Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Question A question of mine

My Friend and I were talking and in some point in the conversation he said "You're always on this site, are you planning to be a Middleman or something?" I said "No" But then I started thinking...

What are the duties of a middleman?

Do I have good enough English for the Job?

Can a Person merely 15 years old actually be a middleman?

How active do you have to be?

Etc. Etc.

Answer as much as possible.. I've been thinking of it for an hour or so, and i am getting kinda interested.. but I don't know all the small details yet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [oG]Brian View Post
    My Friend and I were talking and in some point in the conversation he said "You're always on this site, are you planning to be a Middleman or something?" I said "No" But then I started thinking...

What are the duties of a middleman?

Do I have good enough English for the Job?

Can a Person merely 15 years old actually be a middleman?

How active do you have to be?

Etc. Etc.

Answer as much as possible.. I've been thinking of it for an hour or so, and i am getting kinda interested.. but I don't know all the small details yet
    I'll lay out the details then.

In doesn't matter what age you are. I guess 15 is an appropriate age. Middleman's carry out and look after trades of members to ensure that a trade goes safe and without scam. You basically need to speak English fluently and very well. You must be pretty active. You can only 'apply' to become a middleman when applications for them come out... Usually you'd see a thread for applications in the Middleman Lounge section... There aren't any up right now. You're going to have to wait for one. Also, don't expect to get chosen out of the blue like that, you should actually 'contribute' towards the marketplace section... A good example would be scammer's grave. A middleman's job is basically to carry out the entire scammer report. But members can also ditch in and help as well. You could ask members for maybe small little things they may need in a scammers report, for example, proof like real chat windows and not text written, give more information on the report, or point out some small things he may be generally missing... There are also basic requirements like the 800+ posts requirement, four or more months registered on this site, etc...
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post:

[oG]Brian (02-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    A middleman is a person who make sures no one gets scammed when trading you dont have to be 24/7 active but you cant be unactive even if your 15 doesnt mean anything only if your mature enough like I think it was jigsaw is 16 (what it says on his profile) and he is a minion of cf section and is mature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    15 years old is enough to do that..but are you sure you can be on for almost 24/7 everyday? I'm sure your parents will not approve that. Plus, a middleman is really not that easy as you think..I have tried that for like 3 days and I gave up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    basically make sure trades so smoothly...

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

and even if u dont know english, u can always be a middleman for those who speak something different.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post

I'll lay out the details then.

In doesn't matter what age you are. I guess 15 is an appropriate age. Middleman's carry out and look after trades of members to ensure that a trade goes safe and without scam. You basically need to speak English fluently and very well. You must be pretty active. You can only 'apply' to become a middleman when applications for them come out... Usually you'd see a thread for applications in the Middleman Lounge section... There aren't any up right now. You're going to have to wait for one. Also, don't expect to get chosen out of the blue like that, you should actually 'contribute' towards the marketplace section... A good example would be scammer's grave. A middleman's job is basically to carry out the entire scammer report. But members can also ditch in and help as well. You could ask members for maybe small little things they may need in a scammers report, for example, proof like real chat windows and not text written, give more information on the report, or point out some small things he may be generally missing... There are also basic requirements like the 800+ posts requirement, four or more months registered on this site, etc...
    Thanks for the info... Too bad I dun fall into some of those categories and I honestly only wanna be part of the Crossfire Trading Section. All I really wanna be able to do is like Acc to acc trading. I know regular members aren't allowed to do that legally on this website, but I kinda wanna contribute a bit more for the MPGH community.

Thanks for being that descriptive.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldo614 View Post
    15 years old is enough to do that..but are you sure you can be on for almost 24/7 everyday? I'm sure your parents will not approve that. Plus, a middleman is really not that easy as you think..I have tried that for like 3 days and I gave up.
    Well, if i get a job this will change, but i am online for like 12 hours a day. And yea, i know it's hard...

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TrollLin View Post
    basically make sure trades so smoothly...

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

and even if u dont know english, u can always be a middleman for those who speak something different.
    Bro, I do know English, I was asking if my English speaking was good enough.

We always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    @[oG]Brian Same here, if I ever become a middleman I might have some trouble figuring out how most of the other games trading process works.

Member - IX.MMX
    Donator - XII.MMXI
    Middleman - IV.MMXII
    League of Legends Minion - V.MMXIV
    Editor - VI.MMXIV
    Other MMORPGs Minion - X.MMXIV
    Call of Duty Minion - XII.MMXIV
    CrossFire Minion - II.MMXV
    Steam Games Minion - III.MMXV
    Minion+ - IV.MMXV
    Former Staff - XI.MMXV

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Well good luck with that
    I Read All My Pms. And Vms.
    Thank Me if I Helped You...

Gifts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclypse View Post
    @[oG]Brian Same here, if I ever become a middleman I might have some trouble figuring out how most of the other games trading process works.
    T.T I wanna be a mini Middleman xD. Honestly, I'd like to just work on the side and help people trade CF accounts.