Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Nexon gets a New FPS game

Nexon America Announces Plans to Publish “Shadow Company: The Mercenary War”

Powered by Unreal Engine 3, the first-person shooter will launch later this year

Feb. 23, 2012 – (Los Angeles, Calif.) – Nexon America today announced plans to publish “Shadow Company: The Mercenary War,” a first-person shooter PC game, in North America later this year. From Doobic Game Studios, “Shadow Company: The Mercenary War” is being developed using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3, offering the first-person shooter (FPS) a level of graphic fidelity rarely seen in a free-to-play game.

“Shadow Company: The Mercenary War” is an evolution in free-to-play FPS games, offering features such as weather effects, dynamic lighting effects, 24 person multiplayer combat, and realistic character animation made possible by Unreal Engine 3.

“‘Shadow Company: The Mercenary War’ represents the exceedingly high level of quality we strive for in the games we publish,” said Nexon America CEO Daniel Kim. “Robust graphics and innovative gameplay combined with solid multiplayer options make ‘Shadow Company: The Mercenary War’ a perfect fit for players in North America.”

“Partnering with Nexon to publish and service ‘Shadow Company: The Mercenary War’ is a great opportunity for us to show the world how compelling a free-to-play FPS can be,” said Jun Hyok Im, CEO of Doobic Game studios. “We are committed to working with the best partner in each market in order to make ‘Shadow Company: The Mercenary War’ the finest first-person shooter available. Given our publishing history with Nexon and the company’s track record of success, it was an easy decision to partner with Nexon once again.”

Globally, Nexon has obtained the rights to publish “Shadow Company: The Mercenary War” in North America, Europe and Japan. “Shadow Company: The Mercenary War” will join a diverse suite of free-to-play games in Nexon America’s PC games portfolio when it launches later this year.

What do u guys think ??? Would this be the end for CA ??? The beta testing starts this year. MPGH can make hacks for this game soon.
    Last edited by ProGamerX; 02-25-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I dont think Nexon gives a fuck about CA anymore.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I just think CA will just stay but they will just stop doing updates and just bann hackers.
    Found the trailer..
    Lmao they used the same gun sounds from CA.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 02-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    They can barely handle one fps, what are the chances they can successfully implement 2? Probably next to zero.

Thanks
    I was hoping nexon wasnt gonna buy this from doobic...I was hoping that doobic would sell the game to someone else...

heres the discussion I made about it a while back: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/197-combat...w-company.html
    Last edited by AVGN; 02-25-2012 at 11:57 PM.

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post
    I was hoping nexon wasnt gonna buy this from doobic...I was hoping that doobic would sell the game to someone else...

heres the discussion I made about it a while back: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/197-combat...w-company.html
    All Nexon is doing buying games from other companys like they did to Sudden Attack and changed up the lobby and released it, they been always doing that and always been successful at it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise` View Post
    All Nexon is doing buying games from other companys like they did to Sudden Attack and changed up the lobby and released it.
    They bought combat arms from doobic too... But its different from SA. Doobic just develops games and sells them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    If CA shuts down, they better gimme back my fucking nx .

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

9. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowFever For This Useful Post:

ortax (02-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post

They bought combat arms from doobic too... But its different from SA. Doobic just develops games and sells them.
    Well they need to sell it to a company that actually knows how to code, and that as a better tech support.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Looking forward to this.

Important rules for all the idiots:

1st rules of spelling. Don't fuck with the ORIGINAL.

There're three things I refuse to tolerate: cowardice, bad haircuts, and millitary insurrection.

- Frieza

You want to keep everyone from dying? That's naive. It's a war; people die.

- Luffy to Vivi in Alabasta

We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    I hope the beta gets released soon, I've been looking for a new F2P Online game to play. CA lacks fun nowadays.

Thanks
    Dave said he needs a new game to hack.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    They can barely handle one fps, what are the chances they can successfully implement 2? Probably next to zero.
    they got 2 already this would be the 3rd

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
    I hope the beta gets released soon, I've been looking for a new F2P Online game to play. CA lacks fun nowadays.
    try sudden attack its by nexon

[IMG]https://i988.photobucke*****m/albums/af4/mallard247/kolec94.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Damn that actually doesn't look that bad. I'll definitely consider playing open beta for that! I see references to CoD because of what seems like killstreak rewards, Killzone because you can cloak, Blacklight Retribution because the HUD looks similar, Brink because you can dive in/out of cover and it looks like there is something similar to the S.M.A.R.T system, and Medal of Honor because the environment and some of the gun models look similar.

I just hope that when this game comes out, it won't be ruined too quickly. I think that this game would be better off with another company, such as Aeria Games/Ijji, because any other company that is NOT Nexon, can handle the game much better, not to mention, the community feedback for the game wouldn't suck.

But, i'll just do the same thing I did with Combat Arms, play during the first year when it's good, and stop before I end up hating it because of hackers and the unplayability, because since it's Nexon, I expect this game to only last a year until it gets bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    You guys are not bright when it comes down to game studios. The company the makes the game owns the game, but Nexon has the rights to control and distributed it to anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast