Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

How to PvP on a Retribution Paladin

Alrighty so I have been playing World of Warcraft since Pre-BC and granted since the cataclysm expansion the Ret pallies have become a little more.. Interesting so play. I have learned a few loopholes and few little tricks to increase your damage in PvP. First off since season 11 and 12 is in full bloom im going to give recommended gear stats that you SHOULD have when you first start.

GEAR
    First of you will want to have saved up roughly 2-3k gold. If your going to go full on PvP i suggest doing the following:
    Buy the FULL Vicious Pyrium Set. (On my realm it is pretty expensive. full set costs around 3.5-4k gold)
    Buy the VICIOUS Accessories (Rings, Neck)
    -NOTE: If your a blacksmith and you have max mining this makes it a whole lot cheaper (practically free except more time consuming farming the mats)
    All this gear should put you at around 2.5K resilience (Damage Reduction From Player Attacks) -DOES NOT AFFECT NPC ATTACKS ON YOU!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________GETTING STARTED
    Now that you've gotten your gear set up it's time to go PWN some noobs.
    Step 1: Rack up 3500 Honor Points to get your Weapon (Ruthless Gladiator's Weapon)
    ^NOTE: Weapon MUST come first. It is essential to increasing your DPS(Damage Per Second) and makes you more likely to kill faster and gain Honor faster.
    Step 2: Get your strength trinket. This will be needed in step 3. Your strength trinket is called Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    STEP 3: Make the following macro:
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Zealotry
    /cast Inquisition
    /cast Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    ^NOTE: Since paladins in the Cataclysm patch have become more of a sustained damage class instead of the usual BURST. This macro will help up your burst damage so if you get in a situation thats 2v1 or low health pop this macro at 3 HOLY POWER and it will give you that extra boost. Don't use it under 3 holy power its a waste of a 2min CD on trinket and 3min CD on Zealotry.
    Step 4: Work on your accessories (Ruthless Rings, Neck, Belt, Bracer, Boots.) They dont cost much honor and give a damage and resilience boost.
    Step 5: Then work on your Set Pieces (Chest,head,Shoulders,Legs,Gloves.)
    ROTATION
    The rotation I use is quite effective but I will admit it is probably not the best out there. It is as follows:
    (If more than 15 yards away) Cast Judgement. If talents are specced right (I am not sure if I can give you link to my WoWArmory character MPGH Staff please confirm if I can or not.) It will give you a boost of speed for 8 seconds. This allows you to get to the target immediately. so it goes Judgement>Crusader Strike> Holy Wrath (AoE Spell just for extra Damage)Crusader Strike> Judgement > Conssecration (Also for Extra Damage) Crusader Strike > Then since you should be at 3 Holy Power proc the macro i told you to set up in STEP 3. ( If you are low health do not cast Templars Verdict. if you want to stay alive cast Word of Glory.) whn you run out of Holy Power just cast your Crusader strike and the Zealotry that was casted in your macro will make it so You have 3 full holy power. Thats when you cast Templars Verdict.
    (RACIAL)
    I play a Human Ret Paladin so the Racial Ability (Every man for Himself) is basically a substitute for the Medallion or Insignia Of the Alliance.
    I Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. If it Helps the thanks button is never too far away! Come PM me in-game on Justapal - Bladefist if you have any more questions you can also shoot me a PM here on the site and i will try to help as much as possible.
    Happy Hunting!
    To DO list:
    DONE: NOT DONE:
    Get Kicked while not hacking:
    Get kicked while hacking:
    Get banned from CA:
    Code a hack:
    Buy VIP:
    get 10 posts:
    get 100 posts:
    get 500 posts:
    get 1000 posts:
    Get thanked:
    Make a Goal List:
    JOIN THE MILITARY SCHOOL TODAY

Thanks
    The best thing about a retri pala, is that you have 2 stuns instandly!
    Plateamor, holydamage and heal! Best class in game