Quote Originally Posted by Pheles View Post
These are my results, originally, I was set on getting the Audio Technica A700/AD700 but now I'm leaning towards the Logitech G35. $300 is far out of my range but I guess it'd be around $100-$220.

I was told the Senheisser P350/60 or Logitech G930 were just as good, I'm not sure.
You best be trolling, Logitech's headsets cannot compare even to the shittiest products by Sennheiser, AKG, ATH, BD, Grado or any other decent manufacturer.

because in my opinion, it was either go with gaming or music, I thought I'd just get two, gaming first and then when I get money in like 3 month I'd buy headphones for music:

• Senheisser HD280 pro
  • Denon AH-D1001/2002
  • Audio Technica ATH-M50

but then i'd need amps </3 more googling lol
All those would work great without amps. Granted, they wouldn't be at their full potential but they would still be shitfucktons better than anything made by Logitech. And they're not just "music" headphones, they're great for movies and other media too. Even game sounds way better on them. The "real" "gaming" headphones are just a marketing niche that attracts kids with too much money that can't make out the difference between decent sound and shitty, muddy, washed out, no range shitty shit shitty shit shit fuck shitty bla bla bla. Tl;dr comparing a Ferrarri to a fucking second hand Golf.

My third option would be to get speakers -- Logitech Z5500 and probably Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty if I can afford it. Even ASUS Xonar DS would make a difference right?

Those are soundcards.
Those soundcards are marginally better than any integrated thing and their main feature would be the integrated amp (not the best, but it does the job). Afaik the Logitech Z5500 comes with it's own amp though and whilst it's a great speaker setup (got them for my 16th birthday and to this day they're still working great) there are many better alternatives for that money. Plus it's not as convenient as headphones, which offer more privacy, a greater range of comfort (dunno 'bout you, but people tend to complain when I turn my speakers up too much) etc.

tl;dr grab any of the three listed headphones and you'll end up spending the money for something that you'll love for years to come.