Thanks

[Suggestion] Anonymous Posting Section

Zoints Anonymous Posting - Improved privacy for members - Page 11 - vBulletin.org Forum

It's a VB3.7 addon, but it's been confirmed to work fine with VB4 (see comments). It would be really cool if we could have a section for anonymous discussion ourselves (probably as a subsection of General). Post count should probably be disabled and a firm set of rules would obviously be established. What do you think?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I can see this being an abusefest/flamefest. NTY

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (02-13-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I can see this being an abusefest/flamefest. NTY
    Eh. It looks that way, I guess -- but considering staff can easily check who makes which posts, it's only a matter of creating rules and dealing with the users that break them. I just thought it'd be an entertaining gimmick for a section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    > people can check who posted

Beats the point. And as Dave said, it would abused as fuck imo. We have a debate section for more serious stuff and look how it turned out...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post

Beats the point. And as Dave said, it would abused as fuck imo. We have a debate section for more serious stuff and look how it turned out...
    General Minions + Upper Staff. That's like, roughly eight users, versus the otherwise >million who could see it. How does it defeat the purpose?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    General Minions + Upper Staff. That's like, roughly eight users, versus the otherwise >million who could see it. How does it defeat the purpose?
    Obviously you have no clue how fast news spreads around MPGH. Anyways Dave already said it won't happen, case closed?

Thanks
    Obviously you have no clue how fast news spreads around MPGH. Anyways Dave already said it won't happen, case closed?
    I'd rather keep it open for discussion since Dave didn't close it, thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm a thug in the Debate section bro.

On topic: Pointless idea. As a former all time troll champion I can see it getting abused.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    There's absolutely no point to this. If you can check who posted what, it's not anonymous. If it's put out, people will end up racking up infractions and new users will try to spam it thinking it'll raise their post count like dumbasses.

Also, what the hell is the point of this? It's completely useless. If you're so afraid to say something through a name on the internet, where no one knows who you are, then you're just a pussy. This is the ultimate form of being a scared bitch. Hell, we talk openly about CLASS ONE DRUGS here, if there's really anything that's worth being anonymous for with posting, it shouldn't even be considered being posted for the possibility of the website being shut down.

No point to this whatsoever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    There's absolutely no point to this. If you can check who posted what, it's not anonymous. If it's put out, people will end up racking up infractions and new users will try to spam it thinking it'll raise their post count like dumbasses.

Also, what the hell is the point of this? It's completely useless. If you're so afraid to say something through a name on the internet, where no one knows who you are, then you're just a pussy. This is the ultimate form of being a scared bitch. Hell, we talk openly about CLASS ONE DRUGS here, if there's really anything that's worth being anonymous for with posting, it shouldn't even be considered being posted for the possibility of the website being shut down.

No point to this whatsoever.
    “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” ~ Oscar Wilde

Anonymous discussion is very popular over the internet (see: image board). I openly talk about relationship problems, involvement with the FBI and confront issues with other users all under my name. The point of it wasn't to keep our names protected so we could talk about anything illegal. Anonymity would open us up for unbiased discussion, where we could talk about things and get replies that don't have anything to do with who we actually are. I feel that if done right, it could have been a very enjoyable aspect of the site and may have even attracted new users. Preventing abuse would be very easy, forum leaders could easily make sure none of the lower staff with the ability to check who posts what anonymous content had their identity disclosed. But, I suppose these are just issues some of you refuse to look past, so I see that this has a very slim chance of actually being implemented. Closed.