Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

BF3 Crashing need help

Well when I first got the game all was running well, but after a day of playing it, it got to where every 3-10 minutes in game it would hardcore lag for 5-10 seconds then freeze. I then went on a mission doing all possible things to get in running smoothly again I used youtube and numerous other forums. I applied all the fixes I could find to my game in hope of them working including under clocking, cmd commands, renaming files, clean install, graphic card reverts ect, finally all was running well, for about a week. Well after my computer blue screened on a random website for no reason, it seems its back to the freezing again. Ive tried all the same fixes with no luck what so ever, do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steele Duke View Post
    Well when I first got the game all was running well, but after a day of playing it, it got to where every 3-10 minutes in game it would hardcore lag for 5-10 seconds then freeze. I then went on a mission doing all possible things to get in running smoothly again I used youtube and numerous other forums. I applied all the fixes I could find to my game in hope of them working including under clocking, cmd commands, renaming files, clean install, graphic card reverts ect, finally all was running well, for about a week. Well after my computer blue screened on a random website for no reason, it seems its back to the freezing again. Ive tried all the same fixes with no luck what so ever, do you guys have any suggestions?
    Are you sure you reapplied all the fixes like you did last time? The exact same way?

It could also be a new issue, do you remember what the blue screen was about? because websites don't cause your computer to blue screen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Are you sure you reapplied all the fixes like you did last time? The exact same way?

It could also be a new issue, do you remember what the blue screen was about? because websites don't cause your computer to blue screen.
    On a forum I went to upload a pic and when I hit upload picture from my hard drive it crashed, I was able to upload it again after a restart. It was weird though since it was the first time my laptop had ever blue screened..... and I applied all the same fixes in the same order plus a few new ones :?

Thanks
    On a forum I went to upload a pic and when I hit upload picture from my hard drive it crashed, I was able to upload it again after a restart. It was weird though since it was the first time my laptop had ever blue screened..... and I applied all the same fixes in the same order plus a few new ones :?
    That sounds strange, it might be some sort of data corruption error. Do you remember what the blue screen said?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I don't remember what the blue screen said at all, but I fixed the problem turns out bf3 has memory leaks causing the game to screw up, for some reason just repairing the game didn't work, but last night I tried a clean install of the game and its finally up and running smoothly 8)

Thanks
    I don't remember what the blue screen said at all, but I fixed the problem turns out bf3 has memory leaks causing the game to screw up, for some reason just repairing the game didn't work, but last night I tried a clean install of the game and its finally up and running smoothly 8)
    Congratulations, glad you got it working.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    IN future if you run windows 7 and you have more than 4gig of ram like me, this will fix it run the cmd in admin mode then type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter then reboot. should fix the memory leaks as it did for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishncips4T View Post
    IN future if you run windows 7 and you have more than 4gig of ram like me, this will fix it run the cmd in admin mode then type bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter then reboot. should fix the memory leaks as it did for me.
    Everyone should do this, it doesn't just fix this problem, but a whole bunch of others as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Noovaa For This Useful Post:

fishncips4T (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I tried that as well, and sadly it didn't work for me :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Duke do you have over 4 gig of ram and windows 7

Thanks
    Duke do you have over 4 gig of ram and windows 7
    I believe he fixed this problem.

If so @bullpop should close this.

Thanks
    My Mood