Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Questions and answers

Let's do a little thought experiment, think of it as polling the Internet hive-mind if you will. We ask and answer questions in this thread and see what we can conclude after a few weeks of debate and thought. It's nothing special really, it's just a way of seeing which way the winds blow and the bits flow.

So here's the first question:

Two of the bigger problems in this world are the integrity of politicians (or lack thereof) and the various corrupting elements in society, do you agree?

Feedback is appreciated but don't get too emotional over what you read and post. It'd be a shame if this thread disintegrated into flames, since there are already so many of those these days...

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    Interprocess callback class
    SIN
    Infinite-precision arithmetic
    Hooking dynamic linkage
    (sloppy)Kernel mode Disassembler!!!

Semi debugger

Thanks
    Yeah, we have corrupt officials who are only trying to help themselves. Plus, they think they're helping us by doing some stuff while they're just ruining the world even more.

Also, 99% chance this thread will turn into flames. Just sayin. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Yeah, youre right.

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    If you think about this for a moment, what do you think is the most corrupting element that those in power come into contact with? Is it money? Which is an abstract representation of power. Perhaps it's power itself? Or is it status? Maybe it's the longing to material wealth? Or is it something else entirely? What do you think?

I stick with the old phrase that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that you are very unlikely to find someone who is 100% integer and trustworthy.

I'm SCHiM

Morals derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level.

Polymorphic engine
    Interprocess callback class
    SIN
    Infinite-precision arithmetic
    Hooking dynamic linkage
    (sloppy)Kernel mode Disassembler!!!

Semi debugger

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by .::SCHiM::. View Post
    If you think about this for a moment, what do you think is the most corrupting element that those in power come into contact with? Is it money? Which is an abstract representation of power. Perhaps it's power itself? Or is it status? Maybe it's the longing to material wealth? Or is it something else entirely? What do you think?

I stick with the old phrase that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that you are very unlikely to find someone who is 100% integer and trustworthy.
    I think that its multiple things, but mostly that they have other peoples lives in their hands.

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I feel it is a mix of greed and the love of having power. People will always just want more and more. It is sick, but that is the truth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Too much power inevitably leads to the abuse of it. As Churchill used to say, you can't give a crocodile pieces of meat and expect him not to eat your hand when the pieces of meat are over.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Too much power inevitably leads to the abuse of it. As Churchill used to say, you can't give a crocodile pieces of meat and expect him not to eat your hand when the pieces of meat are over.
    And that is why we have checks and balances although it fails sometimes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

It is power. I also believe elitists dabble in the occult and that certain world affairs are staged to usher in some prophecy based on their ideology.
    Some people might think that is crazy, but it makes sense when you think about it.
    You get filthy rich, do pretty much everything you can think of that is interesting on earth,
    then what? Maybe start looking beyond what you can physically see.
    I'm convinced about the occult thing for a few reasons. Symbology is one reason.
    America is strewn with odd symbols, and when you research enough of them you start realizing how they connect with each other.
    Pretty whacked out stuff..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I think this saying/quote from the Dalai Lama says it all
    " The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

“Man.
    Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
    And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
    the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
    he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Two of the bigger problems in this world are the integrity of politicians (or lack thereof) and the various corrupting elements in society, do you agree?
    How about war, poverty, and hunger?

Hell what about humanity in general?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets focus on politics *rolls eyes* because thats not a topic everyone is tired of arguing about.

Politicians suck anyway because of the grading scale. You have 1 person and a milllion other people to grade that one person. Even if he DID do a good job, you won't admit it till later and odds are that half the people don't like him. As for corruption, thats life, get over it.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-22-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    @Empire but if you had to resume all that's wrong with the world, in one objective statement/argument, what would it be?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

As far as corruption, thats life, get over it.
    That's exactly what is wrong with this Country.
    Too many people have that attitude. "Oh well..that's life, I'll just worry about myself la la la"
    Meanwhile Bills get passed in subterfuge, we lose more rights, and then bitch about it when it's too late.
    Fatten you up, dumb you down and off to the pigpen with you. It's sad really.

Here's a little quote from Thomas Jefferson, he was creepily intelligent.

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Sadly, that's exactly what happened in 1903.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

That's exactly what is wrong with this Country.
    Too many people have that attitude. "Oh well..that's life, I'll just worry about myself la la la"
    Meanwhile Bills get passed in subterfuge, we lose more rights, and then bitch about it when it's too late.
    Fatten you up, dumb you down and off to the pigpen with you. It's sad really.

Here's a little quote from Thomas Jefferson, he was creepily intelligent.

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Sadly, that's exactly what happened in 1903.
    Rights are imaginary in the first place. But to go along with what your saying:

People will always abuse power. Always. This is known. This will not change as long as we remain human. Could politicians be better? Yes. But the problem lies in humanity itself and until we change that you will only have a brief periods of good and bad.

Honestly we have more rights and freedom than we did at ANY point in the US history, so keep your "we are going to lose all our rights" bullshit to yourself. Its not worth crying over and if things get out of hand revolution will occur. This has also been known and is pretty much how history dictates it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Honestly we have more rights and freedom than we did at ANY point in the US history, so keep your "we are going to lose all our rights" bullshit to yourself. Its not worth crying over and if things get out of hand revolution will occur. This has also been known and is pretty much how history dictates it.
    Oh really? I think you're either extremely misinformed, or you're "Bullshitting" yourself my friend.

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF SPEECH

The Patriot Act broadly expands the official definition of
    terrorism, so that many domestic groups that engage in
    nonviolent civil disobedience could very well find themselves
    labeled as terrorists.
    The Government may now prosecute librarians or keepers
    of any other records if they reveal that the government
    requested information on their clients or members in the
    course of an investigation. It has become a crime for these
    individuals to try to safeguard your privacy or to tell you
    that you are under investigation.

1st AMENDMENT FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
    Government agents may now monitor the First Amendmentprotected
    activities of religious and political institutions, and
    then infiltrate these groups with no suspicion of criminal
    activity. This is a return to domestic spying on law-abiding
    religious and political groups.
    You may now be the subject of a government investigation
    simply because of the political, activist, or advocacy
    groups you are involved in, or the statements you make
    within these groups.

1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO ACCESS
    GOVERNMENT INFORMATION

A U.S. Department of Justice directive actively encourages
    federal, state, and local officials to resist and/or limit access
    to government records through Freedom of Information Act
    (FOIA) requests.
    The Government has conducted immigration hearings in
    secret behind closed doors. Such proceedings were once
    open to the public. Hundreds, if not thousands, of immigrants
    have already been deported in secret.

4th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE
    SEARCHES &SEIZURES

Law Enforcement authorities may now conduct secret searches and wiretaps in your home or office
    without showing “probable cause.” They need only to claim that intelligence gathering is “a significant
    purpose” of their intrusion, even when the primary goal is ordinary law enforcement. They may also
    monitor where and to whom you send and receive e-mail, or where you go on the Internet, recording
    every e-mail address and website you have been in contact with.
    Law Enforcement may now demand any personal records held by any source including your doctor,
    employer, accountant, or library. All they have to do is claim that it is related to an investigation into
    “terrorism.” The record keepers may not reveal that your records were provided to the government.
    Judicial oversight of secret searches has been effectively minimized. The Patriot Act directs judges to
    consent to secret searches based only on the Government’s assertion that a “significant” purpose of
    an investigation is gathering information related to “terrorism,” as the government defines it.

5th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS & FREEDOM FROM BEING
    HELD WITHOUT CHARGE

Americans can now be jailed without a formal charge & without the right to confront the witnesses or
    evidence against them. American citizens are now being held in military jails without charge and without
    a clear path of appeal for their indefinite confinement.
    Hundreds of Arab, Muslim and South Asian men were rounded up in the Ashcroft raids following
    September 11, and held for weeks without charges until all were cleared of terrorism charges

6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION

Hundreds of U.S. residents have been detained for months at a time, and denied access to the advice
    and advocacy of an attorney. The Government may now monitor conversations between attorneys &
    clients in federal jails.
    The Bush Administration filed papers in court that arguing that an American citizen held in a military
    jail without charge should be denied access to legal counsel because such access would interfere with
    the process of his interrogation

6th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL
    The U.S. Government may now jail its residents and citizens indefinitely without charge & without a public trial.

8th AMENDMENT FREEDOM FROM CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS

The U.S. Government has taken into custody individuals they identify as “material witnesses,” transported
    them across the country, and held them for months in solitary confinement without charge or
    contact with their family.
    According to the Justice Department’s own Inspector General, immigrant men rounded up in the
    Ashcroft raids following September 11 and held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, NY
    were subjected to a pattern of “physical and verbal abuse.”

14th AMENDMENT RIGHT TO EQUAL PROTECTION
    Over 82,000 men from Arab, Muslim and South Asian countries registered with the Government
    under the Special Registration program. Over 13,000 are now in deportation proceedings. None
    have been charged with terrorism.

That's just the tip of the iceberg really.
    Refer to this article for more "Bullshit"

How Americans Lost Their Right To Own Gold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast