Thanks

Any other way of dealing with payment, trying to avoid paypal...

Paypal has been terrible to me when i used it over 3 years ago. Last time i used it someone charged back on a decked WoW account and it was when blizzard was switching to their new battle.net account systems and i got screwed over pretty badly.

If anyone has any success dealing with other payment methods please let me know, im thinking about selling something on this site and would like to avoid paypal very much. Would an extended middle man transaction with a u.s. post office money order work?

Thanks for the halp

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    AlertPay would be the better alternative, though it's less known and thus not being used as much as PayPal
    Middlemen are not going to receive any PayPal payments either, as the risks of chargebacks would be on them that way

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    AlertPay would be the better alternative, though it's less known and thus not being used as much as PayPal
    Middlemen are not going to receive any PayPal payments either, as the risks of chargebacks would be on them that way
    Second this. AlertPay works really well, although for the moment it hasn't been adapted to wide spread use. I also believe there are middleman services that allow consumers to pay through paypal (and other services), but the middlemen pay you themselves. Check out these links:
    Sell Online using 2Checkout
    Monetization as-a-Service | UltimatePay | Ultimate Game Card | PlaySpan Marketplace
    Last edited by Blitz; 02-12-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    AlertPay is plagued with issues, has bad support and I generally dislike it. If you want something that has no chargebacks, no bullshit and is reliable give Moneybookers a shot. It used to be quite popular a couple of years back, dunno why they went out of the spotlight recently.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    AlertPay is plagued with issues, has bad support and I generally dislike it. If you want something that has no chargebacks, no bullshit and is reliable give Moneybookers a shot. It used to be quite popular a couple of years back, dunno why they went out of the spotlight recently.
    True, the support Moneybookers offers isn't that great either though, heard someone once had to wait three weeks for a reply.
    Also, all operations will be executed in the currency you choose when registering; can't be changed.

Overall both AlertPay and Moneybookers should be more reliable than PayPal though, they're just less commonly used

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    True, the support Moneybookers offers isn't that great either though, heard someone once had to wait three weeks for a reply.
    Also, all operations will be executed in the currency you choose when registering; can't be changed.

Overall both AlertPay and Moneybookers should be more reliable than PayPal though, they're just less commonly used
    That I have to disagree with. There's a reason Paypal is so popular - it's the most reliable, affordable and has the best support. It just has chargebacks, which can be a bitch when dealing with illegal trading

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    That I have to disagree with. There's a reason Paypal is so popular - it's the most reliable, affordable and has the best support. It just has chargebacks, which can be a bitch when dealing with illegal trading
    PayPal definitely isn't the "most reliable" for any smalltime sellers, whether they're dealing with illegal goods or not. I've gotten so much shit from Paypal, randomly locking down my accounts (even when my account had money on it).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    PayPal definitely isn't the "most reliable" for any smalltime sellers, whether they're dealing with illegal goods or not. I've gotten so much shit from Paypal, randomly locking down my accounts (even when my account had money on it).
    > implying others don't?

I've probably sold, bought and resold a greater value of goods than anyone itt and I've never had issues with Paypal. I've done everything from legitimately doing IT jobs (the Paypal wasn't mine, but it was Paypal nonetheless) and from reselling everything from RS accounts to game keys / codes. Although I did prefer Moneybookers due to the lack of chargebacks, even these were avoidable in the past (dunno if they still are, I don't have time to run such businesses any more).

I had some issues with WU once and that was about it.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, ill check out alert pay and moneybookers, there almost no way im going to use paypal. I just feel like its a terrible option after having to pay their fees for so long just to lose a depute after getting scammed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfamond View Post
    Thanks for the replies, ill check out alert pay and moneybookers, there almost no way im going to use paypal. I just feel like its a terrible option after having to pay their fees for so long just to lose a depute after getting scammed.
    Alright. Suppose this is solved then. Leave me a visitor message if you want it re-opened.