Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Are you kidding me right now?

I never denied talking about Islam in general..nor did I deny talking about sects.
    Islamic sects are not simply "denominations," if that word is understood to mean various valid approaches to the same religion. Members of one Islamic group do not usually recognize members of other groups as fellow Muslims, and open conflict between sects is not uncommon.

example: Ibadi Muslims‎,Kharijites‎, Quranist Muslims‎ , Shi'a Muslims‎, Sufis‎, Sunni Muslims‎

So basically you're telling me because I didn't state something about them in the OP,
    that I'm not allowed to discuss them later on in an argument when it's presented to me?
    That seems pretty ridiculous.

Now, just because there are different sects or groups of Muslims doesn't mean that the Qur'ran itself is completely different.
    It means that they practice in a different way. So I am again talking about Islam as a whole too.
    Do you get it now? Do you see how I can discuss both sects and Islam as whole and not be contradicting myself like you say?
    So what's your point? What's your argument? Islam is not peaceful because the Qur'ran supposedly advocates violence? What's the point of bringing up different sects if your just going to say the Qur'ran is essentially the same for different sects?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    So what's your point? What's your argument? Islam is not peaceful because the Qur'ran supposedly advocates violence? What's the point of bringing up different sects if your just going to say the Qur'ran is essentially the same for different sects?
    The point I was trying to convey to you was that it wasn't just Islam attacking infidels,
    or people invading their country. That they also wage violence amongst themselves.
    Like all religions it's fundamentally flawed, but I feel Islam is more than others,
    considering that the violence aren't just isolated incidents, but are extremely abundant in the Middle East.
    I understand there are peaceful Muslims, but even still..extremists still represent Islam..
    and it's not really my call to say if they're following their own book right or wrong..
    I will say that I've read the Qur'an and I can completely understand how some verses can be interpreted to go either violent or non-violent.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    woah lawdy lawd..it seems this thread has gone in all sorts of directions...

if you need to argue like this as a warning (as posted before considering this is infract bait) i would suggest to keep it to vms..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Religion has ruined many things in this world, and the reality is right there.
    But no human has simply seen the reality, because we're too focused on what we think is correct.
    Atheism could be the right way.
    Perhaps Christianity is.
    But I'm not one to argue about religion... Because I'm extremely ignorant in the subject.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    @Jilly personal I do believe there is a maker of the Universe. Which Jesus Christ the holy ghost and living spirit. I don't get you Atheists seriously. You think all of this stuff was formed outta no where or the big bang theory. God is your creator.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post
    @Jilly personal I do believe there is a maker of the Universe. Which Jesus Christ the holy ghost and living spirit. I don't get you Atheists seriously. You think all of this stuff was formed outta no where or the big bang theory. God is your creator.
    Then what made god =/
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Then what made god =/
    I know it's hard to believe. But God was in this universe from the beginning. Nothing make God.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I know it's hard to believe. But God was in this universe from the beginning. Nothing make God.
    Ok so if you think god was always here, why don't we cut out the middle man and say the universe was always here?
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ok so if you think god was always here, why don't we cut out the middle man and say the universe was always here?
    I don't know what you mean when you say middleman, can you repeat your question please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I don't know what you mean when you say middleman, can you repeat your question please.
    I mean, if you believe god was always here, why can't we just say the universe was always here insted of saying god created it?

-Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I mean, if you believe god was always here, why can't we just say the universe was always here insted of saying god created it?
    God came before the universe. The universe was a creation from God. I gift to US. It's not like the Universe created us, think of it that way. God>Universe>Man

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

God came before the universe. The universe was a creation from God. I gift to US. It's not like the Universe created us, think of it that way. God>Universe>Man
    So your saying, sense god created the universe, he must have also created the universal laws like gravity and shit like that. If you are saying that, then he must be able to break those laws seeing as he can make it rain non-stop for 40 days. If you are saying he can break his own laws then he must be omnipotent yes? If he is omnipotent let me ask you this. Can god create an object he can't move?

-Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    So your saying, sense god created the universe, he must have also created the universal laws like gravity and shit like that. If you are saying that, then he must be able to break those laws seeing as he can make it rain non-stop for 40 days. If you are saying he can break his own laws then he must be omnipotent yes? If he is omnipotent let me ask you this. Can god create an object he can't move?
    God gives use the wisdom and knowledge to make these things. God can only do so much.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

God gives use the wisdom and knowledge to make these things. God can only do so much.
    You didn't answer my question.

-Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast