Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Muslims, how America sees them

America has an unsteady relationship with Muslims ever since the reported terrorist groups in the Middle East and The sad story of 9/11.
    But in reality, Muslims look down on Al-Qaeda and other terrorists groups. It is stated in the Qur'an that killing is not accepted, but there are a few violent verses that terrorists and extremists misunderstood. Like one of the verses was to "kill all the infidels". This verse was written during war time and does not apply to modern society. About 80% of Muslims choose to follow only the peaceful verses. Also Judaism,Christianity, and Islam believe in the SAME GOD, so that means hurting a Jew,Muslim, or Christian is wrong in the eyes of God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by dharoak View Post
    America has an unsteady relationship with Muslims ever since the reported terrorist groups in the Middle East and The sad story of 9/11.
    But in reality, Muslims look down on Al-Qaeda and other terrorists groups. It is stated in the Qur'an that killing is not accepted, but there are a few violent verses that terrorists and extremists misunderstood. Like one of the verses was to "kill all the infidels". This verse was written during war time and does not apply to modern society. About 80% of Muslims choose to follow only the peaceful verses. Also Judaism,Christianity, and Islam believe in the SAME GOD, so that means hurting a Jew,Muslim, or Christian is wrong in the eyes of God.
    It's true i am a muslim and people started to hate me

Thanks
    No worries bro, im not a hater

Thanks
    Very true, but even tho 9/11 was sad and we all wish it didnt happen i kinda see it like this as americans what did we think was llgoin to happen U.S joined the war *some say just to get oil and what not* , In terrorist eyes america came, fought ,stole, and turned some of there people christian ..And if you join a war between to people and your killing there people, blowing up there home ect (Al-Qaeda) how could expect them not to come to our turf and try to fight back ..Im NOT at all saying its right BUT still....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    It is stated in the Qur'an that killing is not accepted.
    Islam incorporates the ultimate devaluation of non-Muslims in the most obvious way by teaching that while a Muslim may be punished with death for murdering a fellow Muslim (Bukhari 83:17), no Muslim can be put to death for killing a non-Muslim (Bukhari 83:50). The Quran’s "Law of Equality," which assigns human value and rights based on gender, religion and status, is the polar opposite of equality in the sense intended by Western liberal tradition, which ideally respects no such distinction.

Muslim dominance is characterized by the oppression and discrimination of non-Muslims, while Muslim minorities within larger societies are distinguished by varying degrees of petulant demand, discord and armed rebellion. Few Muslims are uncomfortable with this blatant double standard, in which Islam either plays the victim or unapologetically victimizes others, depending on its position of power - and the reason is obvious.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-20-2012 at 05:44 PM.

END THE FED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RJ For This Useful Post:

Sir Nathan (01-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    About 80% of Muslims choose to follow only the peaceful verses. Also Judaism,Christianity, and Islam believe in the SAME GOD, so that means hurting a Jew,Muslim, or Christian is wrong in the eyes of God.
    Ok just so you know, 20% of such a huge population is a major issue.
    -Though i highly doubt that since well, 85% of muslims now live in third world countries.

Lets also get this out of the way: Muslims do not have the same god as christians and jews do. Thats just a lie. Muslims do not believe in jesus as the son of god, and jews sure as hell don't think muhammed was god's last prophet.(especially with the jewish segregation thanks to islam).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think more so than not, muslims are looked at as "idiots" in the religious community. Their beliefs are just as out there as mormons, but they have a lot more radicals. They tend to be more angry about little things than any other religion i can name off of the top of my head. Its almost pathetic how angry they get over little things.

Also like to note most americans know about islam and its faults since 9/11. That did not come into focus almost at all until then.

@sniperboy33: No. You are wrong. First off 9/11 came before the "war on terrorism". If you were suggesting the gulf war, you are also wrong. That was completely reactionary to Iraq's invasion of kuwait.
    ---------

Thanks
    They do behlive in the same god, they just have diffrent views on prophets, and dont belive in the trinity. does mean its not same god cause there is, Theres only one GoD...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperboy33 View Post
    They do behlive in the same god, they just have diffrent views on prophets, and dont belive in the trinity. does mean its not same god cause there is, Theres only one GoD...
    How do you not get this.

Christians believe jesus/holy spirit are god. Muslims do not.
    Jews do not believe god spoke to muhammed, so it cannot be the same god.

By saying they are the same god, you basically are admitting you don't understand the basics of all the religions.

Thanks
    They are all monotheists religion. One God, but how they view their God is almost the same except for a few differences, as for the prophets: Jesus,Muhammad,Adam, Abraham, etc. each religion believes that a prophet brought the word of God to the regular people. Also, The Torah, Bible, and the Qur'an are almost the same with minor changes in phrases.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Torah, Bible, and the Qur'an are almost the same with minor changes in phrases.
    The Quran meets every criterion by which we define hate speech. Not only does the message inspire loathing and disregard for others, but the text mandates the superiority of Islam, even if the means of establishment are by force. The Quran plainly tells Muslims that they are a favored race, while those of other religions are “perverted transgressors”. According to the Quran, Christians and Jews are not considered fully human in that the penalty for killing one of them is limited to one-third of the compensation due for unintentionally killing a Muslim.

The bible, does not do this... Christianity teaches that God loves all people.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    They are all monotheists religion. One God, but how they view their God is almost the same except for a few differences, as for the prophets: Jesus,Muhammad,Adam, Abraham, etc. each religion believes that a prophet brought the word of God to the regular people. Also, The Torah, Bible, and the Qur'an are almost the same with minor changes in phrases.
    Let me explain this simply: there is a different god in all the monotheist religions.
    -Just because 1 god is involved does not mean they are the same "god".
    ---------------------------------------------

Ok let me also explain this AGAIN in the same thread: no one but muslims believe in muhammed at all. No one but christians believe jesus was the son of god.
    ------------------

The torah, bible, quran are EXTREMELY different:

1. The torah does not consist of the new testament. ONLY followed by jews.
    2. The new testament is pretty much christianity in a nutshell. ONLY followed by christians.
    3. The quran is Islam in a nutshell. ONLY followed by muslims.

Thanks
    Forget this, I quit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Muslim religion encourages hatred, spite and violence. Western civilization does not support this idea (we have something here in the West called 'ethics of a society', not sure if heard of in the Middle East).
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    Even tho I'm Muslim the terrorist jokes people say about me dont offend me. It just annoys me and that's it. People think that all Muslims are bad yet only some are.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Forget this, I quit
    "And so he walks through his teenage years pretending to know something about religion while secretly everyone laughs at him for his stupidity."
    -n00bs incarnate.

Anyway, feel free to look this stuff up on your own and always remember, keep an open mind!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast