Thanks

Exclamation Graphics error "DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason"....

Going to try and shorten this for you guys.

When I bought Battlefield 3 I was running on an old ATI 5650 HD graphics card. I had no problems whatsoever. Recently, I installed a new ATI 6850 HD card and have been having problems.

So, I can run Battlefield 3 on ultra no problem. But whenever the game ends, Battlefield 3 always crashes with this error.

[IMG]https://i208.photobucke*****m/albums/bb15/Exodiaj/fuckshit.png[/IMG]

So I did some searching on the web for a fix to this problem. Luckily I did find something. I was instructed to do the following:

Start-> write CMD -> open as administrator -> write bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500 -> enter -> restart computer

So I did this and it did fix the error. Although I still crash, just with no error at the end of each game. Usually my screen turns black and random colored boxes fill the screen.

I'm running the latest drivers for my graphics card and I have the psu to run the card.

Any advice to fix this problem would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    The random colorboxing sounds like artifacting but the problem doesn't mention that so its probably not that. Can you rolback drivers? I think it might be a driver issue.
    [IMG]https://i143.photobucke*****m/albums/r135/xSpartan_117x/ChiefPwnage.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode16 View Post
    The random colorboxing sounds like artifacting but the problem doesn't mention that so its probably not that. Can you rolback drivers? I think it might be a driver issue.
    I read some things about overclocked graphics cards having issues with Battlefield 3. So I underclocked my graphics card at what Dice recommends and I'll test it when I get the time, hopefully it will work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sure does sound like overheating/crashing.
    If underclocking doesnt work, check temps when playing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy708 View Post
    Sure does sound like overheating/crashing.
    If underclocking doesnt work, check temps when playing.
    If it was overheating it would show signs during gameplay, and it would crash during gameplay not right at the end of each game on time every single time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not always true, usually, but not always. Overheating is an easy thing to rule out anyways. Still... Not quite sure on ati, seeing as I use nvidia, but does it inform you upon driver crashes?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is common error with BF3 on 6800 series card. Happens to me also. Sometimes i get AMD driver has stop responding and has been restarted successfully and Sometimes i get that error same as in your image. It's call fucked up Programming of DICE & my game only get those errors on METRO MAPS loading not any other maps & what frustrating is this error comes random, sometimes Metro map loads successfully sometimes it crashes with your image message or "AMD driver has stop responding and has been restarted successfully." My all other games runs fine only BF3 + Metro map + 6800 series card are having this issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shupactakur View Post
    This is common error with BF3 on 6800 series card. Happens to me also. Sometimes i get AMD driver has stop responding and has been restarted successfully and Sometimes i get that error same as in your image. It's call fucked up Programming of DICE & my game only get those errors on METRO MAPS loading not any other maps & what frustrating is this error comes random, sometimes Metro map loads successfully sometimes it crashes with your image message or "AMD driver has stop responding and has been restarted successfully." My all other games runs fine only BF3 + Metro map + 6800 series card are having this issues.
    Yeah, I get that to. But only at the end of every game, when a server reloads a new map. I can still play, but its hella annoying.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Ok what i have done now is uninstalled all 11.10 to 12.1a crappy poo drivers of AMD. Since i have 6870 HD, i went back to september release of driver which is 11.9 and now i have no more crashes during METRO map load or any other thing. So far i haven't experienced any mega crash. Seems 11.10 and after versions are not compatible properly with BF3. I have sent AMD tech support an email related with this issue, they will surely do something about it.

Just uninstall your current drivers, run DriverSweeper and CCCleaner in Safe mode after uninstall. Then install 11.9 catalyst Drivers . It worked for me, i hope it work for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shupactakur View Post
    Ok what i have done now is uninstalled all 11.10 to 12.1a crappy poo drivers of AMD. Since i have 6870 HD, i went back to september release of driver which is 11.9 and now i have no more crashes during METRO map load or any other thing. So far i haven't experienced any mega crash. Seems 11.10 and after versions are not compatible properly with BF3. I have sent AMD tech support an email related with this issue, they will surely do something about it.

Just uninstall your current drivers, run DriverSweeper and CCCleaner in Safe mode after uninstall. Then install 11.9 catalyst Drivers . It worked for me, i hope it work for you.
    I fixed my game by completely uninstalling the old drivers and installing the new one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Noovaa For This Useful Post:

xhevanlyx (06-05-2014)