuring contest with you.
    Clearly you believe you're an internet badass.
    On topic: I've recommended these books to my friends because I've thoroughly enjoyed them.
    If you're into the Orwellian nightmare type of story I think you will also like the books.
    Yeah, I think of myself as an Internet badass. That explains the poetry I have posted here and me asking about literature in the forums- whilst I also hold a strong criticism against society and the American ways in the Debate Fort. That makes me feel like I should be in jail, mate. The word 'clearly' is based upon your own perspective, and thus shouldn't be used as a term which implies the obvious.

OT: I never read Animal Farm, but Nineteen Eighty-Four is one of my favorite books ever. If that's so, I will buy The Hunger Games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, I think of myself as an Internet badass. That explains the poetry I have posted here and me asking about literature in the forums- whilst I also hold a strong criticism against society and the American ways in the Debate Fort. That makes me feel like I should be in jail, mate. The word 'clearly' is based upon your own perspective, and thus shouldn't be used as a term which implies the obvious.
    Hmm,
    You think you're smarter than everyone, you think you've read more books than everyone, you're the best at HoN,
    your cunt Apple is better than everyone's PC..
    I would say that what I stated is pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-09-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Hmm,
    You think you're smarter than everyone, you think you've read more books than everyone, you're the best at HoN,
    your cunt Apple is better than everyone's PC..
    I would say that what I stated is pretty obvious.
    But I don't think I'm smarter than everyone. I think I am above average intelligence, yes, and IQ tests and excellence in multiple areas that require intelligence prove me that. I don't think I've read more books than everyone, but if you answer me that I should learn to use a Kindle in a condescending way, I am bound to respond in the same way. My Macbook is not better than everyone's PC. There's obviously a PC that is much better than a Mac, because the Mac line is so narrow and doesn't offer many options. This idea originated in a debate were I simply asked why did people hate on Mac users that much, because I failed to see Mac users hate on PC users in an equal measure. Your statements are filled with generalizations, and thus are probably flawed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

But I don't think I'm smarter than everyone. I think I am above average intelligence, yes, and IQ tests and excellence in multiple areas that require intelligence prove me that. I don't think I've read more books than everyone, but if you answer me that I should learn to use a Kindle in a condescending way, I am bound to respond in the same way. My Macbook is not better than everyone's PC. There's obviously a PC that is much better than a Mac, because the Mac line is so narrow and doesn't offer many options. This idea originated in a debate were I simply asked why did people hate on Mac users that much, because I failed to see Mac users hate on PC users in an equal measure. Your statements are filled with generalizations, and thus are probably flawed.
    Cool starry bra.

Dude read Animal Farm..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Cool starry bra.

Dude read Animal Farm..
    Is it better than Nineteen-Eighty-Four? Cause that Big Brother stuff had me read the whole book in 2 days.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Is it better than Nineteen-Eighty-Four? Cause that Big Brother stuff had me read the whole book in 2 days.
    Well it's kind of hard to gauge what is better.
    I've always been intrigued by Conspiracy theories and 1984 was always a popular reference amongst theorists.
    "The way things are going are reminiscent to Orwell's 1984" That type of deal..so yeah I personally liked that novel better,
    but Animal Farm reflects upon a different time period and subject,
    though theoretically you could actually find some similarities in the subjects, such as political views.
    Both books are must reads imo.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well it's kind of hard to gauge what is better.
    I've always been intrigued by Conspiracy theories and 1984 was always a popular reference amongst theorists.
    "The way things are going are reminiscent to Orwell's 1984" That type of deal..so yeah I personally liked that novel better,
    but Animal Farm reflects upon a different time period and subject,
    though theoretically you could actually find some similarities in the subjects, such as political views.
    Both books are must reads imo.
    Yeah I am fascinated by conspiracy theories too, and 1984 was a hit from the moment it hit my hands to the moment I placed it on the 'Already Read' shelf. What is Animal Farm about? I have heard of the book, but have never actually looked it up and I am terrified of Internet spoilers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah, I read them and they were great. I really enjoyed reading them

Thanks
    I'm waiting for the movie.
    In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
    -Shing Xiong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast