Thread: Air Gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Air Gear

Now that I'm getting into manga,why not go back and read the rest of what I'd missed out on in anime.
    I'm up to chapter 250 of Air Gear and my shit. It's amazing. Although anime does have its perks,manga just wins it.
    Why couldn't they continue Air Gear? /gives a fuck if people in Japan had no interest. Oh!Great...Y U NO INTEREST PEOPLE
    Anyways,I've downloaded a shit ton of what was suggested in my old thread.
    Getting ready to read all those too.

So,does anyone prefer reading manga over anime?

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I've started manga recently as the anime I'm watching aren't all that interesting. It has its ups and downs. Manga stories feel much shorter (in absence of fillers, etc) and seem to end abruptly. However, it's nice to read something that's right to the point and still interesting.

I tried to read Air Gear but...it's fucking roller skates and a guy who beats people up while using them. Not much more to it -_- I couldn't get into it at all, stopped about 10-20 chapters in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The anime was an abomination really. The main highlights of air gear were missing. There was no ecchi, the art sucked horribly, and you just can't compare it to the manga. The manga however covers all those and provides some very interesting takes on action. Not to mention the plot is very good.

-----------------------------------------------------
    @ L stop posting about shit you don't know. All great forms of entertainment are lost on you if you just ditch it for a generic summary of the pilot. GJ you read 10 chapters and thought you knew something about it. Roller skates oh the lulz, if only you knew what happens later. But you won't, because you give up on every series that isn't exactly what your looking for and your basing it off one or two series you've read before.

*sigh* damn idiot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    The anime was an abomination really. The main highlights of air gear were missing. There was no ecchi, the art sucked horribly, and you just can't compare it to the manga. The manga however covers all those and provides some very interesting takes on action. Not to mention the plot is very good.

-----------------------------------------------------
    @ L stop posting about shit you don't know. All great forms of entertainment are lost on you if you just ditch it for a generic summary of the pilot. GJ you read 10 chapters and thought you knew something about it. Roller skates oh the lulz, if only you knew what happens later. But you won't, because you give up on every series that isn't exactly what your looking for and your basing it off one or two series you've read before.

*sigh* damn idiot.
    Didn't say it was bad. I said I couldn't get into it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    From where the anime left off,there have been so many twists and turns,a shit ton of characters,and so much more. The only problem I have with the manga is that the battle scenes tend to go by in a flash. For example,

The first battle with those monkey bitches,Animal House I think it was,when Kazu was leader.
    It just started and bam. /end
    Although I understand that the battle was of less importance, it would've been nice if Oh!Great added at least a page more or two,but no. The battle started and the last page of it is like "What will he(Kazu) do?" Next chapter "Battle Ended." UMAD? Anyways,it's getting better. Halfway through Gram Scale atm.

Even though the anime wasn't the best ,it did give a good start for the manga. As in,you can hear the voices and such.
    Last edited by Jacket; 12-14-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Your spoiler is broken D:

Is the anime worth watching vs manga?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post
    Your spoiler is broken D:

Is the anime worth watching vs manga?
    Fixed. I'd say yes,but it's up to you. Watching the anime simply gives you a bit more insight about the introductory characters.
    Start with whichever you'd like. I personally prefer anime over manga,but I think that'll change soon enough.

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
    From where the anime left off,there have been so many twists and turns,a shit ton of characters,and so much more. The only problem I have with the manga is that the battle scenes tend to go by in a flash. For example,

The first battle with those monkey bitches,Animal House I think it was,when Kazu was leader.
    It just started and bam. /end
    Although I understand that the battle was of less importance, it would've been nice if Oh!Great added at least a page more or two,but no. The battle started and the last page of it is like "What will he(Kazu) do?" Next chapter "Battle Ended." UMAD? Anyways,it's getting better. Halfway through Gram Scale atm.

Even though the anime wasn't the best ,it did give a good start for the manga. As in,you can hear the voices and such.
    Considering the newest battles take more than one chapter, i'm fine with that. To be honest i'm actually glad, it makes them skip the unimportant parts and get to the more interesting, such as the first big battle of behemoth.
    -----------------------

For those uninterested, about....1/3 of the way through the manga the entire plot becomes much more, with lots of twist and a lot higher battles and such. Some people die, some become things you probably wouldn't have guessed, some already were.

There is enough of a plot that air gear wins over almost all shonen in plot alone(even Death Note). The art is at least 2-3 times better than any manga outside of maybe darkhorse manga in my opinion. The artist(you can't really tell with online scans sometimes) REALLY puts in effort to the art.
    -------------------------------------------

In short, i love air gear, its deffinitely one of my favorite seinan and should deffinitely be looked into for people who want new manga.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    I guess it does balance out.
    Well, . Air Gear is boss shit.
    Nuff said.

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Well at this point,I'm caught up with all the releases and my shit.
    There have been so many unexpected twists and turns.
    Not gonna spoil it for anyone,but @Time you've got to start reading the manga over pls.
    Air Gear is also a great manga for avies. Got several I've got to work on before I use them.
    CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE.

Ex-Minion
    Ex-Mod
    8/17/11

Greycloak
    Midcent
    MrAntagonist
    WomboCombo
    JakeyXD
    Wolfram

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    ill start reading it @Jacket.

Thanks
    @Jacket @Time It's a good manga, NEVER watch the series to the end though. The last Episode makes you want to shoot yourself, it's just a giant filler. Great storyline though

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    anime better then manga law i like watching better then reading
    .Radar aka. Arsenol
    MSN: arsenol117@live.com

Thanks
    Too bad in 90% of the cases they just put shit on Anime versions, or remove something essential of its story...
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Too bad in 90% of the cases they just put shit on Anime versions, or remove something essential of its story...
    The Anime series isn't bad, but it excludes a shit ton of back story. The last episode is also a filler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast