Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbie View Post

maybe if you knew more it was a pretty good action...
    but I am not going to say it
    I read the story, still think its a geek war.
    I know more than u think

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkafisking View Post
    I read the story, still think its a geek war.
    I know more than u think
    hehe, you think?
    well let's stop this discussion we are both right
    I love it when people keep their agreements /sarcasm ftw

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    The newest update seems to be host blocking teknogods.com so anyone using aIW cant visit their site... I also caught this:

Code:
    67	30.540484	192.168.1.26	192.168.1.1	DNS	77	Standard query A https://www.teknogods.com
    Last edited by House; 02-10-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    oh crap! it does contain malware??! luckily i never played it yet
    "You said 'I love you', and I said too.
    The only difference is, I didn't lie to you."

Successful Trades: 204
    Middle Man'd: 67
    BLACKLIST:
    Stevie9090, ProHackTB, combatarms1993, sp33dkill3r,
    Markalot, Yomo710, -Nice-, kernie891
    /Add me on MSN \: x7sinsx@live.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    The newest update seems to be host blocking teknogods.com so anyone using aIW cant visit their site... I also caught this:

Code:
    67	30.540484	192.168.1.26	192.168.1.1	DNS	77	Standard query A https://www.teknogods.com
    Nope, they blocked most people using aIW..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aIW|Convery For This Useful Post:

House (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aIW|Convery View Post
    Nope, they blocked most people using aIW..
    Tbh, if someone was Ddosing my site, I'd do all I could to protect it..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Technofags are just crying all the time. First it's us hacking their servers, then we are DDOSing, bribing feds to investigate their site and now we are a botnet.. But ye, if you want to go cheat on their servers instead then who am I to stop you =P

Also, everything is taken out of context in an attempt to slander aIW. Hence the "I advice you to stay far away from alterIW! [and play on my service instead]".. Not to mention that I personally find it funny that the guy who are always shouting about how he's making an original project and wants donations for it REs every aIW file whenever it updates, for no reason of course as he's making his own version from scratch, right?

I mean, it's not like he had a service just like aIW that he was going to release when enough people had donated to him and then never managed to release anything remotely useful.. and it's not like it took him 6 months to get a MW3 server semi-working while it took aIW 6 days..
    So there's no real reason for all the hate..

MaxDamage says different...
    Dear Community,

In light of the events that took place in the last few days, I would like to clarify certain accusations that TeknoGods and possibly other groups have directed toward our project. (Here)

There was indeed a function in iw5m.dll which sent requests to teknogods.com on port 80, as TeknoGods have alleged. The number of requests sent were 1 each second, quite lower than that of an actual flood. This happened because of a possible way to commit client changes without supervision, which allowed NTAuthority to upload the malicious code directly on the client cache, causing a major update. This was done without the knowledge of the rest of the Development team or Administration. As I mentioned, the severity of this flood is quite low and by my calculations, can account for only part of the load on TeknoGods.com; please excuse me if these are incorrect.

Regarding the IRC connectivity, this is indeed a test for an in-game IRC client, as the one in IW4M1, however, we also tested functionality in limiting the users connected at once on #alterIWNet (and other channels) to prevent possible abuse.

We do understand that alterIWNet and TeknoGods target different audiences and we are not in direct competition with each other.

I would like to apologise, on behalf of the Administration, to the alterIWNet community and to TeknoGods for this incident. Rest assured that appropriate measures have been taken to make sure such incidents do not recur.

The alterIWNet Staff does not condone or endorse such activity. Should you find anything in future that causes you to think your privacy or security is compromised, feel free to report it to admin@alteriw.net or on IRC, by clicking the Chat tab on the main page and selecting Community.

Addendum:

There are some "logs" of me floating around, speaking to a person regarding installing rootkits on aIW clients. Such activities, as mentioned above, are not condoned nor endorsed by myself or the rest of the alterIWNet staff. The logs are fabricated and do not reflect reality. Additionally, I can't code at all, and don't have direct access to the updater cache, so there's no way for me to do this.

The person spreading the logs hates the aIW project, and the Call of Duty series, and has threatened on more than one occasion to "destroy" us. In fact, part of the reason the logs are being spread is that convery "called him a bad troll". I can post logs as proof of it, but we all know how much of a conclusive piece of evidence those can be.

I assure that alterIWNet will always be malware free, as can be confirmed by major antiviral software.
    Seems that Teknogods were right and AIW did have malware... i lost alot of respect for AIW that day...

Thanks
    With mentally unstable kid like NT this are the things you should expect. Recently someone took time to put his "crisis's" together and it does seems like a troubled kid. Too bad no one cares to help him. Ohh well lets wait someone to offer him money for this quite naive userbase, cause lets face it kids that enjoy free shit wouldn't mind a rootkit,trojan or free participation in a botnet.

Thanks
    I still can't believed how surprised everyone is about this "incident". He removed data from people's computers (Minecraft world saves) and everyone was bitching about it for a couple days, but didn't care afterwards.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Damn.Yep,that's all I got to say.
    I hate hipsters.[IMG]https://i587.photobucke*****m/albums/ss315/ReverseBladesbucket/Forum%20Use/1239037127536.png[/IMG]
    I love trollin' chicks.
    This haiku is so exicting.
    Oh jelly,it's not a haiku.

INB4 BLOCK INB4TROLL INB4 HIPSTER INB4 NOOB zing.

You liked that did'nt you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    @House That was NTAs idea of a 'joke' and was in the code for a day and a half. The reason for this was because Teknofrauds cried about us DDOSing them for a whole week to cover up that their server couldn't even handle 100 players at the same time and to get attention as 'a competitor aIW has to do everything they can to compete with'. So NTA decided he wanted to show them what load really is and added that which was removed 32 hours later.

We have openly apologized for that thread being in the code as no one but NTA knew about it, but Teknofrauds wont stop there and constantly claim that we are a huge botnet while linking to the posts about the DDOS where Jerbob says "it's true" to further establish those claims and accusations. His other 'proof' is users joining the IRC channel via aMW3, this is a feature that has been in aIW for almost a year but as soon as it's added to aMW3 it's concrete proof of being part of a botnet.
    It's worth noting that when ingame IRC was tested for aMW2 the users automatically joined the channel, exactly like how it was done today.

All in all, if aIW would have been a botnet and we actually cared for his tiny project we could have kept his site down without any problems. In the old thread where some accused aIW of being a botnet because the client can receive commands from admins (kick user, print to console etc.) we calculated that aIW as a botnet would have a rough 270GB/s worth of upload speed. I can't think of any site that can handle that, yet here we are explaining instead of silencing everyone that is annoying.

Again, if you want to cheat on a service with no anti-cheat or you're just falling for their propaganda then by all means go cheat on their service. aIW couldn't care less for what some cheaters believe as, let's be honest here, most cheaters here are kids that will believe anything. If I claimed that the Teknofrauds site is run by enchanted gerbils then quite a few would probably regard that as a fact.
    Some of those kids wanted to head shoot you sometimes ago...Remember? :3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Elio View Post
    Some of those kids wanted to head shoot you sometimes ago...Remember? :3
    Not really, they probably got bored when they saw the queue :3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12