Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Between choosing 4x4 Ram kit and a gpu for crossfire help plox :|

@Sir Ragealot
    (sidenote somone mention alen i dunno wich name he is using atm :|)

I am saving up to either upgrade my ram or go crossfire my Powercolor radeon HD 6870( due to the thailand flood i was originally going to buy a a 1tb HDD but prices are way too high)
    But i face myself at a weird ordeal my computer usualy bottlenecks due to ram shortage (since i only have 2x2 kit of ripjaws at 1600).
    So since i am going to buy my hardware on a local shop
    Shall i buy the GPU LINK
    Or the ram kit 4x4 gskill ram kit LINK (bear in mind i am buiyng this gskill kit due to it being cheaper then buyng 4 gig ram cards :|)
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure Alen is @Santa at the moment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Not the best RAM I've seen, but I guess one could say it's okay. Personally I would just add an extra 2GB of the ram you already have, it can't be much worse than the one you intend to buy. And buy the gfx card ofc, the perfomance boost in games would be incomparably larger if you had two 6870s than a single 6870 with more ram. And in all honesty, you'll never even need more than 6/8GB ram anyways.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa:5630908
    Not the best RAM I've seen, but I guess one could say it's okay. Personally I would just add an extra 2GB of the ram you already have, it can't be much worse than the one you intend to buy. And buy the gfx card ofc, the perfomance boost in games would be incomparably larger if you had two 6870s than a single 6870 with more ram. And in all honesty, you'll never even need more than 6/8GB ram anyways.
    ah but alas I run lot of programs in the background and I intent sell the rams at 15€ that's if I change them.
    And I will later on( couple of months) I as m going to assembled another comp for my little brother and I can cut enough corners to buy the you after and I find my ram bottleneck into slot more important then the gpu:|
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    ah but alas I run lot of programs in the background and I intent sell the rams at 15€ that's if I change them.
    And I will later on( couple of months) I as m going to assembled another comp for my little brother and I can cut enough corners to buy the you after and I find my ram bottleneck into slot more important then the gpu:|
    If you had 6/8 gigs of ram there should be no issues. I rarely top 5-6 gigs when having shitfucktons of stuff open + having games open. But your choice

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    If you had 6/8 gigs of ram there should be no issues. I rarely top 5-6 gigs when having shitfucktons of stuff open + having games open. But your choice
    Even if i see i dont use the extra 8 gigs ill just use it on another computer :|
    So its not realy that bad of a investment :L

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    That all games support crossfire, thats the only problem with crossfire. So some games wont get a performance boost.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznganxter View Post
    That all games support crossfire, thats the only problem with crossfire. So some games wont get a performance boost.
    Nowadays such games are really few and far between, what most people worry about now is good the scaling is. And to be honest, dual crossfire / sli has improved so much since it was introduced that in most popular games you can expect quite good scaling