Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

New PC build does not boot.

I just recently build my PC (Today) with the following specs.
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3Ghz 1155pin Boxed CPU (msy)
    -HIS 1GB 6950 PCI-E $252.00 12.6 x 4.2 x 25.5 cm (HxWxD)
    ATA 22x Black DVD RW - 1 Year Warranty (msy)
    Our Price: $19.00
    -Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard $179.00 (msy)
    -Antec Earth EA-750W PSU $121.00 (msy)
    -Thermaltake Dokker Tower Case without PSU $61.00 (msy)
    -G.Skill Sniper 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR $50
    -WD 3.5" Blue 1TB WD10EARX SATA3 64M 5400RPM HDD $123.50 (mwave)

The problem is when i boot up, my PC just shuts down, all the fans (CPU,case, gpu) spin but then after 0.5 seconds it shuts down. What can i do to fix this? I tried removing my GPU, but that doesnt work... i also tried unplugging everything (HDD, CD drive) and jump start my PC and still the same problem.
    Im sure everything is plugged in. GPU, Front panel connectors, CPU fan, 24 ping, sata and etc.

PC doesnt even beep when booting up.
    Last edited by Aznganxter; 01-06-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I'd say re check the RAM and the CPU

Have a read of this as well
    Computer Turns On Then Off - How to Troubleshoot a Computer That Turns On and Then Immediately Turns Off

Does your motherboard light up and do you have the sound plugged in?
    Last edited by Ed; 01-06-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Make sure RAM is in correctly.
    Happened to me before.
    That fails, rebuild computer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Could be a shot in the dark
    Check the PSU :|
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Some motherboards have a temporary power off stage when booting, make sure you wait a second or two before cutting the power. Most likely something isn't getting enough power, I would make sure that your mobo is properly connected to the PSU, make sure your 8 pin cpu power cord is connected, make sure that the ram is in and locked (yes, sometimes you have to press quite hard for the sticks to "jump" into the slot and lock themselves) etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Could be a shot in the dark
    Check the PSU :|
    I just spent all night doing isolations test... i tried another 500watt thermal take PSU, same problem.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Some motherboards have a temporary power off stage when booting, make sure you wait a second or two before cutting the power. Most likely something isn't getting enough power, I would make sure that your mobo is properly connected to the PSU, make sure your 8 pin cpu power cord is connected, make sure that the ram is in and locked (yes, sometimes you have to press quite hard for the sticks to "jump" into the slot and lock themselves) etc.
    I triple chcked that everything was connected and locked and they were. Frontpanel, ram, gpu, cpu, cpufan, cpu fan connector and etc.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    Happened to me before.
    I took out the ram and put it make in 3 times. I heard it click everything i even tried every slot and a single ram card.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    Happened to me before.
    Havent tried taking out the CPU, heard you can damage the pins like that. How am i meant to take it out?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'd say re check the RAM and the CPU

Have a read of this as well
    Computer Turns On Then Off - How to Troubleshoot a Computer That Turns On and Then Immediately Turns Off

Does your motherboard light up and do you have the sound plugged in?
    Havent tried taking out my PSU, heard you can damage it how am i meant to take it out?

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Sounds to me like you need a stronger PSU, or you are not plugin it in correctly. (In the right places.) I would return the PSU (if you bought it) get a new one. OR buy a more powerful one. 700W+ That way you can def rule that out.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Sounds to me like you need a stronger PSU, or you are not plugin it in correctly. (In the right places.) I would return the PSU (if you bought it) get a new one. OR buy a more powerful one. 700W+ That way you can def rule that out.
    I have a 750 watt PSU, 500watt and 450watt tried all 3. Tested Ram, GPU, HDD, and Optical drive by isolation tests still same problem. I also did a isolation test with just the essietal parts RAM, CPU, CPU fan, PSU still same issus i started my pc by jump starting.
    Im sure i plugged in the PSU in the right place as i build a PC before. 4 pin cpu connector, 24 pin ,gpu , hdd , optical.
    Last edited by Aznganxter; 01-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hmm.. Could be a faulty mobo. Sounds like you were pretty thorough... Ill link Daverun in here, they are pretty good figuring this stuff out.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Hmm.. Could be a faulty mobo. Sounds like you were pretty thorough... Ill link Daverun in here, they are pretty good figuring this stuff out.
    LOL wat do i do? do i just walk in the store and be like "i have a faulty mobo, i want a new one?"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Where did u buy it? how long ago? most of them do returns fairly simple within 30 days. Mostly for RMA.

I

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Where did u buy it? how long ago? most of them do returns fairly simple within 30 days. Mostly for RMA.
    A local Australian dealer called "Msy" and a day ago. My friend just came to my house with his Sandy Bridge 2 dollar mobo, if it works on his mobo, its faulty mobo if it doesnt... im gonna be depressed, but on the bright side there waranty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    You're going to need to test each component separately.

Start by eliminating the PSU. Test your PSU in your old computer (Granted it is compatible).

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If you get a video output (like BIOS) then it shuts down without any beeping or anything I have no idea. My first computer I built wouldn't boot up but the thermal grease that came with it was shit, it would shut down with out beeping.

Pretty sure you should be able to start to BIOS with just a PSU/CPU/and mobo and video card if needed.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Found the problem... faulty mobo. When my friend came to my house i tried all my parts on his spare mobo and the PC worked, he then just gave it to me because he felt sorry for me (my eyes were black and i was tired as shit).... wasted a whole night doing isolation tests and etc... Turns out a cheap Asrock mobo is better than a mid range gigabyte one. Tommorow im going to go back to msy and get waranty on my mobo. Okay now im going to sleep... missed a whole night

Can you get your money back for warranty or do they just give you a replacement mobo?

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    You're going to need to test each component separately.

Start by eliminating the PSU. Test your PSU in your old computer (Granted it is compatible).
    Tried everything lol. Thanks for replying if you read my previous post. I tried everything possible in a isolation test (gpu, cpu, ram, power supply and etc.) and i triple checked everything was plugged in.

Thanks for your replies guys and your support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast