Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    /my theory/

Every living being lives under it's parallel universe, everything is the same in each universe but the soul inside the body; each soul has it's parallel universe. Even though that clone would have DNA, fingerprints, looks and all the same as you, his soul would still be a different one.

Thanks
    That's like saying, if you make a copy of a piece of paper, then burn the original, is the copy the burned as well?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Memory is branching so the moment the copy is created it begins experiencing different things than the original. You first need to come up with a way to define what makes a person a person, is it their brain or is there a soul or is it their body or maybe it can be someone with the same memories. Take an intro to philosophy class when you get into a university and you'll go over this exact scenario

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Also go check out John Perry's A Dialogue on Personal Identity and Immortality if you want to actually go more in-depth into this kind of stuff
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    So your theory is that we're separated by what we know and experience. That if there were two 100% identical copies of the same person, on two 100% identical planets in two 100% identical universes, they would be the same person? I find that hard to believe.
    Principle of uncertainty; it's a bitch. Otherwise yes, had there be no differences at all (impossibru^2), they would have been indentical. Derp. There is no spiritual plane, there is no god, there is no soul; deal with it.

Thanks
    Twins are exactly the same in every way, in-fact they're born from the same egg (Identical twins btw). Yet they can act completely differently from one another, I know two twins one is quiet does he work etc, the other is a loud mouthed dick, but you can tell they're from the same family, dress the same way, same accent, same hair etc etc, but completely different personality, no reasons why.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    That's like saying, if you make a copy of a piece of paper, then burn the original, is the copy the burned as well?
    Not exactly. The point of the theory is that consciousness is not barriered by physicality. In the theory with two completely identical people, the question is "Why don't they share the same consciousness?". If one of them gets burned, only one of them will be burned. But the question is; "Why will only one of them feel it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Twins are exactly the same in every way, in-fact they're born from the same egg (Identical twins btw). Yet they can act completely differently from one another, I know two twins one is quiet does he work etc, the other is a loud mouthed dick, but you can tell they're from the same family, dress the same way, same accent, same hair etc etc, but completely different personality, no reasons why.
    They are far to different to be suitable for the positions explained in this theory.
    Last edited by Blitz; 01-15-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks
    Not exactly. The point of the theory is that consciousness is not barriered by physicality. In the theory with two completely identical people, the question is "Why don't they share the same consciousness?". If one of them gets burned, only one of them will be burned. But the question is; "Why will only one of them feel it?"

They are far to different to be suitable for the positions explained in this theory.
    Your theory is all about two people who are identical atomically would they act differently, as we can talk about different other universes and such it has no proof. but if we talk about twins maybe it does, these people are exactly the same in every way except personality. proving that personality is probably devoloped after you're born from your nurture not from your biological nature.

stop derping

Thanks
    They don't share the same consciousness because they are two seperate brains. There is no "soul", its just a bunch of electrical pulses through out our brain that creates whatever we feel and do. We aren't "connected" because there is nothing connecting. They just 2 individual units that are merely the same, but there is nothing connecting them.

Thanks

Your theory is all about two people who are identical atomically would they act differently, as we can talk about different other universes and such it has no proof. but if we talk about twins maybe it does, these people are exactly the same in every way except personality. proving that personality is probably devoloped after you're born from your nurture not from your biological nature.

stop derping
    This has nothing to do with personality. Personality doesn't define who you are. Your twin argument is completely irrelevant, unless you're trying to tell me that twins are 100% atomic copies of each other at birth (which is false). The reason I'm bringing up this impossible situation is because that's the only way to look at it and explain it. It's called a theory. Of course I'm unable to test it, but that doesn't mean it's not worth putting a little thought into. It's not "Will they?", it's "Why will they?".

Either their personality is defined by a physical trait, where they would be different physically (rendering your argument invalid), or their personalities are different for some reason beyond physicality (also rendering your argument invalid).
    Last edited by Blitz; 01-15-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Thanks
    This has nothing to do with personality. Personality doesn't define who you are. Your twin argument is completely irrelevant, unless you're trying to tell me that twins are 100% atomic copies of each other at birth (which is false). The reason I'm bringing up this impossible situation is because that's the only way to look at it and explain it. It's called a theory. Of course I'm unable to test it, but that doesn't mean it's not worth putting a little thought into. It's not "Will they?", it's "Why will they?".

Either their personality is defined by a physical trait, where they would be different physically (rendering your argument invalid), or their personalities are different for some reason beyond physicality (also rendering your argument invalid).
    No you idiot, they are atomically exactly the same... They were born from the SAME egg and thus have the SAME genetic build up the SAME finger prints the SAME everything. And my argument is that their personality's are different because they have been brought up slightly differently although being in the same household.

And if they aren't exactly the same they're called non-identical twins which are twins who are born when two eggs are released not one splitting.

Thanks

No you idiot, they are atomically exactly the same... They were born from the SAME egg and thus have the SAME genetic build up the SAME finger prints the SAME everything. And my argument is that their personality's are different because they have been brought up slightly differently although being in the same household.

And if they aren't exactly the same they're called non-identical twins which are twins who are born when two eggs are released not one splitting.
    Twin Differences - Why Identical Twins Are Different

Thanks
    Derp, did you read it?

Thanks

Derp, did you read it?
    Of course I did. What's your point? Twins have key differences from birth, so they're already rendered irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.
    Last edited by Blitz; 01-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    if they both have exact molecular structure, then the molecules that make one think will make the other think. but will eventually become different, because they both cant be at the same space at the same time. If one stands on a needle and bleed, he might say fuck, while the other say sorry.
    I just like programming, that is all.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12