Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Personally, in my own opinion: Freedom and Rights are completely fictional.

But for the sake of YOUR point and not just dismissing it, I went on as if they were. You have to understand, what you are saying is that someone is making laws and such with malicious intent.

This leaves two options for my response:

1. No they aren't. They are not so much as trying to take away your freedom like some evil mastermind, as they are protecting the special interest groups. Even then it is really just in response to certain activities or events that took place. They are not totally out of the blue here(random). You see playing this out as some sort of government plot to restrict the "freedoms" of all the citizens.....is a bit well, wrong. It goes without saying that they need not even use these laws to do anything they want anyway, so its not like they actually need to make them. Also, the "bit by bit" theory is so pointless its based on a theory that the government will slowly bit by bit take away our freedoms. Not true, i mean for the longest time, centuries, america has been getting more equality for the greater majority of its people.

2. Yeah they totally are!!! *do nothing just like you* ok well that was fun.
    Once again, you're taking everything I post out of context and attempting to paint a different picture.
    Freedom is as real as people want it to be. If you just sit back and don't do anything to draw attention to real issues,
    that's when things such as freedom begin to get exploited.
    We have all seen what more government does to other countries.
    It's our job as Americans to preserve what makes America great in the first place.
    Also, you don't have a clue about what I do.You just assume that I sit around and do nothing.
    That couldn't be any further from the truth. That's all. I'm done here.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Once again, you're taking everything I post out of context and attempting to paint a different picture.
    Freedom is as real as people want it to be. If you just sit back and don't do anything to draw attention to real issues,
    that's when things such as freedom begin to get exploited.
    We have all seen what more government does to other countries.
    It's our job as Americans to preserve what makes America great in the first place.
    Also, you don't have a clue about what I do.You just assume that I sit around and do nothing.
    That couldn't be any further from the truth. That's all. I'm done here.
    As real as people want it to be means not real.

And yeah, i do know you do nothing because you can't do anything lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

As real as people want it to be means not real.

And yeah, i do know you do nothing because you can't do anything lol.
    Really? No you will do nothing.
    There is plenty that can be done, even if people have to get hurt or die in the process.
    You just keep living in your little bubble while people that actually care do all the work.
    For the people by the people = Freedom.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Really? No you will do nothing.
    There is plenty that can be done, even if people have to get hurt or die in the process.
    You just keep living in your little bubble while people that actually care do all the work.
    For the people by the people = Freedom.
    So what are you doing about this btw? Cus i love to hear the stories people tell.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

So what are you doing about this btw? Cus i love to hear the stories people tell.
    I pass out literature and Documentaries at my college, every other weekend I do the same thing in downtown Philadelphia,
    I've been an active member of the Sons of Liberty for almost 3 years now, I write to local statesman and Congress.
    I talk to as many people as I can about the direction we're heading if things do not change.
    There are still Congress and House reps that aren't corrupted and those are the people we need to be our voices.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I pass out literature and Documentaries at my college, every other weekend I do the same thing in downtown Philadelphia,
    I've been an active member of the Sons of Liberty for almost 3 years now, I write to local statesman and Congress.
    I talk to as many people as I can about the direction we're heading if things do not change.
    There are still Congress and House reps that aren't corrupted and those are the people we need to be our voices.
    Hate to break it to yah, but "spreading the word" is........well its terribly inefficient to be frank.

You see the best you could do would be a politician yourself. That way you yourself become the person to change things and not rely on those who might be corrupted. Not easily done, hell probably impossible but thats basically the best option "available".

But you chose the......well the......hmmm how do i say this.......propaganda route?

Basically your way is the same way of every politician since dawn, spread newspapers on your view and be done. As great as this may seem to you that you are for a cause and it is a good one. (and it may be)>

In the end your just passing out pamphlets that people will either ingore, disagree with, actually agree with but do nothing about, or the best case scenario vote. But this same thing is being done on both sides right?

So what makes you better is that you are supporting the right people. Well, sad as it may seem, they believe that too.

In the end your just passing pamphlets to people and hoping they are sheep. Correct?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Hate to break it to yah, but "spreading the word" is........well its terribly inefficient to be frank.

You see the best you could do would be a politician yourself. That way you yourself become the person to change things and not rely on those who might be corrupted. Not easily done, hell probably impossible but thats basically the best option "available".

But you chose the......well the......hmmm how do i say this.......propaganda route?

Basically your way is the same way of every politician since dawn, spread newspapers on your view and be done. As great as this may seem to you that you are for a cause and it is a good one. (and it may be)>

In the end your just passing out pamphlets that people will either ingore, disagree with, actually agree with but do nothing about, or the best case scenario vote. But this same thing is being done on both sides right?

So what makes you better is that you are supporting the right people. Well, sad as it may seem, they believe that too.

In the end your just passing pamphlets to people and hoping they are sheep. Correct?
    The Constitution has done right by this country for over 2 decades.
    The stuff I pass out is about the preservation of that. It's not just "my views" of how things should be.
    There are several countries that used our Constitution as a blueprint for their own. There is very good reason for that.
    The ship only sinks if we allow it to. You may think handing out pamphlets and documentaries is foolish,
    and I might even be inclined to understand that if it were some right or left wing propaganda,
    but I assure you that's not the case. Most of the material I pass out can be found in the Library of Congress archives.
    The only thing I do give out on occasion that aren't accessible in the library of Congress archives is a documentary by Aaron Russo,
    It's called Freedom to Fascism, and it's basically about what Ron Paul has spoken about concerning the Federal banking system and IRS.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-28-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

The Constitution has done right by this country for over 2 decades.
    The stuff I pass out is about the preservation of that. It's not just "my views" of how things should be.
    There are several countries that used our Constitution as a blueprint for their own. There is very good reason for that.
    The ship only sinks if we allow it to. You may think handing out pamphlets and documentaries is foolish,
    and I might even be inclined to understand that if it were some right or left wing propaganda,
    but I assure you that's not the case. Most of the material I pass out can be found in the Library of Congress archives.
    The only thing I do give out on occasion that aren't accessible in the library of Congress archives is a documentary by Aaron Russo,
    It's called Freedom to Fascism, and it's basically about what Ron Paul has spoken about concerning the Federal banking system and IRS.
    *centuries. Lol only 20 years?!

Blah blah blah, save your speech for someone else.

Not to just dismiss everything your doing as "not really doing much" and basically doing the exact same thing the opposition is, but.................

Wait, yeah thats what I intended my bad.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Patriotic you may be, but its the internet and honestly i couldn't care less about real or poser patriots on the internet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

*centuries. Lol only 20 years?!

Blah blah blah, save your speech for someone else.

Not to just dismiss everything your doing as "not really doing much" and basically doing the exact same thing the opposition is, but.................

Wait, yeah thats what I intended my bad.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Patriotic you may be, but its the internet and honestly i couldn't care less about real or poser patriots on the internet.
    My bad dude I meant centuries. Multitasking ftl.
    You asked I just told..not sure why you're being pissy about it, but whatever.
    About the same way I feel about lazy shits that watch their Country go into a downward spiral and do nothing,
    It doesn't have to get REAL bad, but it can if people just sit back thinking everything is just A-OK.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-28-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

My bad dude I meant centuries. Multitasking ftl.
    You asked I just told..not sure why you're being pissy about it, but whatever.
    About the same way I feel about lazy shits that watch their Country go into a downward spiral and do nothing,
    It doesn't have to get REAL bad, but it can if people just sit back thinking everything is just A-OK.
    *sigh* the more you talk about other people the more i feel like you just do what you do so you feel better about yourself.

People have much more to do in life that i would hardly call them "sitting back". Hell your passing out pamphlets, its not like you really have the right to judge other people for being "lazy".

Just saying: Some people aren't as paranoid as you or have better things to do.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

On your pamphlet: The best scenario you get with those are turning sheep. Mindless people who follow you are the best for the cause. Educating people or explaining your views enough so that they agree is arguably better but a hell of a lot more time consuming and less efficient in the end.

But by recruiting sheep you officially are just like the opposition, just less efficient at it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

*sigh* the more you talk about other people the more i feel like you just do what you do so you feel better about yourself.

People have much more to do in life that i would hardly call them "sitting back". Hell your passing out pamphlets, its not like you really have the right to judge other people for being "lazy".

Just saying: Some people aren't as paranoid as you or have better things to do.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

On your pamphlet: The best scenario you get with those are turning sheep. Mindless people who follow you are the best for the cause. Educating people or explaining your views enough so that they agree is arguably better but a hell of a lot more time consuming and less efficient in the end.

But by recruiting sheep you officially are just like the opposition, just less efficient at it.
    I can easily say the same things about you Empire but I'm not here to throw childish insults at people.

The stuff on the pamphlets is from the Constitution, and basically literature from the founding fathers..
    You're acting as if I'm passing out some kind of cult initiation or something..
    Seriously..you make no sense to me. "Hey I like Ron Paul" but the guy doing what Paul advocated people to do is a dipshit..
    Also I work a full time job and go to school 3 nights a week. The pamphlets I pass out are distributed in between and after my classes..
    Not sure where you were getting at with comparing me to the lazy..
    Your little "paranoid" thing is getting old too. I believe in my Country and don't want to see it overwhelmed by Fascists and Capitalists, there is evidence of corruption..but yeah I'm paranoid. Good one.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-28-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

I can easily say the same things about you Empire but I'm not here to throw childish insults at people.

The stuff on the pamphlets is from the Constitution, and basically literature from the founding fathers..
    You're acting as if I'm passing out some kind of cult initiation or something..
    Seriously..you make no sense to me. "Hey I like Ron Paul" but the guy doing what Paul advocated people to do is a dipshit..
    Also I work a full time job and go to school 3 nights a week. The pamphlets I pass out are distributed in between and after my classes..
    Not sure where you were getting at with comparing me to the lazy..
    Your little "paranoid" thing is getting old too. I believe in my Country and don't want to see it overwhelmed by Fascists and Capitalists, there is evidence of corruption..but yeah I'm paranoid. Good one.
    Be pretty hard to say I call others lazy to feel better about myself when i don't. ?_?

I digress, the point was made that you called other people lazy while you are doing basically nothing as well. I'm not calling you lazy in your life, but in your contribution to the overall cause you are talking about you are doing well.......not much. Not that you should or anything, but its kinda hypocritical to say people "live in a bubble" when all you do is pass out pamphlets.
    -----------------------------------------------

In the end it comes down to what you do with the "knowledge" you posses. I simply inquired what you did since all these rights/freedoms are under attack. You pass out pamplets.

So yeah, nothing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Be pretty hard to say I call others lazy to feel better about myself when i don't. ?_?

I digress, the point was made that you called other people lazy while you are doing basically nothing as well. I'm not calling you lazy in your life, but in your contribution to the overall cause you are talking about you are doing well.......not much. Not that you should or anything, but its kinda hypocritical to say people "live in a bubble" when all you do is pass out pamphlets.
    -----------------------------------------------

In the end it comes down to what you do with the "knowledge" you posses. I simply inquired what you did since all these rights/freedoms are under attack. You pass out pamplets.

So yeah, nothing.

Yes, people are lazy. If you really think I said that to make me feel better about myself..wow.
    How would other peoples laziness make me feel better?
    Here is a perfect example of laziness in the terms that I was referring to.
    I had a conversation the other day with a woman about Ron Paul.
    So she was completely convinced that Ron was this total whack job, saying all this crazy shit like he wants to do away with social security for the elderly.
    Now obviously this a "lazy" person that sits back on their couch and listens to all the dribble mainstream media has to say about him.
    Rather than using her internet for something other than posting the cute shit her cat does on facebook,
    maybe she could have researched Mr. Paul a little and then she would realize that she was wrong.
    That's basically why I pass the documentaries out as well, because some people just can't be assed with reading..
    and the stuff I burn isn't left or right wing biased, it's filled with things every American should be aware of.
    You would be surprised how many people actually think our money is issued by our Treasury department.
    Or even some of the ridiculous things our tax dollars payed for in the last few years.
    I'm thinking that you underestimate the power of information.
    Before there was internet and social networks, this is how things like this got done.
    Even if a handful of people pass this stuff a long, that can turn into a chain.
    People in this country have gotten lazy..America holds the obesity record.
    There are too many distractions that deter the majority of logical thought when it comes to politics.
    The only channel worth a shit on T.V. is probably C-Span, but think about it..
    how many Americans do you think plop down on the couch and sit through Congressional hearings?
    Maybe you're right you know? Maybe what I'm doing won't reach the people I'm hoping it will,
    but at least I'm trying. That does make me feel better about myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123