Thread: Tag Battle CNC

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Tag Battle CNC

CNC please, what should i have done too make this better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    59u82w.png  

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Was good enough to beat your opponent.
    not a huge fan of the color usage, and over all the tag could use more pop.
    C4d composition is pretty decent. Bubbles need moar glow.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Looks pretty monotone should have had more color diversity. C4d composition is alright though but personally I think its a little crowded. Another thing is the effect c4ds you used you really just threw them on, they deteriorate the quality by quite a large amount actually they don't add a lot to the piece and rather take away. I really feel like you could have used them better had you simply placed them differently and manipulated them more to add some lighting or pizzazz to your piece. The tag in terms of lighting isn't that great its not super realistic but that's not exactly the problem considering the environment; you did an alright job with the brightness but the general use of lighting to create some depth and dimension isn't really there at all it all seems very flat. In my opinion you could have added more detail because most of what is present in the tag is just c4d work and I have to say the general placement of every c4d isn't bad its just that a lot of basic elements are missing or lacking in some way. When you make a tag try and look at it to see what's wrong with it while still in the process of making it always consider where your light is coming from so that you can alter the lighted areas to make it better and to darken some of the areas that shouldn't be highlighted; use different tools such as : burn,dodge,brushing,filter layers[with masking] to make this happen. Keep in mind the type of environment you are trying to make within your tag keep in mind all the elements that are going to be included in the piece and their position in space in order to better create a sense of depth like making some objects in your background and others in the foreground appear different and by this make all your work better more professional and of better quality. If you're going to use some effects don't always use them as is, change them and manipulated them to your advantage and to your preferred manner. If you have some effect c4ds and they seems too crowed you can always use some level or curves adjustments to change that also erase so that they do not become obtrusive to your focal or another part of your tag. Never use too many adjustment layers that have to do with color at least if you don't know how to use them effectively. In most cases the quality of many things will deter because of the large quantity of hue changes that you made and that is just how it goes I can see that a lot in this piece mostly in the effects surrounding the render they lot pretty pixelated and just make everything else look the same by comparison. Also put effort and work into defining your focal more; in this one it isn't such an important issue because of the large render but if you make your tag this monochromatic and fail to change the lighting it really could be a different story. Draw attention to your focal by means of light and effects. You don't want to have many effects somewhere far from your render and you don't want one of your main light sources somewhere not close to your render vision tends to stray away and looks towards the most alluring area.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroaplt View Post
    Looks pretty monotone should have had more color diversity. C4d composition is alright though but personally I think its a little crowded. Another thing is the effect c4ds you used you really just threw them on, they deteriorate the quality by quite a large amount actually they don't add a lot to the piece and rather take away. I really feel like you could have used them better had you simply placed them differently and manipulated them more to add some lighting or pizzazz to your piece. The tag in terms of lighting isn't that great its not super realistic but that's not exactly the problem considering the environment; you did an alright job with the brightness but the general use of lighting to create some depth and dimension isn't really there at all it all seems very flat. In my opinion you could have added more detail because most of what is present in the tag is just c4d work and I have to say the general placement of every c4d isn't bad its just that a lot of basic elements are missing or lacking in some way. When you make a tag try and look at it to see what's wrong with it while still in the process of making it always consider where your light is coming from so that you can alter the lighted areas to make it better and to darken some of the areas that shouldn't be highlighted; use different tools such as : burn,dodge,brushing,filter layers[with masking] to make this happen. Keep in mind the type of environment you are trying to make within your tag keep in mind all the elements that are going to be included in the piece and their position in space in order to better create a sense of depth like making some objects in your background and others in the foreground appear different and by this make all your work better more professional and of better quality. If you're going to use some effects don't always use them as is, change them and manipulated them to your advantage and to your preferred manner. If you have some effect c4ds and they seems too crowed you can always use some level or curves adjustments to change that also erase so that they do not become obtrusive to your focal or another part of your tag. Never use too many adjustment layers that have to do with color at least if you don't know how to use them effectively. In most cases the quality of many things will deter because of the large quantity of hue changes that you made and that is just how it goes I can see that a lot in this piece mostly in the effects surrounding the render they lot pretty pixelated and just make everything else look the same by comparison. Also put effort and work into defining your focal more; in this one it isn't such an important issue because of the large render but if you make your tag this monochromatic and fail to change the lighting it really could be a different story. Draw attention to your focal by means of light and effects. You don't want to have many effects somewhere far from your render and you don't want one of your main light sources somewhere not close to your render vision tends to stray away and looks towards the most alluring area.
    Obviously mad bro.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Matt (02-12-2012),Mauled (02-12-2012),Nitehawk772 (02-24-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Obviously mad bro.
    Are you serious right now eth?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Please use paragraphs

Too monochrome.

The end
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I like it alot actually. Looks great.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    could pop a little more like ethereal said, from too monochromatic like keropalt said, interesting color choices, a little too messy for my taste (too many C4D) but that is just me it looks really really good
    War does not determine who is right- only who is left.

Skype User ID: cade*****legrove