Thanks

My Web 2.0 Portfolio

Im currently working on my online portfolio as a web developer & Graphics Designer. I've have a few freelanced client i've worked with so im well experianced in terms of how to deal with people. I thought Id get started on a small career and take the small step taking a graphic design course at red river collage. But before that happens, thier asking for a portfolio... so, i thought i'd take a year off and blow thier minds with my skills in Ajax, php, and photoshop by showwing off a soon to be finished online portfolio.

Here are some sneek peeks:
    (these are all vector rendered and currently the project is on its template stage, I still have to finish the whole tamplate, animate some flash, code the template together with some xml in place, and add in some php functions on top)

encase you guys couldn't guess... the background stayed the same becuase the website is gonna work similar to how most web aplications work. (you have a menue and a window pops up as if you were using an OS on a browser)

there will also be a sub menu on the black bar for gldesign... the template is only 5% done, I still have to add in some other GUI... ill keep this updates as much as I can
    Last edited by apitite.for.distruction; 10-23-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    you spelt experience wrong( on the third or middle page) , you might want to fix that before the site goes up

oh and i for got that you spelt unavailable wrong on the first page and also on the first page you need to fix PRESS to close its like PLRESS to close, might want to fix that too JUST TO HELP YOU OUT
    Last edited by iverson954360; 10-23-2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Nice and Elegant.

You also spelt 'Avaliable' wrong on the first page. =)

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    good catch arun, well there you go , fix those before they go online, or it will sound unprofessional
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Oh yeah, I don't think the slogan matches the site, because as it looks, everything is designed individually in Photoshop (verus Group Design), so it rules out it loading fast (loading frame by frame); and secondly, it's not really simple, because, there are uncessisary designs (such as the two circles) in each of your pages.

Overall it's prety good, but it kinda contradicts itself.
    'Sleek and Elegant' is a better slogan/catch phrase/mantra/corporate logo.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    if you're talking about the little and the small circle next to each other, i think those are controls to his video player

Thanks
    o.O those are controls for my video player for when i make a video tutorial on photoshop. im still not done the buttons yet >.<
    and thnx for the spelling heads up, ill fix those right away.

i think i should clarify that the slogan is for gldesign not the portfolio, (the portfolio is merged with gldesign to make life simpler) the webdesign i do is preaty basic and simple as they need to be becuase im only working as one person and I can't handle all the load factor as Im also working on my privates pilot license at a local flight school and taking kickboxing lessons with a friend. (I don't have the luxury of time like most people normaly do, so for me to do web design, I will have to finish a web template in less than 3 hours of dedicated free time) The template I do for people is completely different from what I would normally do for my self.

another thing I should make clear is that the website template i took a screenshot of is not 100% final. This is just a 1 hour work i put into doing some vector mashing and trial&error (just to get a feal of what I have in my mind to how it should look). To put it in numbers im 15% done the design and 2% done overall. I've done some pseudo code for how the portfolio will work together with gldesign (my webdev company thats not up and running yet) and i just got started doing some xml work so I can guarantee you that there will be changes and any feedback, positive and negative are invited.

everything is designed individually in Photoshop (verus Group Design), so it rules out it loading fast (loading frame by frame);
    I dont understand this portion of your reply... possibly cuz 1) its 3am here and my brain has gone to mush and/or 2) im reading it wrong

in anycase could you perhaps clarify what you meen so I can make adjustments to my template.. thanks
    Last edited by apitite.for.distruction; 10-23-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    instead of having one big flowing piece you have many pieces joined together, so this means everything has to load separatly from eachother when you are online, i think thats what he means

Thanks
    BTW:
    incase you have no idea what Im trying to acomplish for my porfolio heres a sample of the idea im implemeting to it:

https://www.eyeos.net/eyeOS/desktop.php?a=%3B%3B

eyeos is basically a virtual os.. it lets you move objects like you could in flash games or java aplets, however it is not coded as flash or java so users don't have to put up with the loading when their on a 56k. Since it will all be xml, javascript and css (Ajax) working as a backbone and php as a core engine it will be relitivly faster in load time appose to if i was to do this whole project in flash.

verything is designed individually in Photoshop (verus Group Design), so it rules out it loading fast (loading frame by frame);
    er... i guess i should say that i dont meen the websites will be fast loading, it all depends on what the client wants to slap on it... what I meen by fast is that I deliver your website template to you in speed record... usualy a 2 or 3 days depending on how much the client wants in his/her website. (I've done 1 simple static html website which only took me 6 hours to put up where as this project im doing for my portfolio may take more than a month to complete due to the complicated ajax and php coding i have to put into it.. and theres also debugging for stupid script mistakes and mysql redundancy that may occur when im storing some design & client records
    Last edited by apitite.for.distruction; 10-23-2006 at 08:57 PM.

under chuck norrises bed. yea, even hes scared of me
    Thanks
    its proffesional, no doubt about it. but it needs a little more encompassing stuff, like more info about work, maybe a back catalogue and stuff like personal stuff and about you not just the business side of you.

and, try a backgorund on the template, maybe a dark grey one.